It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

islam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
i am studying the Qur'an.
i am a westerner that studied many 'faiths' but the muslim faith if islam is looking pretty good! it is a beautiful outlook on the world and a view on 'god'
any muslims out there for an opinion?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I have a copy of the quran and many scriptures from other religions and must admit its all bologna.I'm sorry to say that I must compel the whole idea

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
quran probably says some good things, along with a lot of messed up stuff. not much different than the bible.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

i am a westerner that studied many 'faiths' but the muslim faith if islam is looking pretty good! it is a beautiful outlook on the world and a view on 'god'
any muslims out there for an opinion?

What questions do you have on the Koran? I'll be glad to share what I know.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

A very good translation into english is
"The message of the Quran" - by Muhammad Asad

Muhammad Asad (autobiography -The Road to Mecca) born Leopold Wiess, Jewish, Journalist.
He travelled the ME, became a muslim, helped establish Pakistan.

His commentary and explanation's give a deeper insight into the arabic meanings behind the language.

Out of all the book (Tanach/New Testament/Quran), I found it making the most sense with the least contradiction. Glad i read and researched islam before i almost converted to judaism.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

my translation is by abdulla yusif ali,and declares it is the best tanslation. my arabic is non existant! (i'm canadian/scottish!)
im just studying,not converting. just like learning about religion!
peace be upon you

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

well my friend i thank you for your kind offer!(i will friend you if you don't mind!)
i'm just 'dipping my toe' in the waters as it were!
i study religion,and i enjoy the tranquility of this faith. (its not about terrorism that the west want you to believe)
any way,i will ask you questions as they arise! i'm not trying to convert,just learn!
peace be upon you!

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
go on thedeenshow.com i'ts helpful. be open-minded

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I myself am inclined to believe that the Quran is the most beautiful book that has ever graced this world. The few, shall I say, daunting quotes aren't necessarily applied to this day and age, but it can be; especially now, where sinful acts are being looked at in a positive light, where War is being taken place almost on a daily basis, if not daily. One must note that the Quran was revealed at the time when most of what it mentions was in abundance. Also, as a side note, the term 'Slave' which is used thoroughly in the Quran does not have the same meaning that society today frowns upon; Being a Slave of Allah is an honor, it positively correlates with 'Servant'.
edit on 19-3-2012 by XxForgottenLegendxX because: Fixing the code.

new topics

top topics

join