It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retired Generals To Obama: No War With Iran. (2/5/2012)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
I have one question for the Generals:

If the US pulls out of international politics. Who is left to take their place?

Who cares? The US has gone broke doing it, and they're destroying the peace on this planet and their own good name along the way. Let it go, give it up to someone else because unless The good ol USA starts doing the right thing like they claim too do, then they'll never recover from what has become a failure in their foray into International Politics.

The right thing is go back to your constitution, stand up for actual liberty and freedom by fixing your broken country and being an example of democracy and truth. Then maybe the world will follow your lead again, because honestly, we're all in the same boat here and the boat needs a leader not a bully.

Rant done...

Sorry if that sounded angry, but you're statement just came off as so arrogant, like the world couldn't get by without America. We love you guys, but sometimes we could do with out you, you know what I mean?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by CourageousEyesoftheHeart

Sorry if that sounded angry, but you're statement just came off as so arrogant, like the world couldn't get by without America. We love you guys, but sometimes we could do with out you, you know what I mean?

I'm not from America, but it's just a question I had. If the US vacated the world stage there would be a power vacuum. It almost seems like it has gone past a point of no return.

It would be great to see someone like Ron Paul as a leader, sticking by the US constitution, not involving the country in everyone elses affairs, and having a country that relies on it's own worth to build its value, I just don't see it happening in the current climate.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
It is clear from policy briefs available to the public and other such supporting material that it is not in the US´s best interest to respond with a military option in Iran. I am glad that some generals are not the traitors I see the other side being for blindly wanting to send in our troops into harm's way just to secure financial stability.

I believe the time calls for intelligence not strength. I thank these true Americans for voicing the concerns of their country and not those of a foreign power.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Lol. Diplomacy failed with Iran a long time ago. It only takes 5% enriched Uranium to create energy for peaceful purposes. Iran stating they had achieved 20% enrichment was boldly stating they intend to create nuclear weapons. Last week when Ahmajinedad announced that Irans nuclear program was "fully operational" he was stating that they are able to create weaponsgrade enriched uranium. At 20% enrichment you can start creating warheads to be fitted to missles like Shahab-3 that are capable of carrying a nuclear payload. You have to pay attention to words like "fully operational", narcissists like to play with words because they think everyone else is stupid and can't figure out what theyre talking about, and Ahmajinedad is a narcissist.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I really think that the OP didn't read CAREFULLY what the retired generals said.

I personaly believe it is a weak propaganda, but still propaganda.

"Unless we or an ally is attacked, war should be the option of last resort".

Now, is Israel an ally of the US ? Yes, it is.Does it say ANYWHERE that an ally (Israel in this case) is attacked FIRST or in RETALIATION ? Nope.

So, if Israel hits iranian nuclear sites (some of them, Israel don't have the capability to hit all) with succes, partial suuces or total failure, i bet my house that Iran will retaliate.
If a false-flag occurs, Iran war is a go.
If disinformation / military moves force Iran to hit first (i know, they not stupid, but it is a posibility), war is a go.

In other words, what the retired generals said, is that a US first strike on Iran is UNNECESARY and DANGEROUS..."Unless we or an ally is attacked''.So, let Israel strike Iran first and see what happends next, or stage a false-flag.

The generals are NOT AGAINST a war with Iran.They are against a war with Iran UNLESS WE (false-flag) OR AN ALLY (Israel hits first and will be hit in retaliations) IS ATTACKED.

There you go my friend.Reading CAREFULLY the entire article is BETTER than only reading the HEADLINE .

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
This appears to be a mindtrick to convince people that when war does eventually break out, all diplomatic options were exhausted.

Meanwhile, the truth would probably be that during the talks, Ahmedinejad probably said some truth that the US and Israel didn't like, so they walked out of the negotiations...
edit on 7/3/12 by NuclearPaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Recollector
I really think that the OP didn't read CAREFULLY what the retired generals said.

I personaly believe it is a weak propaganda, but still propaganda.

"Unless we or an ally is attacked, war should be the option of last resort".

Now, is Israel an ally of the US ? Yes, it is.Does it say ANYWHERE that an ally (Israel in this case) is attacked FIRST or in RETALIATION ? Nope.

So, if Israel hits iranian nuclear sites (some of them, Israel don't have the capability to hit all) with succes, partial suuces or total failure, i bet my house that Iran will retaliate.
If a false-flag occurs, Iran war is a go.
If disinformation / military moves force Iran to hit first (i know, they not stupid, but it is a posibility), war is a go.

In other words, what the retired generals said, is that a US first strike on Iran is UNNECESARY and DANGEROUS..."Unless we or an ally is attacked''.So, let Israel strike Iran first and see what happends next, or stage a false-flag.

The generals are NOT AGAINST a war with Iran.They are against a war with Iran UNLESS WE (false-flag) OR AN ALLY (Israel hits first and will be hit in retaliations) IS ATTACKED.

There you go my friend.Reading CAREFULLY the entire article is BETTER than only reading the HEADLINE .

Actually I did read it. Soory if you felt mislead by the title. I was just trying to keep it short and simple. As I said in the OP. This was ran as an add and I don't know if it is true or not. I am still looking for a different source and have yet to find one. If it is just propaganda and I find proof of that I will gladly post it here. I just wanted people to see that not everyone in the military is evil that's, all. I have no agenda other than that. Thank you for telling me how you feel though.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies everyone. It's good to get others input. I am still looking for a good source for the info and have yet to find one so who knows how real it is or not. I do know that this wouldn't be the first time that general grade officers have stood up to Obama.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

With all due respect, I enjoy reading posts like yours.

First, you come forward as one of those people who think Iran is actually a serious threat, which by itself undermines all the rest of your opinions.

Then, you claim that they actually want weapon grade uranium, when they have showed nothing to make people believe that. And if I would confront you with the same old question of "why shouldn't they own a nuke?", you will provably come forward with the usual arguments that it's a dangerous regime and all that.

To me, this is all laughable. It's hilarious to see how people get lost in logic just because they want to justify their opinions and points of view, beliefs if you want to call them that.

People claim that Iran is a retarded country, that they would be unable to retain a nuke without using it, and thus, creating utter chaos in the world. And in the same paragraph, people are brave enough to imply that Iran, the same retarded country that can't be responsible enough to hold a nuke in their pockets, was able to develop and put into function a nuclear weapons program, one of the most advanced things that a country can achieve in terms of technology.

If they are so retarded, how did they manage to fool everyone? How did they manage to develop effective nuclear weapons when ALL previous countries needed at least several bomb tests, that were detected by every other nation in the world, plus IAEA watchdogs?

The logic behind Iran's accusations is at the very least, pathetic.

I'm not judging, nor criticizing your opinion. For all I know, I would agree with you if I had the same information you provably base yourself upon. I'm not calling you ignorant by any means.

But, I'm one of those people that devours newspapers, and I'm perfectly aware of how they are manipulated. So I usually go "left to right" in the globe. I read US media, then European, some African and then I read both Middle East and Eastern Europe media.

In the end, you can take your own conclusions, and I assure you, that the most common conclusion that people who educate them-selfs about world politics, DO NOT consider Iran a threat. All their moves have been pro-peace so far, and if people want to accuse them of having special agents and proxy terrorist groups, then people also need to accuse 90% of the world nations, since every single country has them, directly or indirectly.

People should ask them-selfs why other people who have nothing to gain from the destruction of Iran, don't actually want an Iran war. This thread isn't about a stupid loud mouth like Alex Jones or whatever. These are respected, retired Generals that are trying to give a voice of reason to their effective leader and president.

When the people that command soldiers in battle start waving flags saying "we don't need this war", people should listen.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

I wasn't making claims in the op except the fact that I don't kinow if this is real or not. I actually agree with you on just about everything you said. I don't view Iran as a threat. At least not at this time. And I always ask the question, If we abd other countries have nukes, what right do we have to tell others they can't. If it were up to me I would destroy every nuke on the planet.

When the people that command soldiers in battle start waving flags saying "we don't need this war", people should listen.

That is in my opinion the best statement made. I just hope that if this is real that Obama will listen to them. Fat chance but we can always hope. Thanks for your input.
edit on 7/3/12 by usmc0311 because: fixed quote

I just realized you were responding to someone else. Sorry, anyway we are in agreement.
edit on 7/3/12 by usmc0311 because: added content.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
the potus- AKA (also known as) is a puppet for the nwo - who believe in debt and death.
'...beware of the military industrial complex...' IKE

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Uranium must be refined to at least 90 percent u235 to make a bomb. an easy to make bomb, by the way, read ted taylor, in the new yorker, 30 some years ago.
90 percent u235 is easily tested for... just one particle in the air, swabs, in refuse confirms it.
So Iaea inspections would work.
my opinion is that Ahmandinjad is likely a tool to keep attention on Iran as a possible threat to oil production in the mid east. in order to keep prices up. The close the straits of hormuz is an oil price gambit, not a real military threat.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
It is as if Israeli human beings do not exist with this subject.How manty times do people argue about this and ignore WW2 and Hitlers threats as well as Amadinejad delcaring in speeches he will wipe Israel out of exstence.No country on the entire planet will tolerate another country especially one who lives right beside them with threats to wipe them from exsitence and laugh at it like it is just some jolly ole politcal sword fighting and jibberish.
No country on the planet threatening to wipe out an entire nation of people from existence except Iran.The bad thing is Egypt.Syria and other muslim controlled nations will support Iran if this ever happens.Hezbollah will jump on board with Iran as well as Palestine.We are living in some denial fake world who does not understand the politics in the Islam world.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Also Palestine president, if anyone ever took the time to look it up, made it clear He will never recognize Israel as a nation.What the hell is the difference between saying that and Iran saying they want to wipe out Israel off the map.
edit on 7-3-2012 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by usmc0311

Lol. Diplomacy failed with Iran a long time ago. It only takes 5% enriched Uranium to create energy for peaceful purposes. Iran stating they had achieved 20% enrichment was boldly stating they intend to create nuclear weapons. Last week when Ahmajinedad announced that Irans nuclear program was "fully operational" he was stating that they are able to create weaponsgrade enriched uranium. At 20% enrichment you can start creating warheads to be fitted to missles like Shahab-3 that are capable of carrying a nuclear payload. You have to pay attention to words like "fully operational", narcissists like to play with words because they think everyone else is stupid and can't figure out what theyre talking about, and Ahmajinedad is a narcissist.

Last time I read 20% enriched is used for medical isotopes and you need 90% for a weapon...it also been stated also that they abandoned their weapon program in 2003. That's probably why nobody has any evidence that they have a bomb or pursing one.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
It is as if Israeli human beings do not exist with this subject.How manty times do people argue about this and ignore WW2 and Hitlers threats as well as Amadinejad delcaring in speeches he will wipe Israel out of exstence.No country on the entire planet will tolerate another country especially one who lives right beside them with threats to wipe them from exsitence and laugh at it like it is just some jolly ole politcal sword fighting and jibberish.
No country on the planet threatening to wipe out an entire nation of people from existence except Iran.The bad thing is Egypt.Syria and other muslim controlled nations will support Iran if this ever happens.Hezbollah will jump on board with Iran as well as Palestine.We are living in some denial fake world who does not understand the politics in the Islam world.

Amadinejad didn't say Israel should be wiped off the map that just with western media tells you. He wants the Israel regime removed from the pages of time. Again that a big difference from wanting Israel wiped out the map as opposed as they rather have a new government there.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by txraised254

Amadinejad didn't say Israel should be wiped off the map that just with western media tells you. He wants the Israel regime removed from the pages of time. Again that a big difference from wanting Israel wiped out the map as opposed as they rather have a new government there.

Why would they want that.Israel is a democracy moron.I cannot stand the stupidity with this subject.Iran.Syria.Hezbollah.Egypt as well as many more players will destroy Israel.meaning mass murder jews if they are allowed.

ISRAEL does not need fixed it is a democracy!!!!!!!!!!! What the hell is wrong with people with this part of the world.
edit on 7-3-2012 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I guess you just force Israel and demand them to have a new government or else we will destroy and kill you all.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Jobeycool

Why would they want that.Israel is a democracy moron.

I suppose you don't know what cronyism is then right?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I guess you just force Israel and demand them to have a new government or else we will destroy and kill you all.

sounds like our slogan here in America but I can see your line of thinking "Do as I say not as I do."

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join