It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Southern Exposure: Iran, Terror Groups Setting Up Shop in South America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
U.S. Southern Command chief Gen. Douglas Fraser says Iran is building drones for Venezuela.

The General assumes the drones will be used for internal defense purposes.

There of course is speculation that Iran has acquired some U.S. technology from that downed drone last year.

March 7, 2012 -- USNews

Iran and Middle East-based extremist groups are stepping up their activities in South America, aiming to make friends and score cash, a senior U.S. military official says.

Tehran intends to build military drones in Washington's backyard for the Venezuelan military led by Hugo Chavez, U.S. Southern Command chief Gen. Douglas Fraser told reporters Wednesday during a breakfast meeting in Washington.

Drones for Chavez

This could be an indication of al Qaeda, Hamas, and Hezbollah activity in South America

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
hmmm
we know hamas was created by Israel and Al CIAduh works for the US...
we know the current regime was installed at pres. Carters behest to repace the previously western installed shaw

we know that robodrones are the soldier wave of the future
in all theaters

so where does that leave everyone?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I guess the U.S. would know a bit about "terror" groups operating to the south of our continental borders, as we've financed and backed our fair share of them.

Fraser said it's unclear what kinds of missions Venezuelan officials will send the Iranian drones.

His best guess? "I assume it's for internal defense."

(from source article)

Sounds like they are most likely just aiding an ally with technology, though.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Just preliminary rhetoric prepping the minds of the masses for the day CNN's headline is:

Venezuala: Biggest threat to American Security?

Then the people will be like "ooooh! ooooooh! Bomb them because we're America and that's how we solve our 'problems'!"

And we'll be on ATS like "this is bull#, again...."

By then Iran will have already gotten slapped around a little bit...... sigh.... This is getting old real quick.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Completely agree. I'm sure soon we will be hearing about how Iran funded terrorist cells are coming through our southern border and everyone should be afraid, very afraid. So therefore we must attack someone now, before there's a smoking gun, which will be in the form of a mushroom cloud.

Love my country - Hate the foreign policy/leadership

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Flagged to Rebutt.

"This could be an indication of al Qaeda, Hamas, and Hezbollah activity in South America

Don't forget to add the CIA and ATF to that list!!

CIA:
• In 2007 a CIA chartered plane crashed in the Yucatan carrying 3.2 tons of coc aine.
• The CIA helped to fund and train Al-Qaeda

ATF:
• 'Operation Fast and Furious' under 'Project Gunrunner' allowed the purchase, acquirement, and cross-border smuggling of an uncountable thousands of firearms by organized crime syndicates.

'They' engineer these Problem-Reaction-Solution scenarios based on fear, uncertainty, anger, and hate.

NO WAR WITH IRAN!!!

edit on 3/8/12 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SGTSECRET

Easiest way to tie it in? Middle Eastern terrorist organizations are smuggling guns in using drug cartels in Juarez... They now have enough to arm a malitia sized unit of "Islamists".....

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by SGTSECRET

Easiest way to tie it in? Middle Eastern terrorist organizations are smuggling guns in using drug cartels in Juarez... They now have enough to arm a malitia sized unit of "Islamists".....

HHAHAHA seriously laughed at 'unit of Islamists.' Sure if you put middle eastern, islamist, muslim, in the same sentence as 'threat' I suppose the MSM can cause the correct amount of fear. Then all it takes is the righteous American 'solution' phase.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

If Ron Paul wasn't so darn impressive, I would have nominated Hugo Chavez for the 2012 elections

Iran having a few bases in Venezuela would not even come close in comparison to the U.S. terror groups surrounding Iran.

Each star is an American terror group location.

Maybe Iran is setting up bases in Canada too!

Go team America!
edit on 8-3-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join