It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This scares the bejeezus out of me

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Casandra

Oh Lord,

Looking at this post just reminded me of when I lived in Cambridge MA. I rented an apartment in a small apartment building there which the communal hall was infested with whatever the hell the picture on the bottom left is. They are insanely fast and hard to catch, but worse than that they preferred to come out when it was dark. So you would open the front door to the hall, turn on the lights, and the walls would start sprinting! Im not typically scared of bugs but those ones and spider crickets are pretty gross. Anything that can jump four feet in the air or outrun a blow with a rolled up magazine kinda tweaks me out.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
1. someone breaking into my house when i'm home alone
2. cancer
3. dirty bathrooms

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Ummm...my mom!

She always has scared the crap out of me!

Wait until she finds out I am on her computer while she is at work...all hell is going to break loose!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Mine has always been driving on the side of a moutain with no gaurd rails. I know its not rational, but I'm always afraid of a blowout and boom. Right off the side of the hill. By the time we get off a road like that there is always finger marks on the steering wheel. lol

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
On a more serious note, I'm terrified of house fire.

When our heat went out a couple of winters ago, my husband set up some portable heaters to warm the house until the heat could be fixed. I knew it was safe, I could see there was an adequate space around the heater, but it still terrified me. So much, in fact, that my son and I stayed in a hotel for the three days it took to restore the heat.

As a side note, right after we moved into our new house, that house burned.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by David134
Mine has always been driving on the side of a moutain with no gaurd rails. I know its not rational, but I'm always afraid of a blowout and boom. Right off the side of the hill. By the time we get off a road like that there is always finger marks on the steering wheel. lol

Me too!!!!! And I also hate driving on bridges, especially narrow ones

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

What scares me, heights!!!!! I can't even watch scenes in a movie when they have heights involved even though I know they're not really there. I also hate the down escalator. I go up it o.k. but my return trip is elevator. If I were somewhere there was no elevator I'd probably ask someone to let me take the back stairs, usually I know they're closed off and used basically as a fire escape route.
My grandmothers was snakes. She would definately not have seen Snakes On a Plane.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
For me it's pretty simple.

Heights. I am terrified of being off the ground. I have no idea why, but ever since I was a kid I hated it.

Not much else gets me going. Not a big fan of watching people get hurt either like on T.V/movies or in real life.

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1loserel2

What scares me, heights!!!!! I can't even watch scenes in a movie when they have heights involved even though I know they're not really there. I also hate the down escalator. I go up it o.k. but my return trip is elevator. If I were somewhere there was no elevator I'd probably ask someone to let me take the back stairs, usually I know they're closed off and used basically as a fire escape route.
My grandmothers was snakes. She would definately not have seen Snakes On a Plane.

Funny you mentioned escalators.

I was on my first date and we went to the mall. I managed to get the toes of my sneaker jammed into the grate at the bottom. Probably would have lost some toes except I had the habit of walking with them curled.

I couldn't free myself. They had to shut down the escalator to dig my shoe out. The worst part was the Food Court was right there and completely crowded. There were a lot of witnesses.

I'm not too fond of escalators.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I don't know what it is about spider but they freak me out. I'm not really scared of them it's just....there's something not right about them. They gross me out more than JackAss's horse seimen chugging.

A got a little story.

I used to rent an old houe. The shed at the back was as old. They must have been 80 years old. The shed was a haven for spiders. The first time I opened the door it looked like an Idiana Jones movie. I had to slam the door shut. The next day I grabbed the pressure washer and tried to clean it out as best I could. Then I needed to put away my lawnmower. So, I tied a rope and pushed the mower in. I let the rope out the door and closed the door. Now, you have to understand this was an old friggin' shed with huge 4 inch barn door hinges. When I closed the door a spider crawled out from the top of the door and stopped on that hinge. It covered the friggin' hinge!! I got nauseous for a sec then I had to run...THAT ONE scared the crap out of me. I know it's not this one but it kind of looked like this one.

Oh! Great now I'm itchy everywere.

edit on 8-3-2012 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Two bugs. The dobson fly and wind scorpions/child of the earth. The latter scream as well.

www.google.com... ce=mog&csll=&action=<oken=c9996bdf&biw=569&bih=295&sei=ADZZT9WkOpCltweJvcWFDA#i=6
edit on 8-3-2012 by Bobaganoosh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Bobaganoosh

I've never heard of these creatures. Where do they live?
Off to google for a little peek...

Found them..... Eeewwwww!
edit on 8-3-2012 by smyleegrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Your avatar scares me.

Also I am afraid of clowns and a false sense of security.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonyJai

Clowns. Yeah.

Remember that scene in Poltergeist with the clown disappearing under the bed?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceCowboy78
Really large flying insects. For some reason, they always seem to fly straight at me. And i dont mean like bees, im talking about large flying roaches/beatles, huge f'n moths, and nasty things like that.

Same here!!!!!

Although, I am actually TERRIFIED of Bees/wasps/hornets!

It is actually a running joke amongst family and friends during the warmer months. They love watching me make a fool of myself running away and flailing my arms like an idiot....which actually only makes the evil critters chase me more. But, I cannot help it!

It's like an instinct that kicks in....run and flail the arms all over the place.

I have sooo many stories that were not so funny at the time but, now I can look back on and get a little chuckle.

On a more serious note....I have come very close to being in two very serious car accidents because of those evil spawns of satan.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bobaganoosh
Two bugs. The dobson fly and wind scorpions/child of the earth. The latter scream as well.

www.google.com... ce=mog&csll=&action=

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
i only really have one fear..
the fear of losing the ones i love, i.e. them dying, or being in a coma etc, or them being hurt.... it makes me incredibly sad if i ever let those kinda thoughts circle around my head.... so i try not to let that happen, and be happy x)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Bobaganoosh

Dude, those are pretty sick. Dang...again, itchy all over

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join