It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solution to the Taser abuse

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I have been thinking about it all day today.

So many stories of police officers using tasers on people. Then I read the pinnacle of abuse by a police officer who used a taser on a 9 year old. I was appalled that there were people actually supporting the actions of the police officer. I thought how can anyone in their right mind believe that it is okay to taser a child throwing a tantrum?

Are they unable to feel compassion? Love authority like a God..so in their minds authority can do no wrong? Do they love violence? Are they insane? Or maybe they just think that cops get a bad break for doing a tough job?

Perhaps one or more of the above fit one or more of the ATS users?

I do understand that using a taser is less lethal than using a firearm. So I do see a place in this society for less lethal methods of restraint.

My solution for this abuse of power with the taser is: They should treat the use of a taser like they do the discharging of a firearm. There should be an investigation into EVERY instance that a weapon is used. If the answer is Yes..to the question: Would you have used your firearm to stop this person if you had not had a taser?

Then maybe the use of a taser was warranted.

This would cut down on the nonchalant usage by many cops that just can't be bothered by doing their job properly. And the sadistic ones that can't inflict enough pain.

Thread about the 9 year old be tasered

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I was going to add more threads reporting this abuse..but there were just too many. You can do the search and then tell me if this abuse has gotten out of hand.
edit on 13-3-2012 by spav5 because: hit enter before I had anything on the page..sorry first thread : )

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
No tasers?

edit on 13-3-2012 by boncho because: Posted before the op was fixed. Comment stands.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by spav5

Tasers cannot penetrate Carharts.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirjunlegun
reply to post by spav5

Not sure what you are saying.

Peace

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by spav5

reply to post by spav5

Peace

I believe he is referring to a type of outerwear. www.carhartt.com...

Saying that the prongs of a taser cannot penetrate the skin of the jacket.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by spav5

reply to post by spav5

Peace

I believe he is referring to a type of outerwear. www.carhartt.com...

Saying that the prongs of a taser cannot penetrate the skin of the jacket.

I didn't know that..thanks. I Still do not understand the point. They would still have a firearm.

Peace

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by spav5

spav5,
In no ways is it okay to taze a 9 year old boy. There is no justification. If you are unable to restrain or detain a 9 year old child without using a tazer or weapon, you do not deserve to be a cop, and are a despicible p*ssy. Moms do it every day. That is just my opinion, however.
I do support your opinion to question every taze as if it were a firearm, with the same intent, and effort to investigate the reasons leading to. Justifiable evidence they were legitimately tazed.
S&F!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Katharos62191
reply to post by spav5

spav5,
In no ways is it okay to taze a 9 year old boy. There is no justification. If you are unable to restrain or detain a 9 year old child without using a tazer or weapon, you do not deserve to be a cop, and are a despicible p*ssy. Moms do it every day. That is just my opinion, however.
I do support your opinion to question every taze as if it were a firearm, with the same intent, and effort to investigate the reasons leading to. Justifiable evidence they were legitimately tazed.
S&F!

Thanks..I too can see little justification for using a Taser on a 9 year old. And absolutely no justification in the case listed.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Here's an idea. Get everyone to carry tazers. Then, when you see a cop who might be breaking the law, you know, jaywalking, resisting arrest, whatever, tazer them a few times and perform a citizens arrest. If you're wrong, oh well. Just say that they were armed and you feared for your life. Nothing happens to a cop who wrongfully tazers and arrests someone, and then says they were in fear for their life from an armed perpetrator. When cops are constantly looking over their shoulders worried about the old woman or kid who might tazer them in the back, maybe things will change.

Oh, and be sure to stand on their neck while someone else kicks them in the ribs. It's standard police proceedure.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom
Here's an idea. Get everyone to carry tazers. Then, when you see a cop who might be breaking the law, you know, jaywalking, resisting arrest, whatever, tazer them a few times and perform a citizens arrest. If you're wrong, oh well. Just say that they were armed and you feared for your life. Nothing happens to a cop who wrongfully tazers and arrests someone, and then says they were in fear for their life from an armed perpetrator. When cops are constantly looking over their shoulders worried about the old woman or kid who might tazer them in the back, maybe things will change.

Oh, and be sure to stand on their neck while someone else kicks them in the ribs. It's standard police proceedure.

Gave you a star for making smile..and for expressing the feelings that I sometimes have : )

Peace

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

reply to post by spav5

Oh I get it..letting me know how to prevent myself from being Tased. Doh

Thanks.

Peace

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Well, what you have there is an admirable solution. But there are probably at least several dozen ideas I could think of to end the abuse of tasers, none of which will ever be implemented. Whereby lies the problem: No one in a position of responsibility is interested in solutions. Band-aids; mouth-service; evading the question; empty gestures; ignoring the problem entirely--all of those are much easier and more politically expedient than trying to face down cops, police unions, tough-on-crime voters and political idiots.

But thanks for playing....

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
Well, what you have there is an admirable solution. But there are probably at least several dozen ideas I could think of to end the abuse of tasers, none of which will ever be implemented. Whereby lies the problem: No one in a position of responsibility is interested in solutions. Band-aids; mouth-service; evading the question; empty gestures; ignoring the problem entirely--all of those are much easier and more politically expedient than trying to face down cops, police unions, tough-on-crime voters and political idiots.

But thanks for playing....

Well I have other solutions as well...but the parameters I am limiting myself to are those already in place in this bureaucratic bloated authoritative society in which we live . This would just be another band-aid on the spraying artery....but it is something that could be implemented easily and quickly (will just take a few deaths..perhaps a few 9 year old deaths).

Thanks for responding.

Peace

Edit: Parameters for this particular solution.

edit on 13-3-2012 by spav5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by spav5

I realize now that I sounded flippant and dismissive. Not what I intended. It's just that I'm so disgusted with what our police forces have become, as well as those who supposedly oversee them. Cops seem to have a notion that tazing someone is no more harmful and no longer-lasting than *tickling* them into submission.

I live in Oakland, and daily take my wife to the BART station where Oscar Grant was shot and killed by a cop who was ostensibly reaching for his taser. The kid was already subdued, and no other action was called for--not even tazing. But the cop apparently decided that while he had the kid down he'd engage in a bit of gratuitous torture by tazing him anyway. But--oops!--got in a hurry and grabbed his pistol instead. (That's my opinion of what happened, anyway. Not everyone agrees with me.)

Another BART cop at that same station had, shortly before that, chased a young kid on a bicycle (the cop was in his car). He caught up with the kid a few blocks away (off of BART-jurisdiction property, incidentally) and tazed him while the kid was pedaling for all he was worth. Kid spazzed out and crashed his bike--with the expected cuts, sprains, breaks, knocked-out teeth, and so forth, that any sensible person would for God's sake *expect* if you tazed someone in that situation.

And the less discipline and/or punishment they get for doing that sort of nastiness, the more encouraged they are to do it. Makes no sense. It's enough to make any sane person cry out loud with shame and frustration--but it doesn't even faze the bastards.

I don't know what you do. It's beyond me....

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
reply to post by spav5

I realize now that I sounded flippant and dismissive. Not what I intended. It's just that I'm so disgusted with what our police forces have become, as well as those who supposedly oversee them. Cops seem to have a notion that tazing someone is no more harmful and no longer-lasting than *tickling* them into submission.

I live in Oakland, and daily take my wife to the BART station where Oscar Grant was shot and killed by a cop who was ostensibly reaching for his taser. The kid was already subdued, and no other action was called for--not even tazing. But the cop apparently decided that while he had the kid down he'd engage in a bit of gratuitous torture by tazing him anyway. But--oops!--got in a hurry and grabbed his pistol instead. (That's my opinion of what happened, anyway. Not everyone agrees with me.)

Another BART cop at that same station had, shortly before that, chased a young kid on a bicycle (the cop was in his car). He caught up with the kid a few blocks away (off of BART-jurisdiction property, incidentally) and tazed him while the kid was pedaling for all he was worth. Kid spazzed out and crashed his bike--with the expected cuts, sprains, breaks, knocked-out teeth, and so forth, that any sensible person would for God's sake *expect* if you tazed someone in that situation.

And the less discipline and/or punishment they get for doing that sort of nastiness, the more encouraged they are to do it. Makes no sense. It's enough to make any sane person cry out loud with shame and frustration--but it doesn't even faze the bastards.

I don't know what you do. It's beyond me....

I wasn't sure if you were mocking me or not...but I still understood your disgust at the way many things are. I share that disgust. I gave you a star for at least engaging my thread.

I agree ... this craziness should make a sane person want to cry out loud.

I don't know if I am more disgusted by the people abusing their power and other people..or if I am more disgusted by the people that think that it is okay.

Thanks for clarifying..but I did not take it personally.

Peace

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Everyone should pack guns. Everyone. That's why they put it in the constitution. And not so everyone could go hunting. And then people should stick up for each other, as in, use their guns to protect themselves, and the nine year old kids nearby. Cops do it every day. If everyone was strapped, everyone would be a LOT more polite.

Never gonna happen, though.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Here is a solution,

wear electrically conductive outerwear. When tased, it would cause a short circuit in the taser and you cross your fingers that the user gets it!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
Everyone should pack guns. Everyone. That's why they put it in the constitution. And not so everyone could go hunting. And then people should stick up for each other, as in, use their guns to protect themselves, and the nine year old kids nearby. Cops do it every day. If everyone was strapped, everyone would be a LOT more polite.

Never gonna happen, though.

I am not opposed to the idea..but if we carry pistols..the cops would likely carry machine guns...if we carry machine guns the cops would likely carry bazookas.

Peace

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I agree with the OP. Every time a taser is used there should be an investigation. I'd hate to be tazed. I've a feeling it would kill me.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glargod
Here is a solution,

wear electrically conductive outerwear. When tased, it would cause a short circuit in the taser and you cross your fingers that the user gets it!

There is an idea..maybe something that sends the charge back at the user. But then it would be considered assault on a police officer and it would likely mean more fatal gun shot wounds inflicted by the police. We have enough of those already.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join