It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen charged over Facebook post on UK soldiers killed in Afghanistan#

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
What don't I know about? Now the state you reside in somehow displays intelligence or knowledge on a subject? I'm sorry for advocating freedom of speech.

And I never said the USA was perfect it really all depends on the state you are in plus our constitution keeps getting trampled on.

God, people round here are having right trouble reading their own posts, let alone anyone elses. Here this is what you said, now go work out what I meant. It's not difficult, it really isn't.:

UK doesn't believe in freedom of speech. Home of the thought crime against political dissidents.

In fact, I'll spell it out to save my own time. You made a sweeping statement despite not actually residing in the place you're passing judgement on. I'd even be willing to bet you've never even been here.

It's like me saying all of America is full of gun toting idiots with the collective IQ of a Womble. I've never been to the US, but what's that got to do with anything. I saw it on the internets.....

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by WarriorOfTheLight

Extremist Muslims have nothing to do with what the poster on facebook said. He spoke about the military murdering civilians.

Go find the thread in the ATS vault of USA soldiers throwing a puppy off a cliff. There were people wishing death on them.....should they be arrested too?

Actually they have alot to do with it, they're the sole reason for this 19yo outbursts, if you want to ignorantly ignore that then fine,

Why would i want to go OT and find an irrelevant thread about US troops ?

Lets take a look at what he said, and stay on topic

What about the innocent familys who have been killed

What about them? did ISAF troops kill them? no, the Taliban did, just as the Taliban force the children to fight for them in every village in Afghanistan, the rest are maimed when suicide bombers go running riot, EXACTLY the same as in Iraq, its not and never has been coalition troops it is flat out propaganda that unfortunately this kid has been subjected to by his extremist buddys, so yes it has EVERYTHING to do with Extremists and thats so blatantly obvious you'd have to be a fool to miss it, hes saying exactly what they say...

So what else?

Women have been raped children sliced up,

Not by our troops they haven't, clearly more delusional extremist propaganda,

Your enemy's were the Taliban not innocent civilians

Everything he is saying is being committed by the Taliban, how do i know? because i served in Afghanistan with the Royal Anglian Regiment, i know from personal experience exactly what is going on out there as i have seen it with my own eyes, and it is 110% lies/propaganda from extremists preaching hate in our own country, we protect those villages from the Taliban who steal there food force there children to fight and rape women regularly, British troops remain on base when they are not on patrol, they do not take strolls into the village at night and rape women, which are often miles from any villages or towns, its laughable its just flat out BS,

All soldiers should die, and go to hell lowlife fokking scum, gotta problem go cry at there graves and wish him hell because thats where he is going

He is an extremist, preaching hatred, clearly, and the public was outraged because its nothing new, we hear these rant all the time from the asian communities for years and we have put up with it even tho they are extreme and offensive to us know it is TOTAL BS, and quite frankly its about time something was done about it, its not like its the first time, as i said before, the EDL (English defense league) is a direct result of these insults and hate speeches on our streets, and they (EDL) are gaining in numbers at every outburst, hatred just breeds hatred.. and the government for years has aloud it to fester.

Its far more then just this one rant from this 19yo, its been going on for many years, and its just becoming more on our streets, and the public are demanding something be done, especially when it is flat out BS propaganda & lies, i suspect this one case was made example of to stop the growing support for organizations such as the EDL,

If you want to know what is going on on our streets, then watch this below, the people have had enough of this BS...

www.youtube.com...

edit on 14-3-2012 by WarriorOfTheLight because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2012 by WarriorOfTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Are you joking? Trolling?
Soldiers have been court martialed, and it's just propaganda? Really?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

How many British troops have been through a CM for killing civilians, raping or otherwise acting like a bastard in Afghan...

I await your reply...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Afghanistan?
we went there to get AlCIAda and Tim Osman( osama) Who was living in Pakistan. Al CIAda left the Afghan and moved to Iraq then onto Lybia and now Syria. Where next? Well Iran seems a good place for Al CIA da to go to. So what are we doing in the Afghan? I dont know but we are doing a very good job in protecting the opium growers and their crops.
This guy should not be arrested. Hes telling the truth. Inocent Afghans getting murdered and no one seems to care.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
facism UK

we are in for a rough time people as we dont have a bill of rights
watch the number of us who question our government slowly dissapear .

I better watch my criticisms of the US online lest I be extradited and
tortured in gitmo!

Is it morally right that he spoke ill of soldiers doing a job , no
is it right that he was arrested for expressing his opinion No

the fact that they have branded this racially aggrevated is just the PC government
going crazy and all the propaganda eaters crying over one mans opinion
and it is just that an opinion!

since no law was broken there should be no punishment
unless of course some fake law , like an act or a statute has been
fictitiously broken
edit on 14-3-2012 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
All this makes me sad to be British for many reasons...

Firstly, we are allowing RADICALS

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
im happy this jumped up little brat got arrested for spouting racial hatred on social websites.people in the U.K are still very sore regarding radical muslims burning poppies and abusing our soldiers memory on armistice day. nip it in the bud i say cos i know if i went to their country and abused their people i would be punished. these soldiers are doing a job and risking their own lives. in war innocents get killed, bring our soldiers home and let these people wreak havoc amongst themselves.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
It's a double edged knife we are walking
we want him punished for saying things about UK troops doing their job
but this would mean we infringe upon his freedom to express his opinions.

If his opinions cause offense , then it is the people reading them that have taken offense
is it a crime to offend someone ?

Unless he has actually broken a law there is no issue.
hurting someones feelings , is not the the same as phsyically causing harm.
Brusing ones ego is the same as beating them on fifa then bragging about it

I'd expect soldiers to be a bit tougher and know that they should expect flak
for doing the job they do.

If this lad is punished criminally for this , then we can expect more of the same from our
government in the future , first its his opinions , next its ours , then we cant question
our own government on anything as we are offending our politicians and hurting their feelings.

Calumny and vilification

Also known as calumny and vilification, defamation is the expression of an untrue insinuation against a person’s reputation. In the European Convention on Human Rights under Article 10(2), defamation is one of the valid reasons for limiting a person’s freedom of expression. Defamation gives rise to two legal frames that a person can prosecute for: slander and libel. Slander is defamation of a person through a transient form of communication, generally speech. Libel is defamation of a person through a permanent form of communication, mostly the written word. However, defamation is not limited to linguistic forms; visual forms such as photographs, paintings, illustrations, status and bodily gestures can also be regarded as defamatory.

If this lad is seen to have commited slander then sure he should be punished, but he hasnt named names , just a general opinion on UK troops , so it shouldnt be classed as such

How the police have managed to pin this as racial hatred is oustanding , where in his speech did he make reference to any racial profile ? anyone ? im at work and cant see his post on facebook

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Shall we dare to experiment , if I was to go onto facebook tonight
and post the exact same text word for word that that lad posted
would I be arrested

Myself being scottish and from a white background ?

anyone care to take a stab at that
potentially I would also be arrested for expressing such hatred for the UK armed
forces , would I be also charged under racially aggrevated hate speech?

its a #IN joke

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Buddha1098
reply to post by Petest205

Sooo.. Non-Muslim lives are worth more than Muslim ones? Can you explain this logically to me? Can you explain using logic why the deaths of Invading British soldiers are more worthy of attention than Afghan Civilians?

Soilders are trained and bred to kill (full stop).

Maybe the poster is himself British as am I. This would explain (his) logic, talking about his own counrty-men.
And before you fire back at me about my comment, I kinda know what the Afghan Civilians are going through as I was born into a war zone which at the time there were at least 26000 British soilders posted here in Northern Ireland, thats 17000 more than there is in Afghanistan.
Im a Unionist, I believe in the Union, but that didnt stop the British Army, english divisions "The paras", shooting dead both protestants and catholics. Ive seen enough death and [snip] to last me a life time.

Anyways, All Life is precious regardless of colour and religion.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Yes, it was disturbing. But then again, so was the posts made against the young man.
I believe several posts could be labeled inciting violence.

As the posts were in reply to his, no they are not inciting violence. His post itself is inciting racial hatred and violence, which is why he has been arrested.

Don't care what anyone else thinks, you don't live in England and then slag off the English military, especially when a high percentage of families know someone in the military and are worried sick everyday as to whether their son/daughter will be coming home. He only thought he could get away with it because he is Muslim. Well it's good he has been treated the same way as if I made open comments about regarding this subject.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ironsjack

Read my post above , Im not happy our military is in some other country "defending our freedoms or theirs "
spending our tax money on arms and ordnance , which cost innocent civilian lives in the process.

I think its outragous they are there , fair enough I wouldnt have used the same colourful langauge to express my opinions but I still feel they are wrong to be there , and marched on the day to protest it with the millions of others in the UK that day , we still went.

Do you want me to be put in jail, or is it because im white that I can say these things and for it not to be racial hatred. What has his skin colour or ethnic background got to do with his opinion?
Nothing !

It's shameful that we are branding this racial because he is of muslim faith and the colour of his skin

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
There is nothing telling here.... I have been on site after an attack where civilians were killed and disregarded as a nusance to have to step over the bodies. We took casualties as well. But to say it's equally devistating that civilians have died, is nothing but human nature. Carnage is carnage, and to value all life is not extraordinary. I see no problem with his bich. War is not supposed to be clean and tidy, there are supposed to be death and destruction. To recognise that it is equally gruesom is correct thinking. How many of you posting your comments have experianced war? then how can you speak of the events unless you experianced them. To recognise that some of the deaths were needless, and civilian is cognative thing.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Are you joking? Trolling?
Soldiers have been court martialed, and it's just propaganda? Really?

Well you clearly are my friend, i'm telling you the truth, from my personal experience in Afghanistan, and from having actually talked with villagers & the village elders that we are supposedly raping & killing, and also from living in the UK in a city that has a large asian population, and the problems we have regarding extremists preaching hate on our streets, it is a problem, and it is becoming more of a problem every day, because of these ridiculous lies

To say our troops are out there raping and killing/raping civilians is laughable, and i think this maybe where the problem has just escalated, to many people have laughed it of over the years not realizing the conspiracy's lies and hate preaching on our streets are having an effect on these people and if not acted appon will become more frequent as they have done, to say there haven't been a handful of cases of this over the years in Afghanistan yes, id be lying, there have been, and most recently a US soldier went nuts and clipped a few people, that is regrettable, but we shouldn't us this as an excuse to tarr all our troops out there, or to insight hatred or mislead anybody unless of course you are anti west in which case you will disregard facts & the truth and will no doubt jump on it a use it as propaganda to pollute young peoples minds as is the case with this 19 year old,

The truth is, there is no war in Afghanistan, not the way people precise it to be anyway, it is more of a peace keeping mission today where troops will go on patrols and occasionally get fired at once a blue moon, it has been that way for many years now, there are very few firefights or exchanges these days with the Taliban, they simply do not have the numbers or more importantly the fire power, it is a none win heavy loss scenario for them, any time there is/was a contact with the enemy it was always over in minutes, today a few shots will whizz n crackle by your head and you will be lucky to ever locate the firing position, they're simply ghosts and could easy be talking to that person the very next day while entering a village on patrol, the Taliban rarely engage our troops in fire fights today because they always got pinned down by the 50s and then the fast air hit them while they was pinned down, they sustained heavy casualty's and tend to stick to only coming out at night when we move back out of the villages to set up IED's, thats all we do, it is not a war, we simply patrol the villages, and the taliban will move back in while we move out, force there children to take up arms and fight, steal there food and rape women,

Ok so i hope i have clear that up for you to better understand our role, it is mainly to stop the Taliban abusing the villages, because they are not engaging us directly,

95% of the time, the IED's only ever maimed children playing or civilians using the roads, i have not seen or heard of any of this nonsense you speak of going on and i know guys in many different Regts from the army to marines, so it is.. and as we know it is an extremely extremely rare occurrence, our troops should not all be tarred with this brush like the Islamic Extremists love to call our troops, they are out there protecting those people from the Taliban, who are actually doing the raping and killing i'm sure there are plenty of videos about where village elders will tell you exactly what i am,

People under extreme pressures such as troops on tours very rarely do snap, that's not to say its a US/UK Army policy in Afghanistan or acceptable, its a human problem a mental one, a rare mental problem that just happens out of the blue but more often can be spotted way before this person commits such an act and probably many such cases have been prevented in the past, more still could be done to prevent this with mental stability tests during training or looking at recruits criminal records before accepting them for phase 1 training etc, the British army trained longer and harder then nearly all Army training programs, 26 - 32 weeks and only the fittest mentally & physically will pass out the gates, if they don't think you are mentally or physically tough enough, then they can & will just kick you out even if they can't make you quit, the US marines only train 14 weeks, so imho more could be done to prevent these incidents that only damage there's and obviously our reputations, and whats worst is they only go to serve as propaganda when they occur, and like in this case will get feed to these kids such as 19yo Azhar Ahmed , see i did have a point in all this...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

I covered this on page 2 or 3 of the thread, don't use facebook, its the same as going outside and shouting "insert racist comment here"

Expect charges this year when Celtic supporters boo through the remembrance Sunday minute silence as they have done every year in living memory. Expect Rangers fans to be charged and banned from all football matches if they sing the Sash again inside Ibrox or outside in public, expect charges when idiots post their hatefilled idiologies on a public forum such as facebook.

You will not piss on your own countries dead soldiers in public. If you are thick enough to think facebook isnt being watched and also thick enough to make your posts public then you get what you deserve. How many "likes" did this boys post get?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

So you agree with his post then? That our soldiers should all burn in hell?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Can someone explain to me where people are getting racial hatred from. I keep looking at his post and can find no mention of race.

How is insulting or wishing death on soldiers an incitement of racial hatred? Or have i missed something else he said?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by JailTales

An "ethnic minority" posting comments which have incensed the "majority" is inciting racial hatred, it's exactly the same if I posted this vice versa to what's going on in Afghanistan.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Someone please U2U me his facebook page if it has not been deleted

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join