It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh yeah!, X-5 flare just happened.. May be earth directed, Bring it Sun!!!

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by IZombie
Kind of looks like a scene from the show Andromeda, where the Magog world ship rapes a planet.

Oh geesh you just had to do that. You should be ashamed of yourself putting horrible images into our fear mongering minds.

edit on 8-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Seems to be cable TV outages in SE TX. My company has a 24x7 police force and their cable feed has been down since about 1AM central.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
Can ats please starting cataloging threads like this that make us all look like fools?

10 minutes and acces to google would have prevented the ignorance that allowed this thread to go on for so many pages.

Perhaps in the future, if ats gave a damn, they would take obvious threads like this that are born from straight up ignorance and use them to help their initial slogan.....which was

DENY IGNORANCE

I weep for our future. The Internet, while a good idea, was developed way to early to be of any real use.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

How was this thread based on ignorance? You seem to be the ignorant one. We've just been discussing the possible outcome of the very active sun and the CMEs heading our way. If you have better things to do, I'm sure you know where the power button is on your computer.

Dumb twit.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
NE Pennsyltucky - nothing going on here. Woke up a little early to look outside, alas clouds had moved in overnight. Did notice a little extra static on my drive in this morning, though. No power blinks, and the internaet is fine through my work comp. Will report anything unusual, but as I said yesterday I'm fairly new to all this data. Hoping it will clear up for tonight, but not looking good. Dammit! Really wanted to see the aurora. Guess I'll have to go visit Alaska! LOL!

Mianline- might I offer some advice? Don't get pissed over what you can't control. I see you being upset over some posts by, what are they called..."doomtards" (LOVE that term!!). Just ignore the ignorance. I too see your point, but this is a free speech website after all....

edit on 8-3-2012 by PaTommyJ because: poor typing/proofing...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
The magnetosphere looks pretty cool at the moment.

www2.nict.go.jp...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
This flare will NOT produce any power outages.

I work in emergency management and this isn't the biggest storm I have seen. One in 2002 I dealt with took out some of the grid, but it was minimal. And this solar storm is much smaller than that one

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Well it's not stopping the planes from doing their chemtrails or contrails. Starting to clear up and you can see lines streaking through the sky now.

Dang, think I just went blind going out there.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

The sun has been so intense lately, my girlfriend says she doesn't feel it, but I feel like I'm burned in 5 minutes of exposure, and I'm fairly tan.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by THEDUDE86

I work in emergency management and this isn't the biggest storm I have seen. One in 2002 I dealt with took out some of the grid, but it was minimal. And this solar storm is much smaller than that one

While this may be true, local news in Michigan is reporting the possibility of power outages today due to this last solar flare. They are also already closing some schools...
Is there something we don't know about this?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

Originally posted by diamondsmith

source(www.swpc.noaa.gov...

Now this image totally looks like the Sun is about to explode from the inside out. Oh my goodness. Let's hope not.

Now hang on a second here, stop the fearmongering and stop worrying about all of this, calm down, everything will be fine.

Take a step back for a few minutes, breathe and then ask yourself...

why the hell is the fricken sun GREEN!?

edit on 8-3-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

why the hell is the fricken sun GREEN!?

Irish sun?

Green sometimes is used to indicate sick...so...sick sun?

Nickel burns green...nickel sun?

Why is the sun green?

Oh man...damn lens is green...whew...that could of went so many ways!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_

Originally posted by THEDUDE86

While this may be true, local news in Michigan is reporting the possibility of power outages today due to this last solar flare. They are also already closing some schools...
Is there something we don't know about this?

I'm in Northern Michigan, where are you referring to and what are your sources?

Thanks for the info and looking forward to your update.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Good to see your all still here

Talking about the effect's of the sun, I am in a foul mood today! But i think that might just be me!

Does anyone know if there has been any power out's anywhere yet?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Our local news station is sayingthat it is going to hit this afternoon?

news.stv.tv...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Just had a text message from ORange/Tmobile saying;

"NOTICE - you may be experiencing difficultity with email or internet on your mobile. There is an national outage on mobile data, this is affecting all mobile networks. Apologies for any inconvienience."

The spelling mistakes above are in the original text so if it wasn't merely a notice, I would be questioning it's authenticity :-/ I can't get a data signal in my office anyway as my office block is made of metal and like a Faraday cage! Is anyone in the UK experiencing loss of data?
edit on 8-3-2012 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

Not so far.

Im in NE Scotland.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I'm in the midlands and on T-mobile,
not had any messages stating the network will be down,
and it seems to be working fine .... For now! lol
Fingers crossed eh!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Authenticity? Spelling errors? Do you think T Mobile hires people who are English experts? I think it's real, did you ever call for assistance for a cell phone, those people must rely on energy drinks to survive, they can never get a problem fixed properly and keep telling you things will get better if you get a more expensive package. Do you think these type of rushy people worry about spelling mistakes?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Nothing here either yet, I am in Lincolnshire.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

Authenticity? Spelling errors? Do you think T Mobile hires people who are English experts? I think it's real, did you ever call for assistance for a cell phone, those people must rely on energy drinks to survive, they can never get a problem fixed properly and keep telling you things will get better if you get a more expensive package. Do you think these type of rushy people worry about spelling mistakes?

I've googled the number the text came from - 20100020. It seems other dodgy texts have originated from this number. I don't see what they would gain from it though. It is a business mobile so maybe it only goes out to people of a certain account type. I don't know but nothing on the news about outages yet! I'm hoping for a power cut and an early finish

ETA: Just noticed the number has been used by my company before to send out notifications. It must be the number of a mass texting service usable by different people/ companies. The fact that it must have come from internally within my company would explain the spelling errors!
edit on 8-3-2012 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join