It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have a cold that won't go away?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
What is going on with this upper respiratory cold thing that it seems a lot of people have?

I for one am pretty tired of being sick and tired!

This thread introduced me to this epidemic:www.abovetopsecret.com...
thank you SunnyDee.

I haven’t seen much on msm about this which seems odd. I mean it seems to be pretty widespread and a bit unusual. I think it’s a newsworthy story.

So fellow ATS’ers if you have this cold and know of any home remedies that may be helpful please share.
Thanks from Phoenix!

A couple more links about this:
tribune.com.pk...

www.tuscaloosanews.com...
edit on 8-3-2012 by stewiegriffin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
After the Quarantine in China, I wouldn't rule out SARS not being an issue. Possible that it may be in the states already and no one is saying anything.

Chinese Military Hospital in Lockdown Over Suspected SARS Cases

By Ming Chen
Epoch Times Staff

www.theepochtimes.com...

A Hong Kong newspaper has reported that several hundred soldiers with high fevers and other SARS-like symptoms are allegedly being kept in isolation wards at a military hospital in Boading City in northeastern China’s Hebei Province. Local authorities have denied a SARS outbreak, but Chinese netizens are worried that, just as with the 2003 outbreak of SARS, the authorities are covering up a potential epidemic.

Reporters from Hong Kong’s Apple Daily went to the PLA 252 Hospital in Baoding on Feb. 24, where 300 soldiers are allegedly being isolated, with two said to have died. Three nearby hospitals were said to also have patients who exhibit SARS-like symptoms.

edit on 8-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by stewiegriffin

I've had it. Sick, then get better than it hits again. My wife ditto. I know over a dozen people in different states who have it.

Rest. Rest rest.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
i know there is 3 dead and 1 sick in lushby maryland

www.cidrap.umn.edu...

Mar 6, 2012 (CIDRAP News) – Maryland health officials are investigating a cluster of severe respiratory illnesses in a Calvert County family that led to the deaths of an elderly woman and two adult children who cared for her.

see link for full story. a lot to put up here

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

I've had it. Sick, then get better than it hits again. My wife ditto. I know over a dozen people in different states who have it.
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

That's what is so strange. Most people say the same thing you did that they keep catching the same cold or virus or whatever this thing is over and over. That isn't normal.

Maybe one of those damn aliens that are flying around everywhere infected us.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
echinacea. I take these tablets when I get cold symptoms haven't had a cold for over a year now and was getting them frequently.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I just got over two sinus infections. One week, had it for about 5 days, and got over it naturally, then two weeks later, I got it all over again, worse, and by day 4 I was fed up so I got z-pack and it knocked it right out of me.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I have one child in preschool, and his dad works in another pre-school. It's almost impossible not to pick up bugs from either of them.
However, I'm also smoking considerably more than I used to lately (never in the house though, so I stand outside in all weathers), and just assumed I had developed some kind of smokers cough.
On the other hand, a friend of mine seems to have caught it from me, so probably just another cold.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

echinacea. I take these tablets when I get cold symptoms haven't had a cold for over a year now and was getting them frequently.
reply to post by amraks

I've heard of that. What is it exactly? Is it expensive?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Unfortunately for me at this time of year I can't tell whether I'm legitimately sick or if my allergies are kicking some serious ass...

So far its been heavy congestion and mild to moderate headaches with some intermittent dizziness, for a couple days now.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Its a herbal tablet you pick up from a health food store or sometimes supermarkets in Australia stock it.
Nah not really considering a small jar of them have lasted awhile.

I think 10 - 34 dollars you will pay for 100.

Im not sure where you would find it in America maybe you could order it off the internet.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by amraks

I'll give it a try. Amazon probably has it or a health food store. Thanks.

I feel like I've been sick since the begining of the year. Great way to start 2012 huh?!? Damn Mayans with their fancy calendars.(just kidding)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

eewwww..I have been sickless for almost a half of a century....have never had a fooy flu shot.My kids seem to be safe with 5 alive drink......sometimes Vix Vapour rub may help,hot chicken broth.....stick ye ole feet in a pail of warm water and sweat it off.......

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Vix vapour rub is good to sooth your throat and sinus's.
Get a bucket
fill it with boiled water.
dab some vix vapour rub into it about a tea spoon.
get a towel.
place your head over the bucket.
put the towel over the back of your head.
this will make all the steam go directly into your repository system.

I used to do that all the time.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I'm in the oc.. me and my girl have had the same cough for about a month, its never happened before and no other symptom, just the cough

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire

Rest. Rest rest.

That is the old way of dealing with it. These days, you are expected to pull yourself out of bed and deal with the politics of obtaining a medical certificate to prove you are not well.

Just curious, do you use antibiotics? I've noticed people who take them get sick often and for longer as their immune systems start to depend on them.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Posting from Southern California.

I've been sick on and off for this entire "cold" season. I'd get sick, for a week, get better for 3 days, slowly get sick again over a week, get better again for a few days, slowly get sick again, get better for a few days..

I'm really sick and tired of this #. Please just kill me now

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
This is a little off topic but...

My girlfriends daughter had a bad cough so she took her to the doctor. She was prescribed heavy antibiotics. The cough subsided a little but then she developed a yeast infection because all the good bacteria was killed in the process of killing the bad. Now her cough came back and they can't give her the strong antibiotics because it will make the yeast infection worse.

Thank god for modern medicine /puke

Remember when you use to rub mud on a bee sting? That sounds more modern than the new treatments.....

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

i use to live in so-cal. love it but the air is a killer. that might be impeding your immune system.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
High Dose Vitamin C, Vitamin D3, Zinc etc are good for boosting your immune system. Another good thing to take in the morning is toast with Natural Honey and Cinnamon powder. A tasty way to boost your immune system. I also sometimes take a small amount of Colloidal Silver. A safer natural Anti-Biotic.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join