It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flood-stricken spiders weave sea of webs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

You would not catch me anywhere around those fields..

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

Originally posted by Thurisaz
reply to post by dayve

I love spiders....here is a Huntsman - they are harmless but look big and scarey. They can bite but are not poisonous

I had one as a pet a few years back and one of my cats ended up eating him.. I was very upset about it at the time.

They're not lethally poisonous, you're right; but I was bitten by one as a child, and at the time it hurt a lot. They are very intelligent; they have unique personalities. Some of them are easy going, but they can be cranky.

They amaze me with their insight. I used to get them in my living room just hanging around on the wall. I'd have friends come around and turn to it, and gently tell it to 'get out of sight' and off it goes.

I don't imagine a huntsman biting me. I kill red backs ASAP. They are my favorite, but they are too dangerous.

Ed. red backs live in dry places, sheds, cars etc. They can kill you but I've never known of anyone getting bitten. I've seen 100's in my lifetime *thinks back to stories of cage fights between species. There was a surprise winner that killed anything in a few seconds. Might have been the huntsman. There are specialized spider killing spiders - probably feasting on the spiders in the photo's above, behind the scene.

Spiders are very territorial and I've heard that 'they' (some) know the whereabouts of every spider in a large area.
edit on 7-3-2012 by squandered because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Those webs are awesome! Would have been a sight to be there in person. Those little brown ones in the pics i get in my garden all the time. Same with Redbacks, been bitten by them twice now, and they make you bloody crook. Get a lot of Huntsmans too......untill i got some chooks.

Spiders dont worry me all that much. Now snakes, they are a different story......

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

First things first. CAN ALL YOU FOOLS STOP QUOTING THAT PICTURE OF THE HUNTSMAN! Each time I scroll down, I have to go through my phobia again! Its so freaky, I'm kinda trembling... I have a BAD time dealing with huntsmans.

Second thing. Broom idea = NO!

About five years ago, I had a fat bugger in the corner of my room. When this happens, (I'm shriveling downstairs as I say this out loud) I need to spend at least 2 hours trying to pysch myself up. I freeze up badly if one traps me in a room.... Anyway. I had a blown up vacuum and when I tried the Mortein spray this buggar just wore it like perfume and sat there mocking me.

Out of ideas (this is like 4 am now, I cant sleep if ones around) I thought about the broom. I feel like a Ken doll downstairs by this stage, but I manage to find the courage to go WHACK on top of him. I thought victory was mine, I squished as hard as I could against the wall. Then, just as I release pressure, he comes at me. Straight down the broom handle! I swear he was packing, and in my head, he had pockets of evil poison fangs on every joint of his legs which are 2 feet long each and racing at me at particle accelerator speeds. I throw the broom and scream like a banshee, and the broom smacks into my music keyboard snapping of one of my keys.

Then, that was it. A almost 30 year old man called his mum to ask her to come deal with it cause I am now in the car on the way to her house.

Man, I hate huntsmans like you would not believe. Its taking all my courage to post this next pic, but its true.

Oh my god, you have no idea how much I hate posting that pic! Gahhhhhhh!

*runs away threatening to burn down the entire internets

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

I have an overwhelming desire for a flamethrower. Uggggh!

But in all seriousness, that's really amazing.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
The pictures alone are enough to make me shudder..UGH!
I hate spiders! I have been known to sleep with a flash light and a can of RAID..if I ever see a wolf spider in my bedroom and lose track of it before I can find a shoe to smush his little brains out! I'm sure some will say that spiders are our friends...but they are just so frightening looking and sneaky too!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by grumpydaysleeper
The pictures alone are enough to make me shudder..UGH!
I hate spiders! I have been known to sleep with a flash light and a can of RAID..if I ever see a wolf spider in my bedroom and lose track of it before I can find a shoe to smush his little brains out! I'm sure some will say that spiders are our friends...but they are just so frightening looking and sneaky too!

I know how you feel. Spiders creep me out. I think it's the legs. Nothing, and I mean nothing, needs eight legs!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

Lol, that was a good laugh thanks mate

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
spiders make me crazy! Seeing those pics of big spiders reminds me of the time I was at work , went to the bathroom looked off to the side of the stall and saw a big ole wolf spider....I ran out of the bathroom hollaring..."Get a baseball bat there's a spider in there as big as a chihuahua"! Luckily our maintenace man was nearby and went into the ladies room and sent him to Jesus.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Can I respectfully ask the Mods to put this thread in the blender and destroy it forever, then burn it down.

(I know this is not possible, but I'd sleep much better tonight! I'm close to the current floods, if this happens around me, that's it, I'm moving to Iceland)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by squandered

They amaze me with their insight. I used to get them in my living room just hanging around on the wall. I'd have friends come around and turn to it, and gently tell it to 'get out of sight' and off it goes.

that is so true.

Harry (that is what I called him) and I met whilst I was laying in bed and in the shadow of the light, I could see something run up the side of the wall. Well I turned the light on and there he was. I told him ' there is no way your sleeping in my bedroom' I pointed to the higheest corner of the house (I lived in a 3 storey mezanine house at the time with cathedral ceilings) and said.. 'see that corner, that is where your shall live" and in the morning.. I woke up and could not believe my eyes...

there was Harry in the corner I had told him to go!!

then I thought I could speak to 'spiders' hahahha

anyway, sad end for him cos he wandered down along the stairwell and my AkuAku ate him.. I was like.... NOOOO!

bad cat!!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Good cat!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

I love the bit with the cat eating the spider. Of course that's what house cats do! Eat all sorts of little animals. Here in Ohio we don't ever have a problem with outsize animals- they all tend to be small and easily managed. But, let me tell you about small brown bats sometime...much, much worse.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

Originally posted by squandered

that is so true.

Harry (that is what I called him) and I met whilst I was laying in bed and in the shadow of the light, I could see something run up the side of the wall. Well I turned the light on and there he was. I told him ' there is no way your sleeping in my bedroom' I pointed to the higheest corner of the house (I lived in a 3 storey mezanine house at the time with cathedral ceilings) and said.. 'see that corner, that is where your shall live" and in the morning.. I woke up and could not believe my eyes...

there was Harry in the corner I had told him to go!!

then I thought I could speak to 'spiders' hahahha

anyway, sad end for him cos he wandered down along the stairwell and my AkuAku ate him.. I was like.... NOOOO!

bad cat!!

I've talked them expecting a response. It usually goes something like "do this, or I'll be forced to kill you - nicely though. What's worse I feel like I'm reading a subliminal response and that they are aware of that too. I think this is the true freaky side to spiders. For such little critters they give off a lot of energy, well too me. I just go along with it.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
haha this thread totally reminded me of this video

edit on 8-3-2012 by Idonthaveabeard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

I'm certain thats the bugger who broke my keyboard! I don't think people not from Australia realize how lighting fast these things move, they venture though 4 different time zones and 11 dimensions before you can even blink.

Mind you, how the heck that guy stood under it calm as day is beyond me, but his true colours came out the second it moved, big ole chicken!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join