"2 Men Cooked to death inside a giant oven" This has got to be the worst way to go..

page: 1
5
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Mon, 12 Mar 2012, Austria


TWO men lost their lives after a colleague turned on the giant industrial oven they were cleaning leaving them to cook to death.


I read this today in the local Bus freebie paper, Absolutely shocking story that i cant bear thinking about really, Surely there should have been some sort of safety mechanism (other than the Four safety precautions that were ignored) to prevent such an Obvious thing such as somebody been trapped inside?!


The metalworker who switched on the cooker is receiving counselling after detectives discovered the men had tried to rip insulation off the walls and clawed at the door in a desperate bid to escape.

The horrific accident happened after they ignored safety measures that would have warned colleagues they were still inside.

The furnace — used to heat metal ready for smelting — can reach temperatures of 800C (1,472F).

Somehow its automatic door closed on them and when staff finally realised they were missing their charred and blackened bodies were found lying on the floor inside.

Cops say they had actually finished the cleaning job before returning a second time without telling colleagues.

Officials said they ignored four safety precautions used at the factory owned by the Salzburger Aluminium AG company in Lenz, Austria, to avoid such incidents.


www.thesun.co.uk...

Not much to say really other than jeees..




posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson
 


Well let that be a warning to people that their safety procedures are there for a reason. The poor bloke who turned it on must be the unluckiest person in the world.



posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BigBruddah
 


I know, the guy must be absolutely devastated


But then again it wasn't really his fault as the other 2 guys Ignored the normal safety procedures, still it's gonna fall on the poor guys head.
edit on 12/3/12 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Poor guy who turned the oven on!


He is going to suffer some serious trauma from this event, even though it wasn't his fault, I'm sure he will struggle with that thought for years to come.

Poor cleaning guys too, even though they are FOOLS for not taking safety precautions, they still didn't deserve this awful fate I am sure.

I shall think of all three of them kindly tonight before bed.

Thank you for the post OP.



posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
After I got out of high school I worked at a small local playground equipment company that used powder coating to protectively coat the playground equipment. I worked in the powder coat area, The ovens we used heated up to around 350 degrees, but as a safety feature; the doors had a safety feature that allowed them to be unlocked/opened from the inside. The only way the incident in the article could have happened is if the doors to the oven where purposely blocked from the out side.

This makes me think maybe there is more to this story and maybe it wasn't just an accident.



posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
The 2 unfortunates who died had to consciously bypass the safety protocols.
My two cents worth, they snuck back in to smoke a "university cigarette" and suffered a very unfortunate ending.
Agree with all who pity the guy who switched the oven on...what a thing to have hanging around your neck for the rest of your days.



posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson
 


At least now the bodies have been cremated...sort of




posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Just awful. This happened last year and your thread made me think of this story immediately.

www.care2.com...

www.issues.cc...


Two bakery workers at the Harvestime bakery in Leicester, David Meyers and Ian Erickson died in agony after their boss sent them into a giant oven to make repairs. The supervisors were more worried about productivity rather then the safety of their employees only allowing the ovens to cool for 2 hours rather than the recommended 12 hours.


Corporations are always looking to cut corners at any price. Just be aware. Always look out for number one.



posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet
 


Well that's the first thing that came to my mind, There's a handle on the inside of my old workplace walk in fridge, whomever didn't put one on the inside of a walk in oven needs to seriously consider what business they should be in



posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I'm kinda thinking foul play too. Too many things came together for that to happen like a perfect storm. All from not obeying the precautions to how the hell does the door close by itself. Someone closed it and why after the cleaning was done did both men re enter.



posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Sad...
The same incident happened before...
Almost identical...
different countries


I posted a thread here about it

From reading its two different incidents...

but the cause was the same... The Daily mail is reporting both...

Sad...

I wish "they" would have learned from the story I posted...

the did not...



posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011
 


Thats a disgusting joke, you should be ashamed of yourself.

I don't think there is a worse way to die other than being cooked to death.



posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011
 


NOT funny whatsoever and your disgracing my avatar with such nonsense!



posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by UFO1414
reply to post by Skywatcher2011
 


NOT funny whatsoever and your disgracing my avatar with such nonsense!


You are a copy cat...I made my avatar before you did, so you might as well rekindle yourself.

Btw, I take it no one has watched the tv series "A Thousand Ways to Die"??? They had an episode on this too, where some cleaners got locked in an oven and got cooked to death.

I wouldn't want to be in their shoes either, and it is a brutal way to die. On the other hand, there are worse ways to perish too. Unfortunately, this event could have been prevented if safety precautions were followed.

Gee people, lighten up will you? Don't have to get "heated" up on my sarcastic comment



posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
i worked on a oil rig construction in the early 90s .inside the legs of he rig which it sat on while being made the tempeture was crazy hot enough to cook white meat at 600 foot long men were expected to work inside in a heatwave .good old das not



posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro
 


That is one of the many problems in the world...
Corporations dont care about their workers!
Or their safety



posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric
 


yip bud some of the # things ive done & used as a painter are shocking .asbestos etc



posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet
After I got out of high school I worked at a small local playground equipment company that used powder coating to protectively coat the playground equipment. I worked in the powder coat area, The ovens we used heated up to around 350 degrees, but as a safety feature; the doors had a safety feature that allowed them to be unlocked/opened from the inside. The only way the incident in the article could have happened is if the doors to the oven where purposely blocked from the out side.

This makes me think maybe there is more to this story and maybe it wasn't just an accident.


While I can understand that this is your experience, it's not necessarily going to be the case in Australia. Legislated standards vary from country to country, particularly when it comes to industry regulations. For example, I know in New Zealand (and this is *my* area) treated pine playgrounds are against regulations (because they're treated with arsenic). In Australia, this isn't the case (though this is changing soon).

It's probably a similar story regarding oven doors in Austria.



posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Awen24
 

Ignore.
edit on 13-3-2012 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet
 


Unless the ovens were older and didn't have that safety feature.





top topics
 
5
<<   2 >>

log in

join