It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Citizen scientists reveal a bubbly Milky Way

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
anyone who reads my threads regularly knows i am space bubble mad

here are some recent findings,

Upwards of 35,000 "citizen scientists" sifted through the Spitzer infrared data as part of the online Milky Way Project to find these telltale bubbles. The volunteers have turned up 10 times as many bubbles as previous surveys so far.

"These findings make us suspect that the Milky Way is a much more active star-forming galaxy than previously thought," said Eli Bressert, an astrophysics doctoral student at the European Southern Observatory, based in Germany, and the University of Exeter, England, and co-author of a paper submitted to the Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society.

"The Milky Way's disk is like champagne with bubbles all over the place," he said.

link to source

i have a pet theory about an optical influence of what we observe being disturbed by the BUBBLE called the heliosphere around our own star, it looks like alot of stars have bubbles around them and in the act of a star forming a bubble can be seen being generated from this protostar action.

there is a citizen search that has uncovered many many more BUBBLES than previously thought.

imagine this, if a bubble is between us and the extra solar universe, could the bubble mess up our distance and or location observations in the galaxy we are in,
and if the galaxy has a BUBBLE around it would that optically effect where and what we observe in the universe out side our "solar bubble" and or outside our home galaxy the milky way.

these bubbles show that stars "exclude" material and form an evolope around them,
if the density of space is different inside and outside these BUBBLES does that effect the optical ability to tell distance and size of objects we look at outside these bubbles?

and if these bubbles effect what we see.....

and we are inside one of these galactic magnifiers..........

then the universe might be like looking into a fun house mirror

very interesting results from a study done with the help of the general public.

xploder
edit on 7-3-2012 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

The Milky Way Project has shown that nearly a third of the bubbles are part of 'hierarchies,' where smaller bubbles are found on or near the rims of larger bubbles," said Matthew Povich, a National Science Foundation Astronomy and Astrophysics Postdoctoral Fellow at Penn State, University Park, and co-author of the paper. "This suggests new generations of star formation are being spawned by the expanding bubbles."

same source as op
smaller bubbles are found ON or near larger bubbles, this could be a very interesting explination of the behaviour of some movement of some stars.
xp

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Makes me think go Bohm's observation that plasma forms like a cell, our sun would be the nucleus, and the bubble our outer membrane. While some matter and energy are kept outside of our bubble/membrane, other desired material and energy would be pulled into our system. Essentially our solar system acting like a living entity.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

it was hanes alvin that first described plasma as a cell like structure?
i have often though that energy would be injested like a hungry cell in the human body,
maby a star gets its electrical energy from the outside instead of atomic convertion?
just a thought

xploder

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Sorry, I couldn't find anything on Alvin Hanes, except your post, and lots of Hanes underwear advertisements.

If you have any links, it would be greatly appreciated, I would like to read up on him. It is not coming to mind yet.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

sorry i got the spellin wrong and ass backwards,

here is a vid about his discoveries

xp

edit on 7-3-2012 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Thanks for the link.

It fits well into my own personal theory of physics, in that electrons are long hair like particles with a curved elasticity, that is the source of force as we know it, Protons being shorter, but much thicker barbed particles. These weave together to from matter as we know it.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Strange how certain aspects of a theory are totally accepted by so called mainstream science yet the theory is totally rejected on the whole.

The basis is apparently the unfortunate inability of gravity to be merged with the 3 fundamental forces. Why is it that the forces acting on large bodies (planets, suns etc) are hugely weaker than electromagnetic forces? If the two were actually the same force then "antigravity" should be simple, obvious and readily demonstrable . Any electromagnetic force should be easily measurable to either attract or repel the Earth (i.e. an electromagnet would show an easily measurable force making it either "heavier" or "lighter" on Earth depending on polarity).

What are we missing? My gut actually supports this theory but some really obvious intrinsic phenomena are not present.

Sorry, nerdspeak aside. If electromagnetism is the driving force behind the universe, why don't magnets attract/repel so called gravity?
edit on 9-3-2012 by OZtracized because: Last sentence

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OZtracized

My concept is that electro-magnetics is the overall force that holds the fabric of matter together.

Gravity is a secondary force created by the fabric of matter and the momentum from our movement through space.

top topics

join