It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Threat against President Bush in NY..man still loose????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
abclocal.go.com...

Eyewitness News' political reporter Dave Evans says the first sign of something going on came when security around the president's visit set for Monday night got even tighter than usual.

He says authorities are looking for a 55-year-old man named Lawrence Ward in connection with the reported threat.

Anyone have any other information on this?

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I lost my post
when this much more developed thread was closed:Assassination? The stage is set.. Perhaps these two should be merged?

Anyway...so here it is again is in a nutshell...

I also suspect a setup. I have no doubt that this guy could be a real threat. I also assume that this would be a threat of the highest priority for the SECRET Service. Can�t they keep a secret?

Then I remembered that the washington times and the UPI are owned by the moonies � source. If this is the original source for the story (it appears to be) then in my mind it is suspect, not for the reality of the threat, but for the fact that it was made public as a sympathy ploy.

The moonies are joined at the hip to the current administration and they have some media power.

Watch as the coverage of the debates is reduced or lost in the face of a wave of coverage on this story.

Are we in for wall-to-wall coverage of a national man-hunt during the �debates news cycle�?

Will there be a wave of patriotism for this threat to the pResident garnering fear and apprehension in people who "drink the kool-aid�? And how about those of us who don't and fear a takeover?

Karl Rove strikes again.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Youa re one of the smartest people I have ever read typing. OK .. Now that that is said .. Peace ..

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I just don't believe this 55 year old man is going to assassinate the President. If he does, he will probably be a patsy. Besides, the government has the tools to find these people. Don't they?

[edit on 28-9-2004 by mrmulder]

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Then I remembered that the washington times and the UPI are owned by the moonies � source. If this is the original source for the story (it appears to be) then in my mind it is suspect, not for the reality of the threat, but for the fact that it was made public as a sympathy ploy

I didn't know that about the Moonies, thanks

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
if this is true then he will be saving lives of thousends of people

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
if this is true then he will be saving lives of thousends of people

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by madhatter
I didn't know that about the Moonies, thanks

No problem!

Anybody who does not know who the moonies are should look into them. I mean the leader Sun Myung Moon has declared:

In March 2004, Moon convened an extarordinary ceremony in the Dirksen Senate Office Building, ostensibly as an awards eceremony for 'peace ambassadors' in front of several dozens members of Congress and over two hundred other guests. In a speech after the awards were presented Moon pronounced "I am God's ambassador, sent to earth with His full authority. I am sent to accomplish His command to save the world's six billion people, restoring them to Heaven with the original goodness in which they were created."

"The five great saints and many other leaders in the spirit world, including even Communist leaders such as Marx and Lenin, who committed all manner of barbarity and murders on earth, and dictators such as Hitler and Stalin, have found strength in my teachings, mended their ways and been reborn as new persons. Emperors, kings and presidents who enjoyed opulence and power on earth, and even journalists who had worldwide fame, have now placed themselves at the forefront of the column of the true love revolution," he said.

"They have declared to all Heaven and Earth that Reverend Sun Myung Moon is none other than humanity's Savior, Messiah, Returning Lord and True Parent. This resolution has been announced on every corner of the globe," he said.
- source

Moon's extraordinary announcement that he was the humanity's saviour went unreported, other than in the Washington Times. In June Salon writer, John Gorenfield, reported the event and that some members of Congress claimed that they did not know the "Moonie nature of the group or that they did not know the event would evolve into a messianic coronation".

The Reagan and Bush administrations have close ties to his organisation with Bush Senior and Barbara receiving between $1-10 million for speaking at moonie events in Japan, Argentina and the US. They have also been VERY politically active with the Republican party.

What can you say about an organisation with a leader who proclaims himself a messiah?

They're a bunch of nutjobs IMHO!

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I think the Democrats should look into this angle more!!

My 70 yr old mother thinks this is the breaker of the election for Kerry!!!

It seems like everytime it is brought up and the word, "Moonies" comes up it becomes a joke and overlooked!

Stranger things have happened!!!

top topics

join