It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Filmmaker James Cameron dives the real Abyss.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
Why do I have a bad feeling about this?

I got the same feeling.

He might run into something 10 times the size of the sub down there that could tear that thing apart or worse, keep him down there so he can't get back.

It's not like there are subs that can just go get him on call.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
That trench will be his tomb. I forsee no sequel to "Avatar" and i'm not talking about the Last Airbender.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

That was the first thing I said too, that he's going to be ending up like the crocodile hunter. Something tells me he's not coming back. If he does, I'll be surprised. Crazy on his part. If he doesn't I'll be sad. His movies are great.
edit on 9-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
He wants to bring up fish UNDER PRESSURE? I'm impressed. That would be wonderful, really!

Hopefully he won't attract the Kraken or something like that right before he himself goes down..
Unspeakable Vault

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I'll be surprised if the fish survive the trip. They are that deep for a reason. If he does, I don't think the fish will have that long of a life span because he'll be taking them out of their environment that helps them survive. Like he's not going to know what kind of food these creatures eat. I think he should leave the fish alone and let them be free rather than capturing them as his own personal pet.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
If this sub is designed to hold up under these extreme pressures what could really be down there that could penetrate it. Nothing at all, i believe it will all go smooth wish him luck guys not doom and gloom. If he dies at least it wasnt from smoking crack with all of his riches like some stars.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ed1320

Well.... it is designed to withstand THAT pressure. Now add just a little bit more, like by tentacles, or giant claws

How much additional strength will be planned for the compartment?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
The deepest parts of the oceans are just the stuff of nightmares. Blanketed in eternal darkness and crawling with some of the scariest, most frightening, most poisonous and biggest creatures on the planet.

Cameron is nuts, I hope everything goes well for him, and I hope he gets inspired to make another movie similar to The Abyss, but more horrory,
. I'm pretty sure the aliens from Ridley Scott's "Alien", and later Cameron's "Aliens" was inspired by the creatures of the real abyss. Just take one look at some of the creepies down there.
edit on 9-3-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Wow, that takes some true GUTS! I don't care how well built the submarine is, he is traveling into a place where NOBODY has ever been. And by himself, none the less. I hope it goes well and he returns with eye-popping discoveries for the world to see. I have wondered my whole life what might reside down there. Time to find out!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Who knows, maybe he'll actually get to see a USO/UFO

I think that's what they call it.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
I'll be surprised if the fish survive the trip. They are that deep for a reason. If he does, I don't think the fish will have that long of a life span because he'll be taking them out of their environment that helps them survive. Like he's not going to know what kind of food these creatures eat. I think he should leave the fish alone and let them be free rather than capturing them as his own personal pet.

So "something" tells you the trip will end up with him dying and you'll be surprised if the fish survive the trip, and this is based on what logic or background? "Something" tells me the scientists and James Cameron have a pretty decent idea what's going on.

We don't really know the life span anyway. I think as long as the food has protein and the creatures have a stomach they'll be okay.

Well if you feel that way, not sure if you have any "personal pets"...
edit on 9-3-2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I'm not an expert but this looks it's going down the same hole as the Crocodile Hunter. And he should leave the fish alone. Are the fish kidnapping him? Picture would do fine. Video will do fine. Why interrupt a fish's colony and take their parent away or child away?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
I'm not an expert but this looks it's going down the same hole as the Crocodile Hunter. And he should leave the fish alone. Are the fish kidnapping him? Picture would do fine. Video will do fine. Why interrupt a fish's colony and take their parent away or child away?

Maybe they have oil....

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

"The fifth angel sounded his trumpet, and I saw a star that had fallen from the sky to the earth. The star was given the key to the shaft of the Abyss." And out of the the Abyss arises the Destroyer -

The Deepsea Challenger... Aliens... Titanic (titans)... The Abyss...The Ghosts of the Deep... Aliens of the Abyss... Terminator... Terminator: judgement Day... Terminator: Salvation... Avatar...

Right for all to see, but few do

20th Century Fox film studio promoted Avatar and described it by saying: “Avatar takes us to a spectacular new world beyond our imagination, where a reluctant hero embarks on a journey of redemption, discovery and unexpected love as he leads a heroic battle to save a civilization.” trailers.apple.com...

James Cameron has no shame in telling the world - openly and publically - exactly what's coming and who they are committing to bringing into this dark world. Hint : Their "reluctant hero" is NOT CHRIST JESUS, the True "King". It's their "king of the world."

And that's why this entire event is an occult ritual, and the blind will think "how fantastic" "what an accomplishment" and "how nice this STAR went down to the ABYSS" to bring us back some "aliens", who will be nothing more than demonic spirits sold to the masses as "extraterrestrial". Wake up and seek the Light.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Forged in Steel. Cameron will be sitting in this steel sphere which is part of the craft. It looks sturdy to me:
Looks like a potential coffin to me.....

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Cameron's a master of self-promotion....Titanic was a remake and unwatchable, but made a boatload of money; Aliens and Robocop 2 and Aliens are hardly examples of world-class film-making; and besides being a ripoff of Ferngully (and others), Avatar is being sued by several folks who claim Cameron ripped them off--not to mention the "white man saves helpless blue people from other mean white people" issues...

This deep sea exhibition is interesting, but Cameron is a clown.

How about sending some real scientists down there?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Wow, a lot of negative Nancey's on ATS.

I think this is amazing. Here we have someone using their wealth and or fame to explore and learn.
To bad there are not more people like him.

I'm very interested to find out what he sees and discovers.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I agree. He might not be one of the smartest, but at least he's using money for exploration.
to him. I love the weird creatures of the deep so far and can't wait to see what else is discovered.

I still haven''t seen Avatar, but definitely going to buy BR in the near future.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Because it is the unknown!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100

"The fifth angel sounded his trumpet, and I saw a star that had fallen from the sky to the earth. The star was given the key to the shaft of the Abyss." And out of the the Abyss arises the Destroyer -

The Deepsea Challenger... Aliens... Titanic (titans)... The Abyss...The Ghosts of the Deep... Aliens of the Abyss... Terminator... Terminator: judgement Day... Terminator: Salvation... Avatar...

Right for all to see, but few do

20th Century Fox film studio promoted Avatar and described it by saying: “Avatar takes us to a spectacular new world beyond our imagination, where a reluctant hero embarks on a journey of redemption, discovery and unexpected love as he leads a heroic battle to save a civilization.” trailers.apple.com...

James Cameron has no shame in telling the world - openly and publically - exactly what's coming and who they are committing to bringing into this dark world. Hint : Their "reluctant hero" is NOT CHRIST JESUS, the True "King". It's their "king of the world."

And that's why this entire event is an occult ritual, and the blind will think "how fantastic" "what an accomplishment" and "how nice this STAR went down to the ABYSS" to bring us back some "aliens", who will be nothing more than demonic spirits sold to the masses as "extraterrestrial". Wake up and seek the Light.

What will you say if none of this happens?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join