It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 Things The Bible Forbids Other Than Homosexuality

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by Annee

You're calling me ignorant, but you're ignorant of what the scripture says.

I DO NOT care what the scripture says.

There is ZERO real factual history of "mythical biblical Jesus".

Yes, I understand that. You made your point clear a couple pages ago. I chose not to respond then because that's not what this thread is about. Then you started cherry picking scriptures again. If you don't care, why do you incessantly bring it up?

I've been very patient in this thread, but from what I can tell Annee, you're critical, close-minded, biased and judgmental. You're prose is completely confounding, yea, that over-hyphenated, fragmented garbage you call rebuttals.

I "cherry picked" scripture? Really? Please show me where I "cherry picked" scripture. I don't use scripture.

OH LOL
- - I'm critical, close-minded, biased and judgmental. "Shakes Head
"

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
OH LOL
- - I'm critical, close-minded, biased and judgmental. "Shakes Head
"

Yep, apparently if you do not allow religion to invade your own life - you are!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

reply to post by Garfee

You were not born gay.

Some people are born with a sexual attraction towards the same sex.

I just thought you ought to read your own words in case you don't know what a contradiction is.

I thought you may have missed this and would still like the opportunity to respond.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I was thinking about making a thread on exactly what "cherry picking" means...

Apparently if you disagree with something in scripture, you're automatically labeled a cherry picker by religionists... when in fact "cherry picking" is taking a verse out of the bible and giving an alternative meaning then what the context of the verse is suggesting when read with the rest of that chapter.

You can litterally justify anything if you read scripture on a verse by verse basis...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
pparently if you disagree with something in scripture, you're automatically labeled a cherry picker by religionists... when in fact "cherry picking" is taking a verse out of the bible and giving an alternative meaning then what the context of the verse is suggesting when read with the rest of that chapter.

You can litterally justify anything if you read scripture on a verse by verse basis...

For sure. If the bible was so clear - - why is there 3000+ different Christian sects - - in the US alone.

The bible - - - - who wrote it - why they wrote it - true meaning - - etc - - - is continuously debated - even today.

There was definitely a real factual historical Jesus. He was a political dissident who was sentenced to death. Which is why I clearly separate them as: "Factual Historical Jesus" and "Mythical Biblical Jesus".

Historical Jesus may have been just in his actions against the government. But can you imagine someone going into the White House today and tossing furniture around because they didn't agree with the government. He committed a criminal act against the government. If you're going to be a leader - - you have to make sure you live to lead others. Not get yourself put to death.

I use the comparison/analogy of Johnny Appleseed. There really was a Johnny Appleseed - - his name is John Chapman.

But Fact and Myth . . . very different. Would have been even crazier if you mixed in politics.

And then there's George Custer. An arrogant know-it-all who caused the death of hundreds of men - - including himself. His glorified myth is an insult IMO.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Clearly the reason why there is a seperation between church and state... It seems everytime the two regimes get together, people die...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

edit on 14-3-2012 by CaptainNemo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Bummer for religious folk....

Their God condems them for having a ham sandwich?

Thats just tragic..

No bacon

If that doesn't convince people to become atheists I really don't know what else to say

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
No bacon

If that doesn't convince people to become atheists I really don't know what else to say

I don't promote atheism...à chacun son goût. I simply question the wisdom of betting the farm on bronze-age folk tales with a history of human interference.
That and the habit of some to judge those who don't wanna take that bet.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

First, I find it terribly sad you got stars for that stupidity.
Second, I feel sad for you for passing judgement on any non-christian poster to this thread. "Let me guess", you have no knowledge of Islam outside of FoxNews or the sort. "Let me guess", you're yet another judgemental christian.
Third, I care for Islam as much as I do Christianity. They're both nonsense.
Fourth, Islam isn't 2,000 years old. "Let me guess", you're another uninformed christian.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

God doesn't exist. Thus "he" is no ones creator. That "book" is just a book. Written by men. Ancient stupid men. Nothing more.
I'll defend sodomy. I love a good blowjob, not going to lie. Oral sex is fantastic. Anal sex... well, some like it, some don't. If you don't, don't do it. Sodomy sodomy sodomy. Oh, wonderful sodomy.

I know, I know, I'm going to hell.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Oooohhh... I see. So the "pill" is a gateway sin.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: WhoKnows100

you have to be the most moronic person i have ever met, the world HAS progressed and you need to accept it, if the world was as it was when religion had a stronghold over it we would still be living in the dark ages barbarically killing those around us, using various torture methods the likes of which most of us are glad would never see the light of day today.

My child, who does not see violence, has nearly the same reaction if he pops downstairs during one of my husband's tv shows like NCIS

well im not surprised, you shelter them from such things then ofcourse the first time they see it they will be shocked, and in all fairness most kids shouldnt need to, but then when an accident happens and they are around they are shellshocked by what they see, thats life, but to me it seems you truely dont grasp human nature at all or simply dont want to because you fear it, and ONE man heard gods voice, and since then billions of believers have used it to judge others, hell even americas ex president used god as why he was there...... then sent his army to slaughter millions of innocent people....... thanks religion.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join