It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake UFO Threads, why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I am starting this thread because as a believer in UFO's and other topics that the Universities and TPTB have decided to ignore, I have become discouraged by the constant fake posts. I am not saying the poster intentually posted them, and I realize that that's our job to debunk them or file them. But, when making fake UFO photos is so easy that anyone can do it, I feel we should raise the bar on what kinds of "evidence" we should post.
Otherwise, this becomes strictly entertainment and not too educational. Which in turn makes it frustrating and undesirable to true knowledge seekers.

Below is a photo of a supposed ufo that another ATS user added a UFO to to show how easy it could be.
I then added the Pillsbury Dough Boy.
I know it is a quick and crappy photoshop attempt, but I wiped it out quickly.

Is this the norm here? As I'm relatively new, I hope that serious investigations are on the horizon...
" target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TimesUp

With the advent of photoshop, anything and everything is questionable, until the original source, from the original device is able to be analysed.

If it was EVER held on a PC..then it could have been manipulated. And if you think the consumer version of Photoshop and other editing software is cool, then imagine what the power players have at their disposal?

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I guess most are on purpose, and the OPs, just like your self are proving a point.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Yeah some people are just super paranoid like 'omg this is a ufo outside im filming 'through' my window' no its a smudge or reflection of light on your window. It always amuses me how many times this gets said, you'd think if the person moved 1 foot to the right or left they'd be all like 'omg the ufo is following me now' no its coz its a damn reflection in the window.

Half of the pics could be debunked if people stepped outside or it takes a matter of seconds if you move your head left and right you can quickly tell if its a reflection of something or if its actually outside, some people must have really bad eyes if they cant tell the difference between a reflection on glass or if something is actually on the other side of the glass...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Get used to it on here. Some people will defend their threads & images they've found / taken to the death on this site.

Video and photo editing has become soo easy these days, it's hard to believe what you see in images. Soo much so that I don't think I could truly acknowledge UFO's unless someone handed me the negatives or RAW files.

There's definitely been some great threads of people posting photos of absolutely nothing recently, and then claiming there's a UFO / Alien / Ghost / Monster etc in it.

Thankfully most posters aren't that naive. You just have to sift through the rubbish.
edit on 12-3-2012 by TrueInstinct because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kaoticf8

People these days have an endless amount of film and plenty of time to have fun with it.
Nothing is real. Even the real thing could and probably would be debunked.
We need a new kind of camera or something.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueInstinct
Get used to it on here. Some people will defend their threads & images they've found / taken to the death on this site.

Video and photo editing has become soo easy these days, it's hard to believe what you see in images. Soo much so that I don't think I could truly acknowledge UFO's unless someone handed me the negatives or RAW files.

There's definitely been some great threads of people posting photos of absolutely nothing recently, and then claiming there's a UFO / Alien / Ghost / Monster etc in it.

Thankfully most posters aren't that naive. You just have to sift through the rubbish.

Maybe the new kind of prof would be through some well documented "live link".
Where hundreds of people would all witness and record "live" footage captured from peoples cell-phones and wifi cameras. (patten pending)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Didn't you know?

Photoshopped images and badly put-together YouTube videos are Law around here on ATS.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TimesUp

Originally posted by TrueInstinct

Maybe the new kind of prof would be through some well documented "live link".
Where hundreds of people would all witness and record "live" footage captured from peoples cell-phones and wifi cameras. (patten pending)

I think if hundreds of people captured a video of the same object on any kind of device that would be certain proof. Editing the same UFO into that many different angles / video qualities would be a mammoth task!

Everything would just be soo much simpler if the governments were more open about what they do know. I think knowing that we're not the only sentient beings would help us as a species, rather than being detrimental.

Unless of course, they do actually know nothing!

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TimesUp

I then added the Pillsbury Dough Boy.

Isn't that the marshmallow man?

HOAX BIN!!!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Fake videos and photos are from two sources: Folks that want to fool others for no reason than pulling a "practical joke" on the public, and those that have a more serious agenda.

This latter type has the job or take it upon themselves to blur the authenticity of any visual evidence that can be the remarkably product of a chance encounters with a genuine UFO. That one aspect is a real danger to the whole denial of UFOs.

The strategy is that if you offer one image or vid that is suspect to some degree, then all offerings that came before and after must be suspect also. Thus, all lose value as legitimate evidence.

As with the ardent debunkers that trip over themselves in a rush to show that an ice particle is the real reason for an apparent UFO in a shuttle vid--and they may be right in 100 per cent of those cases--so this other group works in the opposite manner, to contaminate the field of typical UFO images and vids that surface from earthside sources.

The secretkeepers do not play their hand in the game by simply using a couple of tactics such as primarily denying and genuinely debunking the UFO topic. That is not a big enough playground for them. Just as cops are legally allowed to lie to a suspect to gain what they want from them, so the secretkeepers use their unlimited resources to spoil the data pot at will. Their agenda reaches into every aspect of ufology from fake documents, to lecturers that tell you of their "insider" revelations that alter, blur and distract from the very real situation.

The UFO situation is an enormous problem to the status quo of the world. Ever effort will be done to keep the raw truth of the matter hidden. Those efforts will extent to when we finally are told that ETs are out there and most rigidly even beyond to when we finally are told that the UFOs are, indeed, alien craft in our midst.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
As one of the physical embodiment's of the God Gozer the Gozarian, shouldn't this be in a religious thread?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
As one of the physical embodiment's of the God Gozer the Gozarian, shouldn't this be in a religious thread?

Good point.
But I was ranting, you know...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Dude, this is real, loooooooooookkkkkk

funny thing is humans are more of a threat to themselves then aliens.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TimesUp

I was just joking...
The rant's fine.

new topics

top topics

active topics

join