It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: 21/9 Police hunt man who threatens President

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Police in New York are searching for a man who has threatened to kill President Bush. Bush is currently in New York City to speak before the UN.

abclocal.go.com
Breaking news concerning President Bush's visit to New York. Eyewitness News is told that there has been a credible threat against the president Monday.

Eyewitness News' political reporter Dave Evans says the first sign of something going on came when security around the president's visit set for Monday night got even tighter than usual.

He says authorities are looking for a 55-year-old man named Lawrence Ward in connection with the reported threat.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

New York Daily News
Lawrence Ward, 59, left his upstate New York home Wednesday with a .30-30 lever-action hunting rifle in the trunk of his car, telling a neighbor, "I'm not coming back."

Inside his house in Bainbridge was a picture of Bush with the words "Dead Man" spray-painted near it, law enforcement authorities said.

The Secret Service deemed Ward, a software engineer, such a "credible threat" that a three-square-block chunk of midtown was cordoned off.

Secret Service agents and city cops patrolled the area looking for anything suspicious.

Ward's ex-wife, Judith Ward, 59, who lives in Connecticut, told the Secret Service she thinks her former husband "is very dangerous and capable of killing someone and/or committing suicide."

Interestingly this was stated in a thread about the October Surprise;

Originally posted by syntaxer
I think we'll see an assination attempt on George W Bush's life during the month of October.

The result will be a bullet to the shoulder of Bush followed by his mission to never give up on the war on terrosim, then he'll continue further by stating not even an assasination attempt can stop his heroic fight to save the world.

A sniper assisination attempt is really the easiest thing to fake, even if the bullet to the shoulder part is real.

Are these stories someone laying the ground work for something? Would GWB being shot and surviving rally the country around him and get him re-elected? I think people's views of GWB would soften were he to survive a snipers bullet.

[edit on 9/21/2004 by phreak_of_nature]

[edit on 28-9-2004 by Nerdling]

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The man, Lawerence Ward went missing from his Bainbridge, NY home on September 9th, shortly before the Presidents speech to the United Nations in New York City. The hunt is still on for this man.

www.washingtontimes.com
U.S. law enforcement officials have been unable to locate an upstate New York man wanted for questioning regarding threats to President Bush.

Lawrence Ward, 49, left his Bainbridge home in central New York on Sept. 9. A photo of Mr. Bush along with the written words "Dead Man" were found in his house.

Mr. Ward has emptied his bank accounts and canceled his credit cards, said national security officials close to the case. Those actions were seen as measures to prevent authorities from tracking or finding Mr. Ward, said officials who spoke on condition of anonymity.

The Secret Service has issued a nationwide alert for information on Mr. Ward, who left his house with a hunting rifle and told a neighbor he was leaving and would not return, officials said.

It is believed the man has serious mental problems based on statements he has made in the past glorifying Oklahoma bomber Timothy McVeigh. The man has also been described as suicidal.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Well now we have our very own American terrorist in our mist trying to get to the president, I wonder how many others are out there with the same agenda.

And what can bring a human being into a point of desperation as to try to attempt the impossible.

Perhaps he may be in his own mission from god, some people with mental disorders believe that god is telling them what to do.

Sad very sad.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
STOP HIM!!!!!

The last thing we need is Cheney for President!!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Tesla that is the most funny post I have seen I think I am going to pay for the software is so cute.

Now esdad71 I didn't we have another looney in the run.

top topics

join