It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This scares the bejeezus out of me

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
What scares you? Thought it might be a fun discussion.

Myself, I hate/loathe/fear spiders. They're like some alien species or something. There's just something wrong about having eight legs.

One time I found a HUGE spider in the house. Normally when this happens I scream for my husband. Unfortunately, he wasn't there. So I had to handle it myself.

I got the bright idea to sic my cat on the thing. Cats are predators, right? Apparently my cat was as big of a coward as me: he wouldn't go near the thing.

So I stepped on it. Hard.

And it squealed. I kid you not. It squealed! I didn't know spiders could make noises.

My biggest fear is having anything near my eyes. I absolutely freak when it happens. I can't use eye drops or wear contacts. It's so bad they have to sedate me to get me to the eye doctor.

So, ATS, what scares you?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Two things scare me to know end.

1: Driving down/up a hill. OR Being stuck on a hill (At a red light) I start hyper ventilating. .and eventually throw up. (Not kidding)
2: Jello. :: shutters:::.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
spiders (black widows/brown recluse are my worst fears!)
heights
zombie apocalypse
owing money (which I don't owe much..but still)

In that order.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Noises that go bump in the night scare me. I know there are usually rational explanations but whenever it happens at home, I cower and hide under the covers. My home is a really old house so you never know sometimes what a noise could mean..

I hate that whenever I'll be falling asleep at night some nights I'll randomly either feel a fall or see something randomly flying at me in that half and half state and then I jump "awake" and look around like "wtf?!?! D: " .

I'm afraid of heights. I can't stand them. You try to get me to go on a roller coaster or anything without my permission first and I'll take off one of your arms or even one of mine trying to tug free of you. I seriously hyperventillate and other things whenever I know I have to do something that's high up in the air.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Not Knowing:
To be kept in the dark concerning anything that affects my future.
Indeed it not only frightens me not knowing but it also angers me after the fact when I learn I have been
deceived.
DH

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Really large flying insects. For some reason, they always seem to fly straight at me. And i dont mean like bees, im talking about large flying roaches/beatles, huge f'n moths, and nasty things like that.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Making God any angrier than I already have...

That's it...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Britx

Yes!

I am freaked even more at the thought of being in a manual shift car on a steep hill at a red light! I do not drive manual for this very reason!

Yes.....I killed a tarantula once......I did multiple things to kill it......finally the only thing that killed it was me bashing it 3 times with a garden shovel.

Normally I'd never kill any creature, in this case I had an infant at the time and the thought of my 10 month old playing patty cake with this thing freaked me out to no end!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
This thread sounds like a great way for TPTB to get information on what scares various ATS members... I wonder what they could such information for??? How useful would it be to know what scares someone? Perhaps it could be used as a way to frighten some information out of them? or to coerce them to do something? hmmm...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britx

Two things scare me to know end.

1: Driving down/up a hill. OR Being stuck on a hill (At a red light) I start hyper ventilating. .and eventually throw up. (Not kidding)
2: Jello. :: shutters:::.

1. seriously? i love being on hills on things with wheels!
2. you mean shudders? shutters are the things on your windows

im scared of spiders and those centipedes with 10000000's of legs. ulgh, had to kill one the other day. freaked my $hit out

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
This:

I absolutely hate, HATE, HATE centipedes.

Why do you need so many legs for? Leave me alone!!!!! *****runs away screaming****

edit on 8-3-2012 by Casandra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
My grandparents lived in a house with an awesome basement. It was so big we could ride bikes down there. A great place to play with the cousins.

The only problem with the basement was the light. It was near the bottom of the stairs and had a chain you pulled to turn it on. So you had to go down several steps in near-total darkness, then reach up to pull the chain

I hated that. I always imagined I would reach for the chain and feel something....else.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

You're trying to add new fears to everyone's list, aren't 'ya?

I'm going to make an addition: I'm also afraid of those house centipede things. They're not like normal centipedes, they're loads creepier and worse. That and if you try to kill one, it like... Falls apart easily.. Its legs just.. Detatach and.... Ugh.... -Shivers- Just no, no more.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Casandra
This:

I absolutely hate, HATE, HATE centipedes.

Why do you need so many legs for? Leave me alone!!!!! *****runs away screaming****

edit on 8-3-2012 by Casandra because: (no reason given)

This. Bottom Left. It's looking right at you. I absolutely cannot stand them. House centipedes totally freak me out. And they are SO fast. The others, don't bug me. But bottom left...

And I love spiders. They are the only thing I let stay in my house. Anything else I get rid of nice and gently.
edit on 8-3-2012 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I got another one, and this one is pretty... irrational.

I always feared having an itch (in my head, while in bed, from turning around and the hair tickling my forehead) and someone or something scratching me

That would freak me out! It's stupid, I know, but really... if something scratched you in the dark, and you were completely alone, wouldn't you freak out? And maybe hear something breathing next to your head

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Hmmm, what scares me?

Being the passenger in a car that's about to crash, or be crashed into, with nothing to do but wait to be crushed to death. I've been in a few accidents, no fatalities thankfully, but that thought, and nightmare, is a reoccurring one for me. Lately, probably because of winter, it's black ice, slipping on the highway, sliding out of control into oncoming traffic, usually a tractor trailer. It's the few moments after you realize what is about to happen that terrify me.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Only two things besides aliens scare me..

one is I am terrified of the dark... I have some crystals with lights in them I use as night lights (crystals are spose to keep aliens away too..read it somewhere) never slept in a dark room.

two is a love one getting hurt, my heart races and I feel sick, A distant family member actually died at a funeral over heart break, guess it got passed down to me.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by UFO1414

And I love spiders. They are the only thing I let stay in my house. Anything else I get rid of.

I let spiders stay too. But I get rid of anything that has long antennae. The other day I saw something in my bed that I thought was a cockroach and I was panicking really bad, felt like crying. I wanted to scream and bolt out of the room.

As I got closer, I realized it was a beetle. "Ah, no problem, I'll take care you little guy", I said and put him in a jar and took him outside so he could continue his journey.

I laughed later at how differently I reacted once I realized it was not a cockroach

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
What scares me most? GIRLS. They scare the hell out of me.

XD

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

One night, about 2:00 am, I was nursing my son in the living room. Suddenly a huge thing started towards me. I just KNEW it was a spider.

I screamed. Loudly. My husband panicked and, in his haste to see what was wrong, tripped into our dresser and bruised himself terribly.

Turned out it was a camel cricket. Those things freak me out, too.

He's never let me live this down...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join