It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran is Next!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Well looks like Iran is about to put themself in harms way but this time I dont think it will just be GW Bush pushing the issue. I think the UN will possibly agree to stop this action.

Read Today's story

www.turkishpress.com...

Just my thoughts.

[edit on 22-9-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justmytype
I think the UN will possibly agree to stop this action.

I doubt it, the UN is too scared to do anything now'er days

A war of UN vs Iran would cause big problems within the global Muslim community, it will look like the Muslim extremists were right and the west is waging a war against Islam. There won't be war, it would cause too many problems

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The UN oil for food program scam is days away from front page news.

Kofi and his family are chin deep in the theft of billions of dollars from this program and Ill bet he is looking to spin international news away from this story by pushing the Iran story, just UN smoke and mirrors.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Bush will probably address this issue if he gets reelected. Starting trouble with another country a little over a month before elections cannot be in his best interest.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Since the U.S. is accuseing Iran of helping the insurrgents in Iraq, this will probably pave the way for a U.S. invasion of Iran later on. Don't you think?
By Iran "helping" the "terrorists" does'nt that give Bush reason?

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
[size=+2]Its all a big JOKE ....what reason is it that the UN not go after North Korea

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1
The UN oil for food program scam is days away from front page news.

Kofi and his family are chin deep in the theft of billions of dollars from this program and Ill bet he is looking to spin international news away from this story by pushing the Iran story, just UN smoke and mirrors.

Sources for this claim ?

The UN, of late, can only levy soft diplomacy, or sanctions against Iran -- unless the US vetoed them, though i doubt that would ever occur -- and cannot cause a war. It's the US who can give a hard dimplomatic knee jerk, though, i'm not sure who the world would react if the US did declare (though not an actual constitutional war) against Iran.

Deep

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Well if iran cotinues it nuke program, which according to the news today they are in the process of.

Then dear old George W Bush will have them on his hit list if he manages to get himself relected by fair means or foul, then next year bush will go to the Un and ask for permisson to invade as they are defying the UN.

Whether it will be a good idea to invade iran, that's anthor question, my personal opinon is that would cause world war three as the muslim world would go nuts over the US invading anthor Muslim country.

We know that iran is on the axis of evil list and therefore bush with or without the UN backing he would happily go in to iran,

but what would happen if iran decides that a pre emptive strike is best, israel has already said it would attack iran if they get nukes. so iran decides it's back into a corner and lauches against israel and irsael would lauch back and there the planet

This would be the worst thing that could happen to the world, as you can't fight a war on three fronts, agfanistan,iraq, then iran. Why not just hand OBL and co even more proaganda to recuirt men & woman to their cause as the Great satan is trying to wipe out the muslim faith

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
links

Possible Saddam-Al Qaeda Link Seen in U.N. Oil-for-Food Program
www.foxnews.com...

Oil-for-Food Scandal Draws Scrutiny to U.N.
www.foxnews.com...

Raw Data: Delve Deeper Into Oil-for-Food
www.foxnews.com...

Fast Facts: United Nations
www.foxnews.com...

Saddam's List of Preferred Companies
www.foxnews.com...

Iraqi Oil-for-Food Official Killed
www.foxnews.com...

Volcker Confident About Oil-for-Food Probe
www.foxnews.com...

Iraqis: U.S. Officials Stalling 'Oil-for-Food' Probe
www.foxnews.com...

U.N. Audit Found Early 'Oil-for-Food' Problems
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Well looks like Iran is about to put themself in harms way but this time I dont think it will just be GW Bush pushing the issue. I think the UN will possibly agree to stop this action.
Don't think so.

...a year or two back in time, USA (former?) president George W. Bush hinted that Iran was one of his imaginary 'Axis of Evil' countries. Without proof and without provocation.

Iran logical answer was, to not get caught like Irak did, to achieve nuclear capability, and granting that this time, the preemptive strike would be theirs. So they putted all they effort to gain nuclear capability.

Putting it simple: the one thing Iran is being accused for is the one thing Iran did to avoid being attacked by xenophobic Bush policies.

That would be "Bush war", revisited. Not UN war.

BTW: I couldn't care less about the result of the USA elections, but I would vote for Bush if I could. Having an inept president ruling the major superpower nation and taking it to bankrupticity could only work for the best for the rest of us.

[edit on 2004-9-21 by MakodFilu]

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I couldn't care less about the result of the USA elections, but I would vote for Bush if I could. Having an inept president ruling the major superpower nation and taking it to bankrupticity could only work for the best for the rest of us.

Well the UN might possibly back down . President Bush possibly might stand back off this issue until he is re-elected. But your good old friends in Israel will most likey take the ball and run with this one. Oh yeah on the other hand I think if you could vote.. Vote for a tree hugger like "Kerry" because good Old Bush is not afraid to take or do what he wants or are you that ignorant. Give it time, if he positions eveything correctly and removes all the obstacles, who honestly do you think will control the resources.

Just an American Citzens thought!

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 02:40 AM
link   

...But your good old friends in Israel will most likey take the ball and run with this

...good Old Bush is not afraid to take or do what he wants or are you that ignorant.

...who honestly do you think will control the resources. Just an American Citzens thought!
If you can't answer with facts, just avoid squizoid inventions of yours that only work to show you are unable to make refutations.

Squizoid inventions like 'you must have friends on Israel' or 'you are ignorant' or the surrealist 'an American Citizen will control the resources' just put you in an even worst position to be taken seriously. Please, stop saying non-sense and showing your incompetence to find real facts to counter. The difference between your post and mine is that I made no supossition or told about inventions. I told about facts.

P.S.: by an American, I suppose you were talking about a Canadian, or maybe a Mexican, or a Brazilian. Maybe an Argentinian. All are from America Continent, and being so, Americans. But it keeps making absolutely non-sense on your part.

P.P.S.: yeah, you can bet I'm joking in that P.S. ...or maybe not.

[edit on 2004-9-22 by MakodFilu]

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Iran switched its national reserve currency over to Euros, just like Iraq. Of course they're next.

US will have a fun time playing in Persia, though. Hope they learned some lessons from Iraq.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Switching your national currency is not a crime.

...it wasn't when they did to dollars.

...but I agree: better hope the lessons about Iraq got learnt.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by MakodFilu
Switching your national currency is not a crime.

You'd think not.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 03:17 AM
link   
...and I stand still to be corrected.

Any country has the sovereign right to choose whatever currency they like.

The only crime I could think off is Greeks switching from Dracmas to Euros and thus ending the story of the oldest currency that was still in use.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1
fox news

Fox news the highly respected 'news' source

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

thanks for cheering me uo

[edit on 22-9-2004 by arnold_vosloo]

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 05:56 AM
link   
The US doesant have enough troops to keep Iraq going and invade Iran... it's all logistics. If there is an invasion.. it will probably be rush planned (like Iraq) and with thge minimal amount of ground forces. Then you will have two former totalitarian regimes full to the teeth with terrorists and with little control over the means of coercion... next door to each other.. in the middle east... uhh uhhh uhhhh

surely once bitten twice not soo stoopid...

Q

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qoelet
The US doesant have enough troops to keep Iraq going and invade Iran... it's all logistics. If there is an invasion.. it will probably be rush planned (like Iraq) and with thge minimal amount of ground forces. Then you will have two former totalitarian regimes full to the teeth with terrorists and with little control over the means of coercion... next door to each other.. in the middle east... uhh uhhh uhhhh

surely once bitten twice not soo stoopid...

Q

Don't underestimate our own human stupidity.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu

Don't underestimate our own human stupidity.

pearls of non-wisdom... but so true! God...
Im moving to cambodia... its nice there... right?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join