It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The calender says March but seems to me its May weather in Iowa and throughout The USA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Its March and not even spring til next week and the last few days and the few more days from today its going to be in the 70's and near 80 for a couple of days well...

I have never experience this nice of temps for this time of the year for consecutive days as well...

It has been gorgeous here needless to say just hope its not too good to be true later on though when severe weather season happens from April to July...

This weather map says it all...

www.weather.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
We have had a very mild winter...and spring is turning out great!

It's supposed to be 82F today..been in the 70's for a while...and 10day outlook puts us in the 70/80F
)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Its the same every where.

If you ask me, I'd say the Gov/Scientists just need to admit the seasons have moved across a month or 2 instead of being in denial about it!!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
80 degrees here in ATL. Trees, shrubs, animals and people all confused.

I hate to see what August will feel like.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
In oregon we have had, in the last 3 weeks, snow, then 60 degree weather, then snow.

Weather does what it wants. No two years are the same.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
We are enjoying the sun and warmth here in the UK to.

Weather patterns change, over my 32 years on this planet ive seen lots of variations in weather. Some years are hotter than others.

I think as the sun is very active this is reflected in the temps here on earth..i could be wrong.

link   
reply to post by usaman1983

I've been thinking the same thing. I posted this earlier in the year. www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   
reply to post by usaman1983

Yeah its beautiful and warm here in NY. Isn't this due to the Jet Stream being of its normal course? Isn't that why we here in the USA have had a very warm winter while the UK and friends are having a very cold winter?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Thank you X flares!

I've been wearing shorts all week and working outside in the yard. I'm only a few hours away from Canada and we usually have snow on the ground until April.

This summer is going to be really warm, let's enjoy it while it lasts... plant lots of veggies.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Around here (St. Louis, MO) they say to put the crabgrass preventer down when the forsythia is in bloom which is right now. I just did it and noted that I have a couple patches of crabgrass already 4" high. It will be interesting.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Another thing to mention here in Iowa we have Canadian Geese but usually winter they are no where to be found but they never left Iowa where I am at, they were always here....

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I've been really enjoying the warm weather! 10 degrees warmer is excellent for my area. I seem to remember the climate change people saying even a 1 degree change would kill us all. Seems great so far!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I find it bizarre that we are the same temperature today here in west Texas / New Mexico as y'all are up in Iowa and Illinois. It's the middle of March, there is usually a big difference in temps between the northern and southern tiers of the US.

I went outside on the porch today to enjoy the sun, and within 5 minutes my skin was turning red like it was burning. I have never felt the sun so strongly in March before, and I have lived 11 years in Texas and 40 in California. The sunlight feels stronger, almost as if we're closer to the sun than we used to be. Or, perhaps, the sun is burning hotter than it used to....

I cannot imagine how hot and intense it's going to be this summer. If TPTB don't obliterate the world in a nuclear war by then, we'll all have a chance to find out.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
It's nice here. I can do without the very cold weather. I didn't have my heat on at all yesterday and it was hot as heck.

My thermostat said it was close to 90 degrees in my home. But there was no heat. Like the dryer wasn't running, the stove wasn't on, the heat wasn't on. I was like OMG, no wonder I feel like I'm burning up in this place.

I had to put the A/C on last night just to bring it back down to 75 degrees.

Totally mind boggling, first time I ever seen my thermostat so high without any heat.
edit on 14-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I am loving the 75 degrees here in MI! It is suppose to be warm all through the weekend!
I'll take it while I can get it because we could have a blizzard March 31st.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
41 degrees and raining. Feels like 36. It seems like 8 months since I've seen the sun.

2nd line.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Indeed.

In Memphis, it will be in the 80s all week.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertynotbs

Me too, I miss the sun.
Yesterday, in the Portland metro area, we woke up to several inches of Snow, and we had snow on and off throughout the day. There is still a little left on the ground. Most snow we got this year, and awful late for snow.

So, it is not warm everywhere in the U.S..

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Did anyone else get attacked by mosquito's last night? Wow were they bad. Definitely not something I'm used to dealing with in March.

new topics

top topics

join