It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

£50,000 'gale-proof' loo for uninhabited isle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Are they having a laugh?

50 grand for a bog?

You don't even get any loo paper.. just some sawdust to throw over the business once your done..

And the loo gets cleaned out every two years!!!!!!

Would it not be cheaper for people just to chuck the business over the cliff?

Take a bucket for petes sake... !!!!

With everything that is going on in the world, including the global meltdown potential, some nut job has his, or her, mind set on a 50k toilet.
Can you imagine what 50k would buy you? It woul;d certainly set me up for several years.. ten at least.. if i budgeted wisely.
I cannot imagine why a 50k comfort room is worth the money for many people who spend most of the time sat in a hide freezing their nuts off hoping to catch a glimpse of some birds!!

What is wrong with this picture?

I had a hard enough time wondering where to put this thread.. general news? conspiracies? global meltdown?
Settled for the rant room though...

Perhaps we need a new forum named "General Global Madness", or something along those lines, where we can highlight the general insanity of those who wish to throw caution to the wind..

Bucket = 2.50
Toilet = 50,0000

Pick a winner....

Full story;
www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 12-3-2012 by Extralien because: got so enthralled in typing forgot to add the link to story

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

To be fair, the article also states some 6000 visitors a year go there so the cost spread out is probably not quite as ludicrous as it first sounds. I'm more worried by the fact that it will only be emptied every 2 years.
Poo-eeee!

ETA My bad, I was looking at the picture and saw a tiny little "rock" in the sea.

edit on 12/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

why worry about spreading the cost... just spread the muck.. might get some new flowers growing for the birds to look at..

And can you imagine if they charge 1.00 a time to use the toilet.. Imagine being on the island for four days and not having any change out of 20.00... or haven a 2.00 coing when you need a 1.00 !!!

Doesn't bear thinking about..

Might just be far simpler and cheaper to bare your bot to the wind and hope you don't get a sudden gust..

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

6000 bowel movements a year covering the surface of a tiny islet or surrounding coastal area (well, they might float but still) could be quite off-putting to local wildlife, fishermen and well...euw!

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

I don't think size is the issue here

seeing as;

is about 763 acres (309 hectares) in size.

I'm sure it would not take too long to start up a proper eco system that stablizies and could become quite valuable real estate

for a farmer

new topics

top topics

join