It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charges of Racism for Chanting USA…In America!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Why weren't the Hispanic students chanting USA too? Maybe they are the racists here?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I say mean things sometimes, then apologize. Like the school did. I'm not sure what that has to do with the first amendment. If you call someone an offensive name at a job you're probably going to get fired or scolded.

No one has ever shouted USA after a team wins at any school event that I have ever went to. It just doesn't make sense. I'm going to assume it was racial like the coach did that was there who immediately told the kids to shut up.

Kids are kids and they say mean things all the time. I don't think it's that big of a deal.
edit on 7-3-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

We shouldn't lower our standard of living. Most of the illegals that have come here are from communist countries. So there standards of living were extremely low. Thats why they come and they are willing to work their asses off to no fault of their own. But yeah the federal government that favors and allows immigrants from places like El Salvador to live on US soil illegally and with them follows the communist element and the crime, which luckily hasn't spilled over to much other then petty theft and offenses. But those cartels south of here are getting stronger it's only a matter of time now.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by seabag

I say mean things sometimes, then apologize. Like the school did. I'm not sure what that has to do with the first amendment. If you call someone an offensive name at a job you're probably going to get fired or scolded.

No one has ever shouted USA after a team wins at any school event that I have ever went to. It just doesn't make sense. I'm going to assume it was racial like the coach did that was there who immediately told the kids to shut up.

Kids are kids and they say mean things all the time. I don't think it's that big of a deal.
edit on 7-3-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

The other problem here, is that there is a sense that the USA chanting was directed towards the caucasian team. How do we know this? Or do the hispanic players just assume that its directed towards the caucasian team. It doesn't really matter why they were chanting it, we can't read peoples minds, so we can't really determine the intent or motivation. If I was one of those hispanic players, and I heard the crowd chant USA, USA, then I would start chanting it too, and get the rest of my team to go along. If we're all chanting the same thing, how can it be racist. We create way too many double standards, in an attempt to discourage racism, all the while feeding into it.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

This country is slipping. Next they'll be singing the National Anthem at the beginning of professional baseball games. Pathetic! This place San Antonio is the arm-pit of racism in the United States. I hear they even fly a Texas flag over the Alamo. That's the site that all those white people got together to shoot at Mexicans. They even celebrate the event by shouting "Remember the Alamo!"

We should all be ashamed.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

That sounds pretty racist to me, assuming all that.... If you have a gander at my post history, you will see I am no blind patriot type. I just don't see how someone other than a racist, can assume that chanting USA is supposed to be an insult hurled at a team because they happen to be hispanic AMERICANS, as far as I know. Even if they were all illegals, so what? They are here, instead of whatever country they illegally came from, should they not love the USA all the much more?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by seabag

It sounds like the intended it to be racist, and so, therefore, it was racist. If they would have been chanting it after a 4th of July celebration, or watching soldiers arrive back into port it would not be racist, but if they were intentionally chanting it at a bunch of Hispanics, then it was intentionally...... racist.

It is never the words; it is always the intent behind the words.

Sorry, but you're out to lunch on this one. If the Hispanics are Americans at an AMERICAN school, please tell me how chanting "USA" at an AMERICAN school in AMERICA is racist?

Regardless of skin color, if they're all Americans what does it matter?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by boncho

Even if that was the case, screaming USA after winning is not inflamatory. Happens all the times in the olympics etc right?

They are chanting USA not KKK, or GO BACK HOME or some nonesense....

Difference between regional, sate and world championships.

I believe anyone should be able to chant "USA,USA,USA"

But at the same time, there are people that aren't racist that use "racist" words (Especially old school folks) , and then there are people that can use the nicest words in the alphabet and be racist fools.

It's all BS at the end of the day.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Perhaps we are forgetting the massive amounts of deportation going on currently, and that a too common theme in Border states is that if a person is Mexican they are here illegally (spurned on by the local MSM and local government).

I can easily see how chanting USA at high-school game when the losing team is predominantly non-white could be intentionally racist. It implies that other team is not American. Very different from the Olympics which is teams/persons going against teams/persons who are from different countries. They don't shout USA at the tryouts or qualifying events because they are all American.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb

We shouldn't lower our standard of living. Most of the illegals that have come here are from communist countries. So there standards of living were extremely low. Thats why they come and they are willing to work their asses off to no fault of their own. But yeah the federal government that favors and allows immigrants from places like El Salvador to live on US soil illegally and with them follows the communist element and the crime, which luckily hasn't spilled over to much other then petty theft and offenses. But those cartels south of here are getting stronger it's only a matter of time now.

MEXICO is not a communist country. Neither is EL SALVADOR. But that does not stop illegals from both countries coming here and committing criminal acts. l am glad you consider murder, kidnapping, and identity theft petty offenses. What do you consider major offenses?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Do you think the illegal aliens in Arizona are from Canada, Iceland, Germany, Sweden. Ireland, Poland, Japan, Norway, Russia, or France? Maybe they are from Alpha Centauri?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
USA USA USA !
Thats right people. If you have a problem with it..GTFO
Everyone bashes America but have never been anywhere in their lives. Personally I have visited 9 'countries' and NO WHERE can even come close to what this great nation has to offer, except Germany, they had these wicked jack daniels and coke already mixed in the can..Heaven
I know the top is evil, and this country was founded on some pretty shady shii, but I am sooo proud and lucky to have been born here.
P.S. The USA Men take the gold in soccer at the Olympics

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Ummm...huh? Your reply to me makes no sense.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

reply to post by seabag

It sounds like the intended it to be racist, and so, therefore, it was racist. If they would have been chanting it after a 4th of July celebration, or watching soldiers arrive back into port it would not be racist, but if they were intentionally chanting it at a bunch of Hispanics, then it was intentionally...... racist.

Sorry, but you're out to lunch on this one. If the Hispanics are Americans at an AMERICAN school, please tell me how chanting "USA" at an AMERICAN school in AMERICA is racist?

Regardless of skin color, if they're all Americans what does it matter?

Most schools chant their school name, or their mascot. Have you ever heard of a school chanting USA after a win over a rival school? No way. So, the intent of the chant was to be racist. It isn't the words, and the nationality doesn't matter, all that matters is the group was looking for a way to intentionally be offensive. It doesn't matter what they were chanting.

Do you honestly believe they were chanting USA for some innocent reason? I've never heard that happen before. In fact, if the other school had been a Mexican school, then the chant would not have been racist at all, it would have just been patriotic. But, since this was two rival American schools, one white and one hispanic, then the chant was obviously meant to purposefully be racist.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver

reply to post by seabag

So the only time you can have pride in your country is on 4th of July or when greeting soldiers?......REALL?????

It is a sad state that our nation has arrived at, can't fly the flag in certain areas, can't chant USA, can't be proud of our nation.

Well here you go.....get ready....I must be one hell of a racist.

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

Now if someone doesn't like that then you can stick your opinion in the same place your head is obviously in. I served and sacrificed for my country, came home with a Purple Heart with Clusters and if anyone tries to tell me I can't chant USA! or show any other form of pride for my country then they may want to evac my vicintity. If they don'y like hearing it then my suggestion is get the hell out of this country.

Wow, folks in this thread are blinded by the tsunami of political correctness that has now made them intentionally obtuse.

There is nothing wrong with chanting USA, but there is something wrong with heckling the other school on their heritage. Do you honestly believe the chant was intended for patriotic reasons? If so, then your head is the one that needs removal. Both schools were US schools, so a chant of USA just makes no sense whatsoever. The only way it makes sense is if it was intended as a jab at the heritage of the other students.

You can chant USA all you want! I encourage you to do so! Especially in the presence of other nationalities, and it will be taken as intended. If you intend it as patriotic, then so be it, more power to you. If you intend it as racist, then it will be perceived as racist, and you will just have to wear that racist label with pride.

In fact, I don't care if they were racist. That is their right, they don't have to love Hispanics, but they shouldn't try to pretend it was some innocent mistake. That is B.S. and everyone there knows it, and everyone in this thread knows it.

If the intention is to be racist, then be it. Be it proudly, don't hide behind patriotism.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

hmmmm.

Politically correctness,and the apology even......

America has become the place where Presidents bow to other foreign powers,just for the hell of it.

I guess when I hear USA chants,I better immediately call into question WHY they are saying it. Especially since it was said IN America.......

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

So you have the secret tech that lets you reach into other people's heads and see what their intentions are? Mind sharing this with the rest of us here at ATS, I need to zapexamine a few people and find out their motives as well!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Hispanic AMERICANS! Are hispanic American's LESS AMERICAN than white Americans? Besides, it was the audience who started the chant.

So PC has eaten our brains!

Yes, that seems to be the case.

1/2 the population are PC police looking for every opportunity to be offended, and the other half are so anti-PC that they totally ignore intentional racism.

I'm not saying they don't have the right to chant whatever they want, and if I were present, I would have been immensely entertained by the whole fiasco, but I am saying that it was certainly intended as racist. There is no other explanation for it, so why try to hide it after the fact?

As for PC, I hate it.

Politically Correctness Threatens our Freedom.

*"Those that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety,deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Ben Franklin, 1759

* Freedom of speech is being totally threatened. Listen to Prof. Klatt's speech and you will understand that our society is rapidly changing to adapt the inanities of PC. Jokes about blacks, Fat people, women, could soon be illegal deemed as 'Hate Propaganda'. PC supporters want us to live in one big happy world embracing peoples cultural, sexual and religious differences, by celebrating their distinctiveness while treating them uniquely different?! Is it possible to understand PC thought?

* To attempt to point out the odious nature of Political Correctness is to restate the crucial importance of plain speaking, freedom of choice and freedom of speech; these are the communities safe-guards against the imposition of tyranny, indeed their absence is tyranny ( see "On Liberty", Chapter II, by J.S. Mill). Which is why any such restrictions on expression such as those invoked by the laws of libel, slander and public decency, are grave matters to be decided by common law methodology; not by the dictates of the mob.

Source

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

So you have the secret tech that lets you reach into other people's heads and see what their intentions are? Mind sharing this with the rest of us here at ATS, I need to zapexamine a few people and find out their motives as well!

You tell me.

What do you suppose their intentions were. Both schools were from the USA. One team was victorious. They had choices as to how to show their emotion and approval. They could have chanted their team name, or their team mascot, or just whooped and hollered, but instead they chose to chant USA. Do you suppose it was intended as a big, warm, friendly show of unity with their rival brown-skinned team? If that is what you honestly believe, then say so. Tell us there is no chance it was intended as racist, it was just pure ol' patriotism at a Texas basketball game, and show us where they chanted the same thing after other victories over rival white teams.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join