It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Big Earthquake In Less Than 40 Hours !

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Anim8tr

2008 is pretty current for statistical analysis

If you can't gather a conclusion from 1973-2008 then how are you doing to draw one from 1973-2012?
edit on 7-3-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Its kinda funny that you gave a 40 hour window on this last night diamondsmith made a prediction from a dream.
What he was talking about seems to go with your post as he was saying something about trucks falling into a big hole or abyss and a tall building falling over near a bridge or something and that it would impact everyone around the world. Who knows maybe something could happen but id rather hope not as he was saying it will happen the 8th or 9th.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anim8tr

Opps wrong link, that was for another thread...

Nevertheless you copied your prediction from another site and called it yours.

www.ufo-blogger.com...
firsthandweather.com...
lyn-stewart.hubpages.com...

No. Not even close. I did my own research on it, I didn't copy anything. Please, oh please quote me a passage that I "stole" from the websites you just posted. All these websites are about Fukushima in 2011. That wasn't my prediction. That was information I was basing my prediction on. My prediction is that in 39 hours a big earthquake will accur due to the solar flares. Find a website that predicts that, and I'll give you an apple.

No seriously, theres a difference between doing your own research and posting your own thoughts (like predictions) on it, and simply copying information from other sites as you put it.

Ok your right, we have a new ATS prophet! Ok there's just hundreds of sites that relate solar flares to the Japan Earthquake and today or yesterday you heard there was a solar flare heading twords Earth and you put one and one together to come up with your prediction - Question: If it is 'your' prediction, why post it now after news of solar flare and not before?

BTW--

We present the study of 682 earthquakes of ¡Ý4.0 magnitude observed during January 1991 to January 2007 in the light of solar flares observed by GOES and SOXS missions in order to explore the possibility of any association between solar flares and earthquakes. Our investigation preliminarily shows that each earthquake under study was preceded by a solar flare of GOES importance B to X class by 10-100 hrs. However, each flare was not found followed by earthquake of magnitude ¡Ý4.0. We classified the earthquake events with respect to their magnitude and further attempted to look for their correlation with GOES importance class and delay time. We found that with the increasing importance of flares the delay in the onset of earthquake reduces. The critical X-ray intensity of the flare to be associated with earthquake is found to be ~10-6 Watts/m2. On the other hand no clear evidence could be established that higher importance flares precede high magnitude earthquakes. Our detailed study of 50 earthquakes associated with solar flares observed by SOXS mission and other wavebands revealed many interesting results such as the location of the flare on the Sun and the delay time in the earthquake and its magnitude. We propose a model explaining the charged particles accelerated during the solar flare and released in the space that undergone further acceleration by interplanetary shocks and produce the ring current in the earth's magnetosphere, which may enhance the process of tectonics plates motion abruptly at fault zones. It is further proposed that such sudden enhancement in the process of tectonic motion of plates in fault zones may increase abruptly the heat gradients on spatial (dT/dx) and temporal (dT/dt) scales responsible for earthquakes.

adsabs.harvard.edu...

On the other hand no clear evidence could be established that higher importance flares precede high magnitude earthquakes
edit on 7-3-2012 by PageAlaCearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by Anim8tr

2008 is pretty current for statistical analysis

If you can't gather a conclusion from 1973-2008 then how are you doing to draw one from 1973-2012?
edit on 7-3-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

Well first of all 1999-2010 are useless due to the extreme solar activity low. The frequency of the flares coincides with the sun's 11-year cycle of solar activity. During periods of minimum activity, active regions on the sun are small and rare and so, few solar flares are detected and therefore there is no usefull data you can compare to. The years 2010 - 2012 made that a lil more interesting due to the solare actvity peak we are going through.
edit on 7-3-2012 by Anim8tr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Great...we have an Amin8ter Phage-off.....little less than 40 hours...and counting.....

Whats an "Phage-off"?

Play on words....a face off. Meaning, one opinion versus another opinion .....

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Anim8tr

The data I used covered three solar maximums.
As you say, during solar maximum solar flare activity increases.
As the data shows, there is no corresponding increase in earthquake activity with the increased solar activity at solar maximum.

As we approach solar maximum people become more susceptible to what I call the shower syndrome. A false connection between events.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 3/7/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
According to Daily Mail - Sun Eruptions could last 2 year!

www.dailymail.co.uk... cted.html

TextThe largest solar flare in five years is racing toward Earth, threatening to unleash a torrent of charged particles that could disrupt power grids, GPS and airplane flights. The sun erupted Tuesday evening, and the effects should start smacking Earth around 7 a.m. EST Thursday, according to forecasters at the federal government's Space Weather Prediction Center. They say the flare is growing as it speeds outward from the sun. 'It's hitting us right in the nose,' said Joe Kunches, a scientist for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. He called it the sun's version of 'Super Tuesday. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... cted.html#ixzz1oTVQV33t

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Originally posted by PageAlaCearl

Ok your right, we have a new ATS prophet!

It truly honors me to achieve the title of "new ATS prophet" after my first prediction I ever posted which didn't even took place yet.

Question: If it is 'your' prediction, why post it now after news of solar flare and not before?

Beceause I am not predicting a solar flare...I'm predicting an earthquake.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by PageAlaCearl

Ok your right, we have a new ATS prophet!

It truly honors me to achieve the title of "new ATS prophet" after my first prediction I ever posted which didn't even took place yet.

Question: If it is 'your' prediction, why post it now after news of solar flare and not before?

Beceause I am not predicting a solar flare...I'm predicting an earthquake.

Where does it say here that you are predicting a solar flare - if I may it reads "News of Solar Flare" don't see prediction in there

39 hours to go...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Great...we have an Amin8ter Phage-off.....little less than 40 hours...and counting.....

Whats an "Phage-off"?

Play on words....a face off. Meaning, one opinion versus another opinion .....

Ah ok I get it now
although its more like my prediction versus an opinion. I don't understand why people feel the urge to argue about predictions. I guess it's a haven for proffesional debunkers and the "YOU SHALL NOT PASS" crowd.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Where does it say here that you are predicting a solar flare - if I may it reads "News of Solar Flare" don't see prediction in there

Ok I think we have to go back to where we started from to clear things up.

1. A prediction or forecast is a statement about the way things will happen in the future, often but not always based on experience or knowledge. en.wikipedia.org...

I, Anim8tr, new ATS prophet, predicted an earthquake of magnitude and timing with basicly no scientific evidence.(Prediction is closely related to uncertainty).
I based my prediction on knowledge I gathered from the internet concerning the X5+ solar flare that's incoming AND a little bit of intuition, instinct, inner-feeling or whatever you want to call it.

I, alone,and no other, predicted such a thing. Call it bogus/crap/nonsense/lies I dont care. But don't tell me I took an idea from someone else and posted the same thing here in this forum. This would make me a thief or a pirate and I don't like being called a thief. (Pirates are cool)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Anim8tr

If this took place I'd place my bets on Indonesia in the Sumatra region

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
Let's say we narrow it down - then it will be a true prediction.

I'll start it off with - Siberia

I say Turkey

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
More information

The sun erupted Tuesday evening, and the effects should start smacking Earth around 7 a.m. EST Thursday

The solar storm is likely to last through Friday morning, but the region that erupted can still send more blasts our way

But for now, scientists are waiting to see what happens Thursday when the charged particles hit Earth at 4 million mph.

Biggest solar storm in years nears Earth, may disrupt power
www.usatoday.com...
edit on 7-3-2012 by DjSuperman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I'll bite, I'm guessing if it happens it will be in India, Pakistan, or Afganistan. The magnitude will be between 7.1-8.3. Now I am basing this solely off my own worn out mind so it is really just a guess. I hope your prediction is wrong but we shall see.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Anim8tr

If this took place I'd place my bets on Indonesia in the Sumatra region

That's a bit like cheating - I think they have a big one every week.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I am Poo-Pooing the nay sayers on this...this is a great experiment to see IF there is a correlation.....now lets sit back and see what happens...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Ok I think we have to go back to where we started from to clear things up.

1. A prediction or forecast is a statement about the way things will happen in the future, often but not always based on experience or knowledge. en.wikipedia.org...

I, Anim8tr, new ATS prophet, predicted an earthquake of magnitude and timing with basicly no scientific evidence.(Prediction is closely related to uncertainty).
I based my prediction on knowledge I gathered from the internet concerning the X5+ solar flare that's incoming AND a little bit of intuition, instinct, inner-feeling or whatever you want to call it.

I, alone,and no other, predicted such a thing. Call it bogus/crap/nonsense/lies I dont care. But don't tell me I took an idea from someone else and posted the same thing here in this forum. This would make me a thief or a pirate and I don't like being called a thief. (Pirates are cool)

I agree with you. Im a reader not much of a poster. Ive seen this a lot lately where someone states/predicts/interpretes and instead of discussing the topic some deem it their responsibility to be the first to debunk/accuse of the information presented. A little annoying but oh well. I'll be watching the thread. I hope your prediction doesnt come true for everyones sake. Its your prediction so lets see what happens. If you think about it the solar flares could possibly be an early warning device for quakes if it pans out.

take it easy and keep it real!!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Lynzer

Correlation does not imply causation.
Don't forget the shower syndrome.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Well there was a massive solar flare yesterday... :/

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>