It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron paul wins virgin islands popular vote !

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
The count's bizarre, as the daily KOS article said. Not sure what's up with that.

However, it's a caucus and not a primary and (as people are starting to become aware) there's a critical difference in the two.
edit on 11-3-2012 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Forgive my ignorance as a Brit observing this rather complicated process from across the pond but could someone help clarify a few points?

As far as we (in the UK) are led to believe the process goes as such: Popular votes are cast and delegates are distributed based on the proportional percentage each receives (however I believe you still have a few states that do a "Winner Takes All" scenario).

Going off most sites i've seen, Mitt Romney and Rick Santorum are storming with the delegate count so how is it that Ron Paul can be leading? I'm sure there is some simple logic i'm missing here but I just can't see it.

I admire Ron Paul, he seems the only genuinly electable candidate out of the lot of them.

(Ps - I aplogise if this has been covered in other topics before)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dance4Life
reply to post by mwood

lol.. you are behind my friend

check out what ron paul did in the county conventions in Minnesota, Iowa and Nevada today.

WE ARE LITERALLY WINNING THIS THING.

Ron Paul SWEPT THE CLARK COUNTY CONVENTION TODAY. (Biggest county in Nevada!@)

link

So please tell me what I am missing.......

According to the delegate count Romney has 454 to Dr. Paul's 47.

Delegate count

How is Paul winning this?

I am not the smartest person around but I know numbers........

Please enlighten me as to what I am missing or not understanding.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
This is how Paul may well be winning:

edit on 11-3-2012 by Vilkata because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Vilkata

Great video explanation...

Go Ron Paul!

If he wins, it will really be as big as when Reagan won.

How come the Canucks have a better handle on our election politics than us?

edit on 11-3-2012 by kawika because: add text

edit on 11-3-2012 by kawika because: corectolated spel'n err

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Its kinda funny and maybe a little sad watching the Ron Paul followers on this site.

The guy has been put in place for the sole purpose of keeping people like you happy. Some more of that good old fashioned false hope.

He will never achieve or be allowed achieve anything.

He is merely there to keep those that might speak out a bit more quiet (if he was not there).

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

Your a fool, Ron Paul has brought to the attention of the american people many things the Establishment didn't want us to know.

If they "put" Ron Paul in office then the game they are playing is a three tower chess game while I thought it was still tic tac toe.

We know the GOP will never nominate him.

Newt, Santorum, Romney are all Establishment picks and all swear any Republican would be better than obama, yet they are staying in just to divide the vote.

If it were just Romney and Paul... who would've won the states,

Gingrich knows he wont win.. however thats not his goal is it.

I will vote for Ron Paul because I refuse to vote for the lesser of two evils, I refuse to allow the Establishment to pick my canidate. I refuse to vote for someone who wont support the constitution, I refuse to vote for someone who thinks war is ok.

Maybe voting for paul will get obama re-elected... I don't think the Republicans care if it happens because I dont believe there is a difference between the two parties anymore but a name to divide americans. However whether it is Obama or Romney.... the american public will not ever notice a change in government policies.

The definition of Insanity is to do the same thing over and over and expecting different results......

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
So after doing some investigating it looks like this is how the VI stands currently.

After VOTING WAS COMPLETE somehow 1 uncommitted person ( CIA most likely ) was able to say that he was now going for Romney apparently and then this gives Romney like 25 more votes ( this is how they do it in VI ) and then he wins Virgin Islands...

So Ron Paul STILL WINS the popular vote - Now Mitt Romney wins delegates.

Of course they are calling this a victory for Romney. It is funny though, they haven't called a victory in Maine, Iowa or Nevada for Ron Paul EVEN THOUGH IT LOOKS LIKE HE WILL WIN THE DELEGATE BATTLE IN THOSE STATES MOST LIKELY.

Hats off to the GOP and MSM on this one. Well played.

edit on 11-3-2012 by Dance4Life because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vilkata
This is how Paul may well be winning:

OMG!!! This video game me goosebumps all over my body and nearly brought me to tears! Go Ron Paul!

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwood

reply to post by mwood

lol.. you are behind my friend

check out what ron paul did in the county conventions in Minnesota, Iowa and Nevada today.

WE ARE LITERALLY WINNING THIS THING.

Ron Paul SWEPT THE CLARK COUNTY CONVENTION TODAY. (Biggest county in Nevada!@)

link

So please tell me what I am missing.......

According to the delegate count Romney has 454 to Dr. Paul's 47.

Delegate count

How is Paul winning this?

I am not the smartest person around but I know numbers........

Please enlighten me as to what I am missing or not understanding.

This is how. Please read.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
It looks like other media outlets are picking up on this fiasco. Business Insider at least has some balls to report the truth.

Ron Paul Just Won A Caucus But The Media Is Telling You Mitt Romney Did

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
Its kinda funny and maybe a little sad watching the Ron Paul followers on this site.

The guy has been put in place for the sole purpose of keeping people like you happy. Some more of that good old fashioned false hope.

He will never achieve or be allowed achieve anything.

He is merely there to keep those that might speak out a bit more quiet (if he was not there).

then how did he achieve 12 terms in congress? Did tptb somehow make a mistake and accidentally allow him to achieve 12 years as a congressman and head of the financial service committee and lead an intellectual revolution to directly challenge the establishment while impressing lobbyists over how stone cold set he was on following the constitution while also getting a historic audit of the federal reserve? Wake up from your boxed in little reality.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
After Ron Paul walked away from The Virgin Islands, they were then known as just The Islands.

+1 for a boss

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

So after doing some investigating it looks like this is how the VI stands currently.

After VOTING WAS COMPLETE somehow 1 uncommitted person ( CIA most likely ) was able to say that he was now going for Romney apparently and then this gives Romney like 25 more votes ( this is how they do it in VI ) and then he wins Virgin Islands...

So Ron Paul STILL WINS the popular vote - Now Mitt Romney wins delegates.

Actually... no. I did a bit of further research.

People are voting for DELEGATES. So, a lot of people came out to support Ron Paul delegates, but only one of them had a huge majority of votes. The other five had much smaller numbers of people voting for them. Romney's delegates all had more people voting for them.

So, here's what it looked like (IMAGINARY EXAMPLE -- I DON'T HAVE THE ACTUAL NUMBERS)

Romney Delegate 1 -- 20 votes
Romney delegate 2 --15 votes
Romney delegate 3 -- 20 votes
Romney delegate 4 -- 15 votes
Romney delegate 5 -- 20 votes
Romney delegate 6 -- 2 votes

Paul Delegate 1 -- 100 votes
Paul delegate 2 -- 3 votes
Paul delegate 3 -- 4 votes
Paul delegate 4 -- 2 votes
Paul delegate 5 -- 9 votes
Paul delegate 6 -- 11 votes

They pick the top 6 vote getters, which is the lone Paul delegate who got almost all the Ron Paul votes and the Romney delegates who got more than the rest of the Ron Paul delegates.

This is not a new system. This is the way it's been done for years. I have no idea why -- but that's the way the Republican party set it up in the first place.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lord Jules
then how did he achieve 12 terms in congress?

Texas is heavily Republican and in most elections he ran unopposed.

head of the financial service committee

Subcommittee, actually. Not the committee.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Is Ron Paul going to bring back internet poker? If so, I'll vote for him.
edit on 10-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

In a way, yes. He is for states rights and so he would allow any state who passed a law allowing internet poker to play internet poker. So, you should vote for him.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

This has been in the past considered "The secret Vote" held after the regular voters went to the Primaries, they felt that they had done their job of following whomever the msm steered them to, but the real vote happens behind locked and closed doors where the delegates make the decision of who the actual candidate is going to be.

THIS is the age of TRANSPARENCY.

AT RISK:

"Continuity of the same old control systems"
"The renewal of the 100 year contract with THE FED"

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
So Paul is as good as nominated, elected and Congress will then approve all his dreams? Dream on!
edit on 11-3-2012 by oghamxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Is Ron Paul going to bring back internet poker? If so, I'll vote for him.
edit on 10-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

Yes, he believes you should be able to do whatever you want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join