It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have a cold that won't go away?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by stewiegriffin

Funny I should run across this today. I woke up with a small cough and couldn't understand why I couldn't control it. My throat is beginning to feel a little scratchy. I hope this is as far as it goes. Plenty of fluids and vitamn C.

The other thing strange to me this morning is as I sit here in a sea of cubicles(pukas), I can hear several people coughing. Not just the occasional cough but a cough here, a cough there, another one, another one and so on.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaTommyJ
reply to post by amraks

Echinacia is readily available in U.S- my sweetie and I are on an intravenous drip because of this thing

Im not sure if you mean your on a drip because of Echinacia or because of the cold.

not being mean please be more pacific..
because I have had no troubles with doing what I do.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I work in the alternative health field and I found a product that works wonders for this cold going around. Umka cold care or pelargonium sidoides. Take a full dropper full every hour till the bottle is gone. Most of the people I recommend this to said 50% improvement by next day. Check it out

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by amraks

Sorry friend- bad pun referring to an IV feed on the echinacia. Nothing is dripping- too stuffed up from sinus to ears to chest. We have been taking it so often that we really should be getting it intravenously- would save a lot of time and forgetting to take it!!

Apologies for the confusion. Hope you feel better soon!
edit on 8-3-2012 by PaTommyJ because: clarification

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I dont feel sick, I just have this damn stuffy nose and flems.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
This seems to have been going around now for a couple of months, either that or it's just making it's way across the States slowly. Both my parents have got it and when they went to the doctor (because they coldnt shake it naturally) they were given steroid shots to beat it. My mom kept saying, how could it be that bad that they have to give you a steroid shot to get rid of it, she blamed chemtrails haha

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
me, my wife and two co-workers have it. heavy dry coughing and influenza like symptoms

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Nice dad joke re " built upside down"...
I guess if you are an Aussie then it means you are rightside up

vitamin D!
or
get some sun on ya!

drink plenty of fluids...
you Aussies have to start drinkin beer

at the beach
for christmas

pps if you live in or near melbourne in the off season you might want to consider suppliments or sun lamps

edit on 8-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

they were given steroid shots to beat it
reply to post by Brad Jones

Really? At least the doctor took this seriously.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Myself and my family caught some type of respiratory thing a few months ago. I took my childeren to the doctor, they treated them with antibiotics, and guess what they did not work. First they had penicillin that did not work so they went to amoxicillin, and still nothing. So I just let their immune system do the work. It has finally cleared up. I opted out of any medicine, just a lot of water and rest, and it worked out just fine. Whatever type of bug this is it seems the old stand by medications are'nt cutting it. My suggestion is let your body fight it, sometimes the best medicine is no medicine.

PLPL

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by amraks
echinacea. I take these tablets when I get cold symptoms haven't had a cold for over a year now and was getting them frequently.

My husband has it, it does not respond to the usual stuff. we never ever get sick, we use Colloidal silver each time we start to feel anything coming on but it has not worked on this! My husband had tried everything, he even bought peppermint schnapps even though he doesn't drink, someone said it might work...nope!

i am so scared i will get it too, so far I am well...I am really at my wits end with this going on and on...he will say he is better then the next day right back to square one!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by porschedrifter
I just got over two sinus infections. One week, had it for about 5 days, and got over it naturally, then two weeks later, I got it all over again, worse, and by day 4 I was fed up so I got z-pack and it knocked it right out of me.

So then it is not a virus...
Azithromycin is used to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections. It is a macrolide-type antibiotic. It works by stopping the growth of bacteria.
This medication will not work for viral infections (such as common cold, flu). Unnecessary use or misuse of any antibiotic can lead to its decreased effectiveness.

www.webmd.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by tonycodes
I'm in the oc.. me and my girl have had the same cough for about a month, its never happened before and no other symptom, just the cough

Try this...heat some Vinegar, white or apple cider either will work, breath the steam deeply hold it in a bit make sure it is not to hot.
Works every single time for sinuous or lung things. Going to finally insist my husband do this tonight..it has always worked for me.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I was sick for about nine months. It started out as a nagging cough then it turned asthma. No fever but I kept vomiting. Nothing helped except oral steroids. They would work for about a month and then the symptoms would return. X-ray was clear so they just called it asthma.

I had asthma as a child and this wasn't asthma. I'm fine now but for a while I really thought it was possible I was going to die.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by amraks
reply to post by stevcolx

Ahh Colloidal Silver turn blue?

it will turn you blue if you guzzle tons of it, but you can take a Tablespoon swig a day and not have a problem even two a day or much more like some people do.
We only take it when we start to feels sick about two tablespoons, usually one dose if you catch it right off (get up at night and take it if you start to feel a tickle in the throat or anything) .

The colloidal silver was used as an antibiotic in the Civil war days and before, it is now being brought back to hospitals as it does the job but does not cause strengthened bugs like antibiotics and it is natural and non toxic. you can make bunches of it for almost nothing and it can kill more germs than the cleaners we use in a healthy way.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone

Originally posted by stevcolx
High Dose Vitamin C, Vitamin D3, Zinc etc are good for boosting your immune system. Another good thing to take in the morning is toast with Natural Honey and Cinnamon powder. A tasty way to boost your immune system. I also sometimes take a small amount of Colloidal Silver. A safer natural Anti-Biotic.

AND:
"The second thing- use hydrogen peroxide in your ears. Whenever you get that tickle in your ear or if you think you feel a cold coming on, do a peroxide wash of your ear canal. "

This can't be said often enough or loud enough.

Take heed or enjoy your cold/cough/flu.

Also an old remedy that works... gargle with salt water and lemon juice have it very warm fixes sore throat in most cases.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen

The second thing- use hydrogen peroxide in your ears. Whenever you get that tickle in your ear or if you think you feel a cold coming on, do a peroxide wash of your ear canal.

I havent had a cold in 2 years now. And ive been around tonssss of sick kids at school.

Awesome!
I do the peroxide thing too. It works like a charm.

I also do cayenne pepper shots (just cayenne pepper in water-you can search for it) if needed. You just have to be careful since it is hot!

When I first tried this I had been sick with a nasty sore throat/chest cold (I think it was strep but I didn't go anywhere for a week-just slept). It was the worst I had ever felt. I went online to try and find some natural cures. It immediately started getting all the phelm in my chest loose afterwards and I felt better shortly after. I really do believe natural cures are the way to go and will try that before anything else.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alchemst7
I work in the alternative health field and I found a product that works wonders for this cold going around. Umka cold care or pelargonium sidoides. Take a full dropper full every hour till the bottle is gone. Most of the people I recommend this to said 50% improvement by next day. Check it out

I looked and here is Gov study you are right it works.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm

Originally posted by stevcolx
High Dose Vitamin C, Vitamin D3, Zinc etc are good for boosting your immune system. Another good thing to take in the morning is toast with Natural Honey and Cinnamon powder. A tasty way to boost your immune system. I also sometimes take a small amount of Colloidal Silver. A safer natural Anti-Biotic.

^ That, also make sure the honey is raw and local or Manuka honey. Honey is a antibiotic. Garlic is a great antibiotic too. Crush a few cloves and mix it into whatever food you prefer.

I third this Vitamin C/Vitamin D3 recommendation. For the Vitamin C I take 2500 mg per day - but you have to spread it out. I take 1 500mg chewable tablet 5 times a day. Vitamin C will reach a certain level and then you will just pee out the excess so you have to take the smaller dose several times a day to keep your levels up. As for the Vitamin D3, the dose is 1000 IU per 25 pounds of body weight per day. This can be taken all at once. So, for example if you weigh 125 pounds you would take 5000 IU of Vitamin D3. Note that this is IU's not mg's.The liquigels are better for absorbing than tablets. In general you don't want to take vitamin tablets because there is a good chance that they will just pass through you without being absorbed. I have been taking high dose Vitamin C/Vitamin D3 for a long time and I haven't had a cold in years. I also NEVER get a flu shot.

Edited to add: When I say that you don't want to take tablets, I mean tablets as opposed to chewables or liquigels or even the liquid droppers. These will absorb in your body far better than the tablets.
edit on 8-3-2012 by tallcool1 because: clarification

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Hi,

I had it also..... Had a cold and was sick for 2 weeks, then became better for 1 week and then got sick again, couldn't understand any of it, i have a healthy diet, eat a lot of fruit and vegetables and i am a fitnesscoach, so i sport daily, normally i never get sick.
I live in Belgium, Antwerp, and i know a lot of people who have the same thing...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join