It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The dangers of McCains call for military action in Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
On Monday Senator McCain called for immediate military intervention in Syria in order to stop the deaths of thousands of civilians in that country. I have been following the situation in Syria as well as Iran very closely for quite some time now and I truly believe that it is inevitable that we will soon be engaged in major conflict with both of those nations.

While it is inevitable it is not necessarily unavoidable, in fact I believe that TPTB in our government are doing all that they can to design a set of circumstances that will lead us into an "unavoidable" conflict and McCain has been chosen to be their "rightous defender of liberty". Now I am in no way an Iranian sympathizer but I do have sympathy for the citizens of Iran because regardless of the intent of their government, they are people just like all of us and can do very little to stop the will of their government. The Iranian government is just as guilty of wrong doing as any other government is, the difference is that they refuse to play by the majority's rules so it is now time to take them out.

It would seem that in response to McCains call for military intervention, Iran's Deputy Foreign Minister for Middle East and Africa has made his own statement:

Moscow, March 6, IRNA -- Iran’s Deputy Foreign Minister for Middle East and North of Africa Hossein Amir Abdollahian said on Tuesday that any military action on Syria is tantamount to playing with fire.

Islamic Republic News Agency Article
Russia concerned over foreign intervention in Syria

Now I am sure that McCain is aware of the statement made by Abdollahian, and am sure that McCain along with the rest of our leaders in DC is also aware of the potential that military action in Syria could have in drawing the Iranians into the conflict due to their support of the Syrian regime. I also believe that this is exactly the plan by TPTB in order to enter into a campaign against Iran and still look like the good guy to the world stage.

If we do engage in military actions against Syria and Iran interferes in any way, or actually does attack one of our ships or our aircraft then we will "have" to go to war with Iran. This seems to me to be a much more feesable scenario than a false flag attack. After all, just as an enemy of my enemy is my friend, a friend of my enemy is also my enemy. So what better way to kick off a war with Iran than to launch military intervention against Syria?

This brings me to the hypocracy of McCain's statement regarding "saving innocent lives". If this is the scenario that we end up seeing unfold then it could and I very much think will, cost exponentially more innocent lives than what has been lost in Syria. The deputy chairman of Iran’s Joint Chiefs of Staff said that Iran will give a firm response to any possible military threats. Iran's Brigadier General Masoud Jazayeri has also issued statements regarding any military action against Iran.

TEHRAN – Islamic Revolution Guards Corps Brigadier General Masoud Jazayeri said on Monday that if the enemies “make a mistake” in their military threats against the Islamic Republic of Iran, all their interests with be seriously threatened.

Tehran Times Article

I believe the "new global realities" that Jazayeri are referring to are the strong ties between Iran and Russia, China, and Latin America. Putin has released several statements concerning Russia's support for Iran, not to mention that Russia is heavily invested in the Iranian nuclear program with as much as $1 billion being invested in it.

Berlin, Mar 6, IRNA -- Newly-elected Russian President Vladimir Putin on Tuesday acknowledged Iran's right to have national nuclear program.

Islamic Republic News Agency Article

TEHRAN – Chinese Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi said on Tuesday that his country defends Tehran’s right to access nuclear technology meant for peaceful purposes.

LINK

China is also considering investing in 20 Iranian Petrochemical plants and would stand to lose a substantial investment if America was indeed to go to war with Iran. This would also seem to explain China's vetoing of UN sanctions as well as the Chinese support of Irans nuke program.

TEHRAN - Chinese companies have announced readiness to invest in 20 petrochemical plans in Iran, Fars news agency quoted Iranian Oil Minister Rostam Qasemi as saying, without giving any further details.

Tehran Times

As we all know, Iran has become increasingly close with Venezuala as well as Cuba. It would also weem that they are getting closer with Ecuador, Bolivia, Mexico, Brazil, and Nicaragua.

“The high ranking politicians in all these countries have voiced support for Iran’s peaceful nuclear program, despite the US-Israeli broad-scale poisonous propagation against it.”

Iran-Latin America relations

When, not if our government goes onto insitute military intervention in Syria, we could very well see the beginning of a quite possibly severe conflict that may very well escalate beyond the area of the Mid-East. Has everyone in our government forgotten the Cuban Missle Crisis? I am not saying that it is a definate that a repeat could occur but it is a possibility.

The fact is that Iran has many alliances that are very close to home for us and those alliances provide economic encentives to all parties involved and help to free the Latin American countries from "American Imperialism". I am not trying to fearmonger as I have seen war and never wish it on anyone, but it would seem that our leaders are ignoring the evidence that is right in front of their face and risking the death of what could turn out to be millions just to fullfill their agenda.

Honestly, Syria is in bad shape but they posess no nukes and are not a direct threat to the US or our allies, so what is the justification for intervention? If our government suddenly wants to be the hero and help people that are being mistreated and abused then there are plenty of other countries/places they can start. Hell I would suggest they start right here at home.

But sadly the arguement given and justification provided by McCain and others is nothing more than a lie to gain the sympathy of Americans in hopes that we will support this underhanded attempt to start a war with Iran. I just wish someone with some sanity would step up and stop this before it's too late, but I'm afraid we have passed the point of no return.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The dangers of McCains call for military action in Syria is the fact that this nut still has any political influence. You tend to notice a lot of these political figures have no concern for the fragile foreign and economic state of the U.S. What's even more disturbing is the fact that the same men seem to push for military action at any chance they get despite the economic and foreign consequences. Makes you wonder how much they really have to gain from putting the the U.S.'s world wide standing at risk time and time again with no regard to said consequences.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Additionally, how do we know that Syria or Iran does not have stolen nuclear bomb grade fuel from the Soviet collapse? For all we know they could have these in cities across our country and would have them be detonated should we attack.

Just a thought before we spend another few trillion dollars we don't have to do something we shouldn't do. Sympathy to the people of Syria, but this is your fight - I don't expect you to come stop our own tyrannical government practices either.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
and to think he was so close to being the president...

and most military men dont support continued military aggression
i heard mccain was brainwashed tho by with psy-ops
www.rollingstone.com...

anywho its unfortunate theres no real difference between republicans and democrats...
obama will most likely be making the same call by the spring/summer

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
It is prudent for U.S./Israel to observe and study carefully what's happening in Syria. They might end up supporting the wrong side, at least on Israel's behalf. The following video shows the anti-Assad Syrian rebels giving the Nazi (Sieg Heil) salute.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Who cares? He's one senator and he has no backing and no power. So what who cares what he calls for?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Everybody's waiting for Iran to go off.They want the troops to be ready in case they need them.No way.

top topics

join