It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush Limbaugh defending Joseph Kony. Now we know why there is soo much downplay of the KONY movemen

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Yep
Rush Limbaugh has decided Kony is a fantastic guy...a wonderful christian

Have you ever heard of Lord's Resistance Army, Dawn? How about you, Brian? Snerdley, have you? You never heard of Lord's Resistance Army? Well, proves my contention, most Americans have never heard of it, and here we are at war with them. Lord's Resistance Army are Christians. It means God. I was only kidding. Lord's Resistance Army are Christians. They are fighting the Muslims in Sudan. And Obama has sent troops, United States troops to remove them from the battlefield, which means kill them. That's what the lingo means, "to help regional forces remove from the battlefield," meaning capture or kill.

Yes...the LRA is a wonderful christian army. Onward christian soldier and all that (go forth and steal/rape children and teach them to murder their parents..you know..christian stuff)

Lord's Resistance Army objectives. I have them here. "To remove dictatorship and stop the oppression of our people." Now, again Lord's Resistance Army is who Obama sent troops to help nations wipe out. The objectives of the Lord's Resistance Army, what they're trying to accomplish with their military action in these countries is the following: "To remove dictatorship and stop the oppression of our people; to fight for the immediate restoration of the competitive multiparty democracy in Uganda; to see an end to gross violation of human rights and dignity of Ugandans; to ensure the restoration of peace and security in Uganda, to ensure unity, sovereignty, and economic prosperity beneficial to all Ugandans, and to bring to an end the repressive policy of deliberate marginalization of groups of people who may not agree with the LRA ideology." Those are the objectives of the group that we are fighting, or who are being fought and we are joining in the effort to remove them from the battlefield.

Source

You will find that he doesn't speak much about the actual reality of it..making the audience even more braindead (somehow).

Yep, somehow Rush Limbaugh is attempting to align conservative republican values with a single mans desire to rape and murder innocents, children, etc. without their understanding. Luckily the google machine still works for those of us not stuck in a cave.

Joseph Kony is the chairman and commander-in-chief of the Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA), a rebel group which has been carrying out an insurgency against the Government of Uganda and the Ugandan Army since 1987. The LRA has been directing attacks against both the authorities and against civilian populations. It is alleged that in 2002 Joseph Kony ordered LRA forces to begin a campaign of attacks against civilians in Uganda. The LRA has since engaged in a cycle of violence and established a pattern of “brutalization of civilians” by acts including murder, abduction, sexual enslavement, mutilation, as well as mass burnings of houses and the looting of camp settlements.

Source

And now you know why soo many "omg, the kony 2012 movement is a fake" threads are out. the rushheads on ATS are attempting to destroy facts in order to allow their (evil?) agenda of merging the conservative value system with bloody tyrants..so long as they are christians.

Why else would they be doing it? ATS is all about the deny ignorance push...so why would some people, on orders from the misogynist, come here to try and destroy a fairly easily researchable understanding of the warlord?

Discuss and enjoy.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
wow, Rush is on a gooood one. I am not surprised by this at all. Is he seriously still on the pharmaceuticals, or did his masseuse just quit? What a loony, LRA is as Christian as the KKK.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
So whatever Rush says is true is now absolutely false?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Driving downtown I saw a news scroll saying the Kony video got 2 million views. When it is advertised on the side of a building that is a good indication it is fake. Not exactly a bathroom wall.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarlboroRedCowgirl
LRA is as Christian as the KKK.

Whom incidentally are also christian
If Rush wants to push this as a fight of christians, then he is seriously destroying the whole christian movement frankly.
So..ok...its a christian army..lets see what christian armys do.
-checks offical reports from the hague-

e-gad...they are like 10 times worse than muslim hoards...

Ya, keep pushing that Rushbo...I see no backlash

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
And now you know why soo many "omg, the kony 2012 movement is a fake" threads are out. the rushheads on ATS are attempting to destroy facts in order to allow their (evil?) agenda of merging the conservative value system with bloody tyrants..so long as they are christians.

Why else would they be doing it? ATS is all about the deny ignorance push...so why would some people, on orders from the misogynist, come here to try and destroy a fairly easily researchable understanding of the warlord?

You give Rush Limbaugh way too much credit. There are numerous topics on this website that are factually inaccurate but people still defend them tooth and nail. Rush is just Rush trying to make a buck.

Judging by most of the responses on Rush bashing posts, there aren't many Rush followers that come to this site anyways. I only listen to him purely for entertainment value.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baldryck

Judging by most of the responses on Rush bashing posts, there aren't many Rush followers that come to this site anyways. I only listen to him purely for entertainment value.

I listen to..well, nobody, I dont have a job where I can listen to talk radio all day (and still not old enough to fully enjoy endless political chatting). I do watch the general news, and maddow for my partisan fun though.

So, I am generally unaware of what rush is talking about on a day to day basis unless it gets hyped up.

The day the slut and prostitute thread broke here, I seen some fairly odd comments in there.
one poster said "ok, but we want to see the video tapes"
another poster said she was having soo much sex she couldn't afford the pills and should not have as much sex

it was only later on that I realized this was directly from the words of rush to the posts of ATS.
so yes, rush liimbaugh's every word is eventually posted on here as a serious and pretend original thought.

Problem is, Rush is catagorically an idiot..which means his words on here with other people assigning it as their thought simply drags down ATS to little more than sewerbowl thinking...at least if your going to quote the guy word for word, check to make sure he isn't being an idiot (such as him not understanding 1 birth control pill convers you for the day no matter how many sexual partners you have).

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
So, I read just the quoted part and then read what you had to say and have no clue how you came to your conclusion. It would help me better if I had the transcript, or the entire show he was talking on.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Rush is no idiot; he knows EXACTLY what he's doing. He is the head gate keeper for the establishment right in the fake media war of manufactured "right vs. left" main stream debate in the United States.

His defense of the LRA is simply to get Christians in the US riled up over Islam, knowing full well the majority of them don't even know who Kony is and won't take the time to research the LRA, and blame it all on Obama.

edit on 8-3-2012 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I just dont understand why they need these amounts of donations when they already said that they've built schools, houses and created work already. The way the movie was going, to me and what it was trying to imply, was that the only solution to capture Kony would be military intervention, the film maker offered no other solution - Not even an explanation of where the donations are going.

Im all for this cause, I shared this movie and will be going to any kind of rally in my town to support the cause - But i will not be parting with that amount of cash when they haven't told me what its going towards.

I also find it odd that they say we have until the end of this year only.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Has anyone seen this 2006 interview with Joseph Kony?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
I just dont understand why they need these amounts of donations when they already said that they've built schools, houses and created work already. The way the movie was going, to me and what it was trying to imply, was that the only solution to capture Kony would be military intervention, the film maker offered no other solution - Not even an explanation of where the donations are going.

Im all for this cause, I shared this movie and will be going to any kind of rally in my town to support the cause - But i will not be parting with that amount of cash when they haven't told me what its going towards.

I don't know how I feel about the donation/organization thing
I do feel the alerting of polticians and a worldwide focus on taking down not just this monster, but all monsters in time is a good thing.
I won't send a buck, but I will raise awareness to the politicians to push for a swift UN resolution to this...and if that fails, then hell, send in a team to take em out..(nothing a quick bombing run can't fix)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Sod it, lets bring back the Spanish Inquisition

Nobody will be expecting that.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK

That in itself did get me a bit curious also
But I think I understand after considering it.

People tend to react better when its a limited time...people like to be activists..but not for any length of time.
So saying act now, offer is up at the end of the year gives people a subconscious feeling of emergency, and so will do as they are doing.

Pretty interesting and innovative marketing.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I think we can all agree that Rush says some bat-poop crazy stuff... But the KONY 2012 crap has problems as well. I don't want to speak for others but, for me at least, THIS article hits on many of the issues I have with the K2012 movement. I think distrust of the ICC and their motives also plays into it ( US opposition to ICC jurisdiction).
edit on 8/3/12 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Sounds like a conspiracy theory, the 'rush crowd' is conspiring to take down the kony movement. I think the kony movement does that well enough on their own. "Let's campaign for Kony but campaign to make people think he's evil." Great plan,where can I buy my Kony 2012 yard sign? And when someone asks if that candidate is a republican I can explain how it's literary irony and I am raising awareness of how much I hate him by advertising his name. If they look confused I'll say its cool Tim Tebow endorses it.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 35Foxtrot

The Kony 2012 thing was over the top sensationalism to get attention to this issue.
No doubt, and it was well done...but no matter how inaccurate it is, if you believe it word for word, you are all about the stopping of this dude
If you do the proper research, you still come out ready to stop this dude.

Like saying "my god, this serial killer killed 2000 people in cold blood"
and then finding out it wasn't 2000, but rather only 1000

its still a serial killer that needs to be stopped in essence.

I don't know much about the kony 2012 movement (beyond the viral video)..but the video is gaining awareness to the issue..and that tends to push action and policy..especially when the US does it (other nations will try to swoop in and beat us to the punch for the glory)..either way, one monster under someones bed gets taken care of.

I find the social significance of this to be quite interesting. If because of the movement, this man does die..did we just reinvent a high tech lynch mob?
edit on 8-3-2012 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Mega Dittos to you sir!! An excellent thread. I missed that show. How does that clown stay on the air. I listen just to hear him put his foot into his mouth. Which he seems to do every single show that I listen to.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Sure. Kony is an evil f*ck. But, if you believe the article I linked to (and the basic fact checking on it that I did does support their claims), he is not the real problem and wasting time and money on this guy wastes resources that would more effectively be applied elswhere in Uganda, Sudan... hell, most of Africa is a violent cess pool. Kony is on the decline and has been since 2006. Take care of the real issues in Uganda (like what caused a man like Joey Kony to get any power in the first place) and the surrounding areas; and JoKo will self combust.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by 35Foxtrot

Sure. Kony is an evil f*ck. But, if you believe the article I linked to (and the basic fact checking on it that I did does support their claims), he is not the real problem and wasting time and money on this guy wastes resources that would more effectively be applied elswhere in Uganda, Sudan... hell, most of Africa is a violent cess pool. Kony is on the decline and has been since 2006. Take care of the real issues in Uganda (like what caused a man like Joey Kony to get any power in the first place) and the surrounding areas; and JoKo will self combust.

Guns and an inept military force would be my guess.
I see Kony as a symbol moreso. Like taking down OBL when he was pretty much in control of maybe a wife or two..the hit is not on a person and their personal strength, but the symbol it represents.

The only reason I am all for taking him out verses say, Bosco Ntaganda, is that Kony is currently in the public consciousness, and therefore a symbol verses just a guy nobody knows about.

It is about the message sent to others (like Bosco) and may start a whole new way of prioritizing a cleanup of the world.
Finally, hey..its better this trend than Lady Gaga's meat dress..if Kony is taken out, then the millions of western tweens may have hope that politically they can make a difference and their little effort can amount to the world changing ever so slightly for the better.

symbols and movements is what is going on here. and should it be stomped out with nothing much to come of it all, it will have a reverse effect on the public as a whole, that nothing can get better no matter how much is done...because politics comes before what is right.
edit on 8-3-2012 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join