It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Wave of Resignations (Addendum to Main Thread)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I'm sure they're bailing for one of a few reasons, or more likely all of these reasons.

1. Fear of prosecution for various types of fraud.

2. Fear of economic collapse. They just got their bonuses and want their money (retirement funds) safe before tshtf.

3. Fear of violence after tshtf.

That about sums it up I think. Collapse is imminent, but we already knew that. This is further confirmation. Prepare.
edit on 13-3-2012 by colbyforce because: (no reason given)

Edit...

Pretty freakin' hilarious that the stock market is up 217 on this news... Wall St is bizarro world anymore. Maybe it will crash big tomorrow.

www.mworld.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I ask a bank manager at Chase, and he said he was not aware of any of this, which was hard to believe.
They might of been told to keep their mouth shut.

Someone must know some people in banking to spill the beans.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
corruption everywhere you turn. The stock market keeps ticking up like everything is sweet, wth is that all about? are the thiefs buying up stakes in companies? either way, it's incredibly depressing to wake up and realise the truth about everything going on in the world, realising the government of your country, who is supposed to protect you and guide it's people to prosperity, have just been ripping us off, scamming, lying,cheating and endless other things for endless numbers of years. There's a huge amount of people who deserve to be arrested and sent to jail for the rest of their lives, yet they are the ones that are so rich they can do what they want. Our world is so backwards it's just sad

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LordOfArcadia

That masssive spike in resignations at the middle/end of the 4Q in 2011 is something. I think many of the financial and govt. heads are gettting out while they can because this ponzi scheme of debt and printing can't to on for much longer and when it implodes it will take every aspect of our financial system and our govt. with it. No more govt. checks, no more food stamps, hyperinflation etc.. People will go nuts and demand answers and politicians being politicians will attempt to blame it on everyone but them. It will work for some but many it won't and we may see wholesale arrests and detention of many of these individuals in the near future. It's not a false flag, it's just the economy getting ready to implode.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sam_inc

Thanks for posting this Alex Collier interview. I just watched this today, and Alex says the Andromedans say the cabalists are getting rid of 3 levels of the corporate structure. He further states that many of those who are leaving are the good guys being thrown out.

You should prolly listen to this one.
www.youtube.com...

edit on 13-3-2012 by Surferess because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
thanks for the chart! been looking for some visualization to how many were actually resigning and whether it was normal. First time I think I've seen any concrete proof of anything on this site...

S&F

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
They probably all bought land in Paraguay like W so when the SHTF goes down they will celebrate and parada around butnaked playing grab ass like it's bohemian grove... filthy beasts.
edit on 13-3-2012 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Surferess
reply to post by sam_inc

Thanks for posting this Alex Collier interview. I just watched this today, and Alex says the Andromedans say the cabalists are getting rid of 3 levels of the corporate structure. He further states that many of those who are leaving are the good guys being thrown out.

You should prolly listen to this one.
www.youtube.com...

edit on 13-3-2012 by Surferess because: (no reason given)

Ralph is just a good story teller with a great imagination . He only provides entertainment value and not to be taken seriously.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Finally...looks like someone did some nice homework! I was skeptical of the past threads related to this because if you are looking for news, you find news. People resign at companies all the time so it didn't ring any alarms for me. But this...this is interesting and frankly...a bit concerning. I'm not trying to second guess you but if "resign" does appear that many times, than its shocking. I want to know two things though that will really sell this:

1. Is there more data beyond 2008? Can we go back to before 2001? I'm curious to see the curve with the tech bubble back then.

2. Can we also perform this search? I'd like to play with this myself and dig deeper. Where do we go to do such a search?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Well I see an abandon ship response by the top brass. It is important to note also that there may be an increasing number of baby boomers that are of retirement age in the top sector.. This would probably only make up for about half at most of the increase of people retiring. I have to look at all available reasons to clarify things in my mind. OOPs I guess I'm thinking on line again.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apocalyptic
Finally...looks like someone did some nice homework! I was skeptical of the past threads related to this because if you are looking for news, you find news. People resign at companies all the time so it didn't ring any alarms for me. But this...this is interesting and frankly...a bit concerning. I'm not trying to second guess you but if "resign" does appear that many times, than its shocking. I want to know two things though that will really sell this:

1. Is there more data beyond 2008? Can we go back to before 2001? I'm curious to see the curve with the tech bubble back then.

2. Can we also perform this search? I'd like to play with this myself and dig deeper. Where do we go to do such a search?

First and most important, Awesome avatar, he is one of the best Marvel characters.

As for your questions:

1: Yes and no. The SEC has the records but it is not "easy" to do a full text search that is older than 4 years. That is why the chart starts with the second quarter in 2008 and not the first.

2: YES! I hope others confirm my findings. It is always possible I messed something up. Here. is the link to EDGAR. A piece of advice though, if the results are larger than 8000 ( doesn't happen until this year), than it maxes out at 8000+. That is the main reason why I broke it by quarters.

Good hunting!

Edit: My search and the subsequent result not only contained the word "resign" but it also had to contain the word "resignation". I know that sounds pedantic, but if a filing only contained the word "resign" then it wouldn't have appeared in my results, only filings that contained the word "resign" AND "resignation" AND "Item 5.02" would have resulted in a positive hit.
edit on 13-3-2012 by LordOfArcadia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
It's only a matter of time before whatever these people are planning hits home. And when it hits, it's going to hit hard. These people are grabbing money and running for the hills, pardon the vernacular but they 'know what's up,' and are getting out of Dodge.

God help us all.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Ha...thanks...he's my fav. villain. Grossly underrated and under estimated.

Thanks..I'll look into this as well. Should feed this to someone in mainstream news and see if anyone bites. Kind of hard to ignore the numbers and might get some interest.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Ok...not sure if I'm not doing it right but my search is not getting these numbers. I'm searching for "resignation" in 8-k in all SICs and here are my results for the past two years:

Q4 2011 - 4100
Q3 2011 - 3800
Q2 2011 - 4400
Q1 2011 - 5800

Q4 2010 - 4100
Q3 2010 - 4000
Q2 2010 - 4100
Q1 2010 - 4000

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I cant access the full chart. Maybe because I'm on a kindle?
Any way I could trouble you to put the data into text?
I really want to see those numbers.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
The OP :

These are limited to resignations at publicly traded companies based in the United States.

1. We have to take in serious consideration that a big chunk of these people could have left the "bad" companies, that lowered their bonuses, and stepped over to the ones paying more.

Or that huge resignation group made a balanced decision to favor the companies that have a much better survival rating during this crisis, than the ones they were formerly working for, based on their own professional opinion and long time expertise in that segment of the markets.
They surely knew the survival ratings of their competitors, and good old capitalism favors egoism, and certainly not any form of lifelong company loyalty.

Can we possibly find any equally interesting data for new job assignments at those high levels in those quarters? In that same database? That could give us evidence for greedy company hopping.
And show us figures for new assignments at their former positions.
When the resignations balance the new assignments out, there is probably no reason to worry.

2. Also, being able to connect their age to these persons, would narrow down the reasons for resignation.
Does the same database include an age search?
When these were all elderly CEO's or such, entering their pension fund years, then we can abandon any effort to find data for (1.).

edit on 13/3/12 by LaBTop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apocalyptic
Ok...not sure if I'm not doing it right but my search is not getting these numbers. I'm searching for "resignation" in 8-k in all SICs and here are my results for the past two years:

Q4 2011 - 4100
Q3 2011 - 3800
Q2 2011 - 4400
Q1 2011 - 5800

Q4 2010 - 4100
Q3 2010 - 4000
Q2 2010 - 4100
Q1 2010 - 4000

I am about to log off, but you need to remember that the database uses boolean search. So, if you want to get the exact same numbers I did, then you need to search

"Item 5.02" AND resigns AND resignation

just as it appears above. "Item 5.02" needs to be in quotes in order to get that exact result term, also you need to put the AND in all caps for the boolean search.

If you did everything correctly (and I did to) then for Quarter 1 2011 (or January 1, 2011 to March 30, 2011) then you should get "approximately 1600 results".
edit on 13-3-2012 by LordOfArcadia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
That's interesting that the resignations start blowing up October 1st as you stated. Makes me wonder if they waited until the start of the new fiscal year so they wouldn't lose money on a corporate tax return for the FY prior.

Did anyone else notice the closing of the Dow Jones Industrial? It was up 217 points, highest since 2007 (probably mentioned earlier, didn't check). Quite a jump from 5 months ago when the stock markets were crapping themselves. Maybe it's related, maybe it's not.
edit on 13-3-2012 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by LaBTop

I used this link from the OP :
searchwww.sec.gov...

Filled in start date 01/01/2011 and end date 03/31/2011.
All SIC's. All forms.
I got 423 results for boolean search terms : "Item 5.02" AND assigns AND assignation
I got 423 results for boolean search terms : "Item 5.02" AND assign AND assignment.

I got approximately 1700 results for search items : "Item 5.02" AND resigns AND resignation
The terms that the OP used.

Thus, those 423 new assigns equals about 1/4 of the resign results of the OP in the first quarter of 2011.
Which means that the new assigns balanced about 1/4th of the resigns out, which is still a lot of resigns.
People were company hopping? Not conclusive.
Totally fresh ones could have entered the top, which I however doubt. A small amount of newbies will have achieved that, but not a great percentage.

I found a few interesting new search terms :
Item 2.01 Completion of Acquisition or Disposition of Assets. Item 5.02 Departure of Directors or Principal Officers; Election of Directors; Appointment of Principal Officers; Compensatory Arrangements of Certain Officers.

Could the OP use his expertise with this search page to use a few of these new search terms?
Thanks in advance.

edit on 14/3/12 by LaBTop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by LaBTop

"Item 5.02" AND election AND appointment

Filled that in, and chose as period 10/01/2011 to 12/31/2011, All SIC's , All Forms.
Approximately 3000 results.
EDIT: turned off "Use Stemming" and got 3300 results for new elections and appointments. ENDEDIT.

That's 3000 new assignments on Director and Principal Officers levels, in the last quarter of 2011.
It seems to balance half of the 6000 resigns. The rest could be pension takers?

Did the same for the period of 01/01/2012 to 03/14/2012 :
8000+ results.
That's more than 8000 new assignments on Director and Principal Officers levels, in the first quarter of 2012.

Seems to me to balance out the resigns at a much less alarming rate than we thought at first instance.
I'll wait for the input from the OP and other professionals, before jumping to conclusions.

It looks as if a lot of company jumping went on, over the changing of the fiscal year?
Or is there a more hideous reason behind this?

EDIT : You must turn off "Use stemming" in all your Full text search pages, and then surprisingly your boolean search comes back f.ex. with only 51 resignations for the first quarter of 2011 (Jan 1 to March 31, 2011).
And 67 resignations for the fourth quarter of 2011 (Oct 1 to Dec 31, 2011)

See this question 26 from the FAQ page.
www.sec.gov...

My second red edit above surprises me to no end ! 3300 new directors and other professionals?
What the heck?
edit on 14/3/12 by LaBTop because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join