It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar Maximum Wiped Out Highly Evolved Ancient Civilizations On Earth?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Maurice Cotterell does a long boring lecture about the possibilities of this subject. His conclusion is basically that the excessive radiation from a large solar cycle affected birth rates and crops, which led to the collapse of the Mayan culture. It's a long lecture, which I watched over several days, but was well worth it.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Well, after the glaciations and the un glaciations, if there was an advanced civilization, the only things that would survive two miles of ice, and the sea level going up and down, and tsunamis from calving as those glaciers melted, would be maybe submerged cities, pyramids and maps of antarctica without ice...words like "ma" would exist around the world ..you know imposible stuff that isn't...couldn't, would never...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Do i think it happened? No in all honesty.

However, following your "thinking outside of the box" brief, do i think it is possible? Yes, certainly

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Problem with that though is that there haven't been many occasions in Earth's history where the entire planet has been covered by ice.

Suppose there was an advanced earlier civilization. How far back are we going? If millions of years, the continents would be in different locations to today, so the areas covered by the last ice age would not necessarily be where the advanced civilization was based. By that i mean it was the Northern Hemisphere during the last ice age - what if the advanced civilisation was based in, say, the tropics? The ice wouldn't have got anywhere near to crush the evidence of this civilisation.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Reply to post by txjab512

No, if they were that advanced a simple solar flare, while really inconvenient, would not disable them and cause them to disappear while leaving no evidence of their society (that wouldnt require a conspiracy board to discuss).

Common sense, reason and logic would have prevented you from posting a thread like this. Seriously, think about it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

the glaciation and tectonic and sea level distrubances have been shown to have effected the whole planet
from the north sea to the coast of india you have underwater dwellins to high up in the andes where you have harbours and sea shells

here try this
www.youtube.com...
edit on 7-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Thats because the Andes and Himalayas were at one point sea bed. Hell, my local bit of Yorkshire used to be a reef!

I only mentionned the ice bound planet because you had said about any possible evidence being crushed by upto 2 miles of ice.

I certainly do think if we could drain the seas we would find all sorts of very interesting (and probably totally confusing) stuff.

The North Sea angle is actually quite interesting in that purely since Roman times, over 300 villages / settlements have disappeared form the Yorkshire coast alone due to coastal erosion (and that is during the good climate times). These settlements were all recorded too so it is not idle speculation that they were once there. That would indicate similar happening around the world depending upon coastal geology. And that is just natural erosion, no mega tsunami's from melting ice or comets or whatever. Some of these can very occasionally be seen from the shore during exceptionally low tides.
edit on 7-3-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by txjab512
reply to post by Hanslune

Agreed. But what if their technology was more advanced but not necessarily the same as the what we enjoy today? If that makes any sense. Maybe they could have done all the things we're able to do right now but their technology was based on something other than plastic. Maybe something more biodegradable. Something that didn't necessarily leave the same foot print or evidence/garbage that we leave behind. I know it's a stretch. Just trying to get everyone to think outside the box. Outside the realm of what we know as reality.

Its been considered before

How a civilization can remain undetected
1. have very few people - but this will tend to limit your technological advancement
2. don't make fires
3. don't make pottery or bake clay
4. don't modifiy the environment in any way
5. don't domesticate animals or plants
6. don't eat shell fish (the middens are easy to spot)
7. don't bury people, destroy bodies at death and disperse the bones - crush the teeth
8. absolutely no use of stone for tools, do not modify ivory, bone or shells either
9. never disturb the earth (by driving in a stake)
10. don't hunt animals and if you do widely disperse their remains
11. move constantly to avoid a build-up of waste, both human and food remains
12. don't live near a lake or other place where sediments, pollen and pollutants gather
There if you do all that you'll be fairly undetectable

Civilizations leave massive 'footprints'.

Danbones

You are thinking of the lake port in the Andeans near lake Titicaca

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I think things like this have happened before, many times. Never enough to wipe out ALL the people, but killing and destroying enough to knock the survivors back to the Stone Age. It wouldn't take that much, think of the Dark Ages without even a catastrophe to cause it.

Giant solar flares would crispify the entire Earth. See Mercury for an example. These were more likely plasma strikes, like unimaginably enormous lightning bolts that go on and on, for years. There is plenty of evidence of this happening, if you have an open mind. Giant areas of melted glass in India and the Sahara. Plasma carving of the land, such as the fjords in Norway and the Grand Canyon. Ship Rock in Australia. The Carolina Bays. The Badlands in South Dakota. In fact, the entire American Southwest appears to have been carved up. The geologists all claim it was caused by water erosion. Just think, if the Colorado River carved out the Grand Canyon, (somehow flowing uphill at one part) how come no other river in the world has ever done so?

The Ice Ages. We have good evidence this happened. However, there is no good explanation WHY. If it was caused by variation in the Sun's output, the entire planet would just freeze up. The colder it gets, the less moisture the air can hold. Without moisture, there is no precipitation, as in, snow. It never snows in Antarctica, yet it is covered in glaciers. Glaciers are formed by lots and lots of snow packing down over centuries. Fresh water does not just get sucked up out of the ocean and frozen into glaciers without any precipitation.

North America and Europe were covered with glaciers. However, Siberia, pretty much the coldest part of the world, has never been glaciated. WHY NOT? This would seem to indicate strikes at the magnetic north pole, which makes sense. Or the magnetic south pole, in the case of Antarctica.

A plasma strike in the ocean would boil up millions of tons of water. The cloud cover would lower temperatures for years while more vapor boiled up, dumping snow for years, or even centuries, in a thousand mile radius, creating glaciers. There is no other good explanation.

Ice Ages and Humans .

These type of strikes on the land would carve it up like the American Southwest.

EDM (Electrical Discharge Machining) is a mini version of this. Imagine it on a vast scale. www.edmmachining.com...

hypertherm.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

I think things like this have happened before, many times. Never enough to wipe out ALL the people, but killing and destroying enough to knock the survivors back to the Stone Age. It wouldn't take that much, think of the Dark Ages without even a catastrophe to cause it.

The problem is that there is no evidence that this occurred. We have sites which were occupied for hundreds of thousands of years, no sign of any out of place technology or cycles. Civilization, even small villages leave a archaeological record; that record, as of now, says no sign of repeating civilizations

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
reply to post by CaptChaos

The problem is that there is no evidence that this occurred. We have sites which were occupied for hundreds of thousands of years, no sign of any out of place technology or cycles. Civilization, even small villages leave a archaeological record; that record, as of now, says no sign of repeating civilizations

No evidence? How about the pyramids in Egypt? Nowadays, if they are even the same people as back then, I would say Egypt has been knocked quite a bit backwards.

How about Macchu Picchu? Or, our local megalith, Chichen Itza? There's tons of evidence of highly advanced civilizations that strangely disappeared. In fact there are NO places where there is evidence of occupation for hundreds of thousands of years.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos

No evidence? How about the pyramids in Egypt?

That civilization is not lost and fairly well known

Nowadays, if they are even the same people as back then, I would say Egypt has been knocked quite a bit backwards.

The present day Egyptians have a technology far beyond the AE and they never went back to the stone age when their culture crashed (several times) until they were finally conquered

How about Macchu Picchu? Or, our local megalith, Chichen Itza? There's tons of evidence of highly advanced civilizations that strangely disappeared.

MP is a fairly modern construction and we have a really good idea of what happened to the Incan

In fact there are NO places where there is evidence of occupation for hundreds of thousands of years.

Bolomar caves

Occupied for over 250,000 years

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by txjab512

I always was fascinated by thing like the ships on Farscape, and the Wraith ship from SG Atlantis. If you were using some type of bio-mechanical technology like these were represented, as soon as the organism running it died it would biodegrade, leaving not much left.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join