It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel launches deadly air strikes on Gaza: Let's try Kony!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I am utterly appalled at this disproportionate use of weaponry by Israel on the people of Gaza, yet again.

To cut a long story short, it goes like this:

Two mortar shells were fired from Gaza into Israel, injuring nobody. Two hours later, Israel launches an air-strike on Gaza which kills at least 10 Palestinians (including, according to BBC News, a senior Palestinian militant).

Why do we, the vast majority of people on this Earth, continue to tolerate the actions of the lunatic state of Israel? Well, I've got a plan:

Instead of following this ridiculous Kony thing (which is clearly a Problem, Reaction, Solution set-up to send American troops into Africa, thereby inhibiting Chinese expansion into the region), why don't we do a 'Kony style' Israel 2012 campaign? Let's make Israel famous and highlight the horrifying war crimes which are committed in that region on a daily basis!

News quotes now follow:

BBC: At first the news article says that dozens of rockets were fired into Israel:

Israeli air strikes on Gaza have killed at least 10 Palestinians including a senior Palestinian militant leader.

Zohair al-Qaisi, secretary general of the Popular Resistance Committees (PRC), was attacked because he was planning an attack, the Israelis said.

Another militant was killed with him. The Islamist Hamas movement which runs Gaza said at least eight more died in later Israeli air strikes.

The Israeli military said dozens of rockets were fired into Israel.

A spokeswoman said the rocket attacks had injured at least four people, one seriously. Some of the rockets had been intercepted by Israel's "Iron Dome" anti-missile system, she added.

The rockets were apparently fired in retaliation for the killing of the PRC leaders.

And then, Kevin Connolly (BBC Middle East correspondent), says this:

There is nothing new in Israel's use of its air power to target a Palestinian commander in Gaza.

Zohair al-Qaisi only took over as head of the Popular Resistance Committees when his predecessor in the role died in the same manner last August. And he had already survived an unexplained explosion at his family home in Gaza earlier this year in which at least one person died.

This latest air strike may have been a direct response to the firing of two mortar shells from Gaza into Israel a few hours earlier.

A monotonous, but informative video now follows:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by chemistry

Agreed, there are a lot of topics that need a kony style viral approach. Wonder how this will play out though? Hopefully it won't cause anymore deaths.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I don't see the problem? Gaza fired two mortars with the intent to kill. Israel retaliates...

If someone shot at you and missed...wouldn't you shoot back?

I've read your two most recent threads and they seem to be missing logic...

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by chemistry

How do you feel about the two mortar shells and the people who launched them?

If I launched a missile at your house and missed, would you fight back or ignore it taking a chance the next one would kill your family?

I anxiously await your reply.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Gaza is the biggest concentration camp on Earth, and I don't blame Hamas for firing mortars into Israel.

The daily oppression of the Palestiian people is sickening, and completely justifies the Palestinians attempt to fight back, with whatever puny weapons they have.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Let's be real, the mortars are what we call "bottle rockets", probably fired by a father and his son.

Haha.. Bad situations all around.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
AH i thought i was hearing about this enough on youtube. The palestinians. I found out a funny thing about them one time. Yasser arafat. Rember him? Well after israel kicked Egypts ass he decided to go to israel. When he got there he claimed to be Palestinian and started the PLO. No one questioned him about it there because he conspired with local leaders there to fight israel. Then he and his organization made sure to indoctrinate all the young people there who by now have grown up,and are brainwashed from over 20 yrs of indoctrination giving the palestinian authority a endless supply of fodder to use against Israel. If they really wanted peace they would expel hamas. Since hamas is still there i suppose they like being bombed and herded into refugee camps. Which israel might just go in and exterminate one day like daleks if they get pissed enough. Its a bad situation all around with both sides using each countrys people.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by chemistry
Instead of following this ridiculous Kony thing (which is clearly a Problem, Reaction, Solution set-up to send American troops into Africa, thereby inhibiting Chinese expansion into the region), why don't we do a 'Kony style' Israel 2012 campaign?

Kony 2012 is a con that you have not fell for and bravo for that.....But your falling for this made up con of a 'Palestinian Israeli conflict' that began after WW2 with an ultimate goal which like Kony is clearly a to use your words "clearly a Problem, Reaction, Solution set-up" a set up your falling for.

Both sides are EQUALLY as bad, it's the Black suits and ties who are the evil Puppet Masters pulling these strings and it's both peoples Palestinian and Israeli who are falling victim to the Propaganda and brainwashing being received by there Black suits and ties down the wire. They know most in the world will pick 1 side, THIS conflict between these 2 groups will trigger WW3....

Don't be a party to WW3, be neutral for the people and remember it's the Black suits and ties we must stand up against not the brainwashed masses of these cowards who send boys and girls, sons and daughters to fight the wars they cowardly start and sit back in safety while those they send die. The suits are the disease not the brainwashed masses....

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hudson88
I don't see the problem? Gaza fired two mortars with the intent to kill. Israel retaliates...

If someone shot at you and missed...wouldn't you shoot back?

were you keeping them in a big cage?

do you give them their food, water, and cut them off from the outside world,
simply because of where they lived and what they believed?

then you're suprised when someone slips him a gun and he decides to shoot at you hoping he might hit something valuable, ending his time in the cage.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Your profile picture is accurate with your views.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hudson88
reply to post by yourmaker

Your profile picture is accurate with your views.

your argument holds about the same intellect as a bowl of fruit.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by chemistry
Instead of following this ridiculous Kony thing (which is clearly a Problem, Reaction, Solution set-up to send American troops into Africa, thereby inhibiting Chinese expansion into the region), why don't we do a 'Kony style' Israel 2012 campaign? Let's make Israel famous and highlight the horrifying war crimes which are committed in that region on a daily basis!

Well, you are going to need an individual bogeyman to support the campaign.

top topics

join