It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America bashing.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I am so tired of people complaining about the USA.

It's bad enough when it come from Euorpean citizens or Canadians. For Americans to constantly bitch and moan and ridicule the government it's embarrassing.

It isn't perfect but it's the best damn thing going.

Americans if this country is so horrible then get out you are free to leave.

As for the rest of you...in typical American fashion I say kiss my ass!

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Dude...I love our country but our government is an evil corrupt warmongering monster.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
That song is so cheesy that it is hard to listen to, not to mention its nationalistic propaganda.

Plus the lyrics are not even true.. Any citizen can be dissapeared for being labeled a terrorist, imprisoned indefinitely and then killed at the presidents will... all legally.

I'm pretty sure 99%of members do not hate the USA on here. They hate its foreign policy and it being controlled by international banks/corporations.

edit on 11-3-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Any citizen can be dissapeared
reply to post by RealSpoke

That only happens here in America? Do you know of anybody that happened to?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by stewiegriffin

Well, historically it tends to only happen in dictatorships and other oppressive forms of governments. And no, I don't know that it has happened to anyone. But if it did, they wouldn't have to legally tell you, you would just become a "missing person".

"Typical American fashion I say kiss my ass"

??????

Speak for yourself. You're an embarrassment to all Americans with that statement.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

They aren't complaining the USA they are complaining about the government.

It's bad enough when it come from European citizens or Canadians. For Americans to constantly bitch and moan and ridicule the government it's embarrassing.

Then tell the government to stop doing things that are making people complain. Don't you think the government should listen to the citizens?

Not according to this man and I would bet he knows more about the government than you do.

Why should the freedom lovers leave? They are the ones holding true to the vision the founders had for this country. You are more than welcome to take your destroy the economy of the country while getting it's people killed in senseless wars form of government elsewhere also.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

You are a moron.

Everyone talks about the government picking up citizens and holding them indefinitely.
Do you think this is a new policy? It isn't it's just more widely publicized.

Do a little research and read about what happened to the Japanese in America during WWII.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Um yeah, I think 99% of all Americans know about Japanese internment camps. But you see I used the NDAA because its actually happening today, not WWII history. Sorry for staying up to date. Did I say the USA oppressive government is anything new?

Nope

Stop assuming.

Yeahhhhhhhhhh it's a party in the USA

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I imagine certain folks used your exact comments at other turning points in history.

1776: "If you don't like living under British control, then leave."

1865: "If you don't agree with slavery, move north."

1939: "If you don't like the Nazi party, blah blah blah"

1960: "if you don't want integration, blah blah blah"

The point is, when you see a problem, running away is not going to fix that problem. Instead, we need to work together to make our views heard and restore our country. That will never happen if everyone just leaves.

I would suggest it takes more love for your country to stay and fight for what's right than to run away.

edit on 11-3-2012 by smyleegrl because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Well Good Morning OP,

I, as an American citizen, have nowhere else to go. It is funny to me that it pisses you off more when the citizens of your great country spout off about America is more infuriating to you than when foreigners do. I bet I can guess why. Maybe just maybe, it's a tougher argument to win when the opposition's perspective shares the same views within the same borders.

You know what pisses me off? When I am told that if I don't like the way things are done here in the Good Ole US of A, then I can get out. I would love to get out out...BUT my great country and their stupid ass leaders have destroyed just about every other country out there. The global geography is tainted with the corruption and politics of America. The American soldier's footprints are in the sands of almost evry country on this planet.

Maybe it is you that should get out and see the world...see what we (the great nation) has done to assist in destroying this planet. I am ex-military as is most of my family...we all share this same sentiment. It is not surprising to me that your response to the resistance of the American tyranical platform is to say, "get out". Gee that sounds familiar...it seems that the USA has a habit of going places that they don't belong and telling people that if they don't like the rule...well, then "get out"...or die (in some cases).

Sir, I respectfully request that if you don't like the way things are being done here...then you get out...because there are now more of us than you. The tables are turning it is time for a change.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MightyQuincunx

I stated this country isn't perfect and I am all for change.

People who protest or start petitions or run for office to change something they
perceive as being wrong are the greatest citizens in this country.

I was in the military also, 19d (armoured cavalry), I don't see how military service is relevant.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
God, I don't know how many times some patriot has decided too many people are giving out about the US of A.

Standing behind some flag is just what they want you to do. They are encouraging this now in many countries. They want their public to get behind their flag and their country.

They want us to see whichever way our country operates to be the right way and everyone else is wrong. We will never make any progress as long as they keep this up.

We are all humans. One Species. We are all brothers and sisters. Why don't people get that. Take the blinkers off.

There is a reason for the bashing. I am sure there will be plenty more after another bloody instrument of the the US army went off on one and shot a load of innocent civilians , mostly kids. Yea I know it was proabably a breakdown but what was he even doing in that country with a gun. He is a killing machine that the US is responsible for creating and lost control off. People will not put up with it much longer.

Forget about the patriotic BS. Its pure propaganda by those in control and you have fallen for it.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

You have your opinion (which by the way is wrong).

Why do you see only America as being the aggressor?

Didn't Iraq invade Kuwait?

Didn't the U.S.S.R. invade Afghanistan?

Didn't Germany invade.......Europe? It's not only the U.S. who is aggressive.

What do you support a one world government? Would you get behind that flag?

edit on 11-3-2012 by stewiegriffin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Get use to it. As long as your country continues to play the world police people will have valid criticism to offer.

For Americans to constantly bitch and moan and ridicule the government it's embarrassing.

If your fellow countrymen are complaining, it usually means something's wrong.

no it isn't.

It's not easy as you think due to the oppression your government systematically imposes.

As for the rest of you...in typical American fashion I say kiss my ass!

Right back at you (from Canada)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I don't think Canadians would have such big balls if it wasn't for the U.S. and England.

Just kidding we love you Canada.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
OP is a troll

or a horrible brainwashed baby boomer

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Wow, and here I was thinking our Navy still used canoes.

Our new fleet looks pretty impressive according to the picture you shared.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Isn't that funny.

I saw it on some other post and just about died laughing!

Honestly Canada has it made. Nobody is going to mess with you guys.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I'm just patriotic.

Troll? no maybe so what once again it's a free country and a free website. You don't have to read my thread or posts.

I'm only 26.
edit on 11-3-2012 by stewiegriffin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Yes, it's quite harious. The Canadian military is an easy victims on the comedy circuit, and rightfully so in some instances. Our soldiers do a good job but our military budget isn't as large as other nations.

And just so you know, I complain about my country all the time, and I have lived In your country as well. I had some great times in the U.S. and met a lot of good people. Regrettably both our nations have been going through a major change for the worse and personally I'm not going to ignore my perception of what's happening.

Peace.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join