It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen charged over Facebook post on UK soldiers killed in Afghanistan#

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

What are you talking about?! If you read back a few comments, I told everyone. All British operations are conducted with Afghan Army and Afghan police! Why on earth would they let British troops just gun down innocent people?!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Petest205
reply to post by randomname

Also, it's not just the insurgent groups we're fighting over there, it's the drugs. 10 years ago, 60% of the world's coc aine came from Afghan soil.

Cocaine?

Second line, just like the first. Cocaine?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Petest205

You seem to think that the government which unleashed thousands of armed men into a foreign country is in control of those men. If you were even slightly educated in world history you would know that was not true. Instead of supporting these dying and decaying relic regimes instead focus in how to move forward from here.

On single American soldier just a week ago executed 16 civilians for no good reason. Children.

Children.

Take your armed soldiers out of nations now. Or be MADE to do so by the intelligent resistance.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Where are people getting "threats" from? Saying you hope someone dies, is not saying that you are going to kill them.....

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Badgered1

I assume he meant heroine, at least I hope he did

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
As an american/canadian, that loves his freedom.....

Even if what you say makes me want to puke, I will still stand and defend your right to say it. That is how I feel about speech, and how I always will. The only exception is yelling fire in a theatre, period.

Guess brits think it's OK to call people racist names on facebook, but god forbid you hope soldiers die on facebook.....

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
On just one of the articles about the recent massacre by a US soldier in Afghanistan, I saw several comments supporting the actions of the US soldier.

I agree with many of the other people posting on this thread - this is a very slippery slope. Making it a one-sided campaign only makes it more slippery.

If the UK wants to start cracking down on this thing, they damn well better crack down on both sides.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
well it'd be better if some more western soldeirs were killed so it puts pressure on the corrupt leaders to pull the troops and stop raping and pillaging other countires.

There I said it, sue me, If I'm sued then surley even the gullible can see democracy is an illusion.

The hypocrisy of the west makes me sick.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I dont think you guys have looked up the legal definition of Terrorist. He is a "suspected terrorist" in all reality , however , i doubt they will treat him as such.

Hoping "death" to another human and saying all that he did pretty much makes it a threat. One who threats another or organization of death in hopes of political change is a terrorist.

Well , at least he could easily be labled a suspect in the U.S with our definition of terrorist.

---

Basically , applying the word "DEATH" after all he typed ... is dangerous. You can have an opinion , but once you begin to mention "hope of death" or "killing" , your on a very very thin line of fish string.

---

Oh wow , i just read some more of his facebook page ... he is advocating murder without a doubt.
edit on 14-3-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

I hope you die and go to hell is not even borderline threat.......
I am going to blow your ass away etc, that is a threat. If the laws are so twisted you can call someone that posts an opinion a "suspected terrorist" then I feel bad for ya.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Badgered1

lmao! i was thinking the exact same thing

since when has 60% of the worlds coc aine ever came from afghan soil??

Yup..and the heroin production is down 60% because of us too, right?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Your opinions are what make you a terrorist. Your actions do as well , but by the time we see your action some one is probably dead so a little to late?

If you have an opinion advocating "death" i suggest you keep it quiet. You mentioning death on me , or toward me is a threat.

I know a soldier who has been discharged for saying "I hope your ass gets blown up" to a CO. COs can take a lot a crap from a unit in combat , but once you mention physical altercation or death , you crossed the line and will get a Dishonorable discharge , unless your CO shows pity (By CO i mean an officer).

The reason he was discharged? The threat of physical harm to an officer. He avoided jail time simply because his death threat was in the form of "hope" and not direct threat to his life. Regardless. It is considered a threat.
edit on 14-3-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Sorry dude, the military have their own rules and court system, that is apples to oranges. Saying you hope someone dies is not a threat, no matter how you try to twist it. I can see how that would be an issue in the military, hoping someone dies, you just might let them step on a mine or get shot or something. Different scenario altogether.

And thinking and posting opinions does not make you a terrorist..... That is called thought crimes, and you seriously advocate that? Wow....
edit on Wed, 14 Mar 2012 02:49:02 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
milky, wow, and people wonder why americans are labelled imbeciles. You are saying people should be put in jail for thought crimes, omg, blind patriotism at its best. Not sure why I wasted typing this to you.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

After rereading that TKDRL I notice something, "die and go to hell" is a saying. Popular in the 80's, if you google it you will even get some movie references. It cannot be taken in the context of "killing" someone. Not saying that this was the intent of the FB poster, but it is food for thought. -note- *I am also not condoning the FB poster's comments.

But on the other hand, I found a page of letters sent to an Afghani website after 911, it's interesting some of the comments (from Americans):

I wish you would enter my backyard and see how freedom is defended. I honestly hope that some of our bombs miss and kill your wives and kids.

Kiss my American ass and die you stupid redneck idiots. I hope you drown in camel piss!!!!

I JUST HAD TO LET YOU COWARDS KNOW THAT NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO, WHERE YOU DO IT, OR HOW YOU DO IT WE (THE U.S.) WILL NEVER, EVER, EVER GIVE UP. AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED YOUR GOVERNMENT AND THE CITIZENS OF YOUR COUNTRY WHO BELIEVE THAT BIN LADEN IS A HERO IS A BUNCH OF SICK MINDED, COWARDLY BASTARDS THAT DESERVE DEATH.-------

Look forward to visiting your country, killing some people, leaving, then revisiting when it's a nice glass parking lot from multiple bombs!!!! Should be dropping in next week to give the beautiful people a kiss with my M-60 & a few grenades!!!! Bye-Bye dickheads!!!!

Source

Now, to put that in perspective, these above American letters of hate?/frustration?/ignorance?, were sent shortly after 911. Of course, shortly after innocent American lives were taken.

Troops are still in Afghanistan, innocents are still being killed in the Afghani's home country, and it is almost as if western society is confused as to why people from that nation would be upset. After all, Bin Laden is dead, and that was the reason to go there in the first place, was it not?

The hypocrisy here is quite heavy.
edit on 14-3-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

I know a soldier who has been discharged for saying "I hope your ass gets blown up" to a CO.

I think people within a military unit saying such things is far different than a civilian saying that to someone in the military, do you not? The military are there to protect each other and have each others backs, it's quite clear if someone says something like that they are showing a lack of respect for their sworn duty as they should not want any member of their unit to parish.

There is a reason civilians are treated differently than military. And there is a reason why the military is supposed to command respect from the civilian population.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
If he was my next door neighbor i would have went round there and kicked his face in as i'm sure 90% of the people i know here would have, quite frankly we have all had enough of this hatred towards us from the asian communities hatred just breeds hatred, sure does, sure is

Just saying... freedom of speech etc

Oh and spare me the Zionist/Rothschild BS please,

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

good.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarriorOfTheLight
If he was my next door neighbor i would have went round there and kicked his face in as i'm sure 90% of the people i know here would have, quite frankly we have all had enough of this hatred towards us from the asian communities hatred just breeds hatred, sure does, sure is

And tough guy, if blind patriots speak like you do I'm more than willing to take them down a notch or two very quickly. You wouldnt be pulling the skin of a rice pudding let alone punching anyones face in, just another keyboard warrior, so pls dont hype it up anymore, more thought and less wannabe cowboys is what the world needs to see from the west.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haxsaw

Originally posted by WarriorOfTheLight

And tough guy, if blind patriots speak like you do I'm more than willing to take them down a notch or two very quickly. You wouldnt be pulling the skin of a rice pudding let alone punching anyones face in, just another keyboard warrior, so pls dont hype it up anymore, more thought and less wannabe cowboys is what the world needs to see from the west.

Well that's handy because you'll have plenty of like minded people to fight when you decide to get brave

your BS conspiracy's are doing nothing more then stoking the fires for ethnic cleansing, and it because of this that has given birth to organization such as the EDL, that combats these warped delusional extremists and there hatred

its only a matter of time before you get your wish

edit on 14-3-2012 by WarriorOfTheLight because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join