It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liam Neeson may convert to Islam: Actor says he’s considered ‘becoming a Muslim’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Why would a, modern intelligent man, considering to become a Muslim’ ?

“The call to prayer happens five times a day, and for the first week, it drives you crazy, and then it just gets into your spirit, and it’s the most beautiful, beautiful thing,” he told the newspaper.“There are 4,000 mosques in the city,” he added. “Some are just stunning, and it really makes me think about becoming a Muslim.

Daily News

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
"Neeson Islam"

I think people want to feel a sense of community, as well as the desire to pass some of the responsibilities of living on to an organization. If you belong to something that tells you what is right, you dont have to venture into thinking for yourself, you just act accordingly and feel that fulfilment. This is not always the case, but often enough people join religious groups, go to university, join the millitary, call themselves republican etc.... so they dont have to think for themselves.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DumbTopSecretWriters
Why would a, modern intelligent man, considering to become a Muslim’ ?

Why would a modern, intelligent man consider becoming a Christian? A Jew? An Athiest? None of the above? My guess is something in their teachings resonated with him and is helping him to connect with his true self. He's a grown man, this was not a hasty decision, I assure you.

Becoming Muslim is not something I would consider because it does not resonate with me, but I don't understand why it's not okay for someone else to become Muslim if it suits their own personal beliefs?

We're all just people.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Possibly a deep undercover ?
Just a WAG

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Makes sense, it's one of the most violent ones out there.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Makes sense, it's one of the most violent ones out there.

And is the least tolerant of those who do not partake of their beliefs

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
If i were looking to commit mass murder, i'd consider Islam.
If i were looking to murder homosexuals, i'd consider Islam.
If i were looking to oppress women's rights i'd consider Islam.
If i were looking to stand around all day and do nothing for a government check i'd consider Islam.
If i were looking to deprive other people of their religious beliefs by forcing Sharia Law onto them i'd consider Islam.
If i were looking to stone a woman to death who commited adultery i'd consider Islam.
If i were looking to kill my children in an honor killing because they refused to obey me i'd consider Islam.
If i were looking to kill my daughter because she married an infidel i'd consider Islam.
If i were looking to kill some jews i'd consider Islam.
If i were looking to deprive the jews of their right to rebuild their Temple i'd consider Islam.
If i were looking to start a riot because some jew decided to whisper a prayer on temple mount, i'd consider Islam.
If i were looking to murder someone i didn't know because someone else i didn't know burned a Quran i'd consider Islam.
If i were looking to burn some christians bibles while they helplessly watch and do nothing, while i get angry and go kill someone who burned my Quran, i'd consider Islam.
If i were looking to have 12 children when i couldn't afford to feed 2 i'd consider Islam.

edit on 7-3-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

and if you were looking to kill people in the name of god, would you become christian?
if you were looking to get it on with young boys and have your bosses cover for you, would you become a priest?

if you were looking to spread herpes to newborn boys, killing them (see the NY Daily news), would you become a mohel?

there's bad in all faiths but, for most folks, the good outshines the bad and that is why people continue to follow.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

That kind of hatred coming from you is not new
stop the racism for once and give developed argument not only bashing a billion of muslim
in every religion we have extremist (crazy people) dont generalise

Liam Neeson is a great respectfull actor .. if he decide to convert to islam
then you should respect him or any other person

when i read your post .. you are now saying that Liam is a terrorist ?

Crackeur .. your herpes comment is disturbing .. to the new born ... wth
but wouldnt be surprise of it .. some people are really mad in their head

edit on 3/7/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
This wouldn't even be a story if it was "Liam Neeson may convert to Christianity"

Who cares?

Really.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Crackeur .. your herpes comment is disturbing .. to the new born ... wth
but wouldnt be surprise of it .. some people are really mad in their head

not the first time a story about a mohel passing along the STD has hit the papers. Some orthodox faction of judaism have this ritual where the mohel sucks the blood from the circumcision and there have been cases where the mohel has herpes and, in the case in today's paper, the kid contracted it and died from it.

Crazy stuff for sure but, as I said, it's a tiny portion of the jewish community that practices this. Much like the other examples I mentioned represent a tiny portion of the overall communty.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

sucks the blood from the circumcision

now thats disturbing
im gonna throw up my italian poutine

i was raised has a catholic
when i was young the nuns in my school
made us pray 4 times a day

i didnt become extremist and it didnt help me having faith in the Creator
so many religions .. why .. there is only ONE GOD

just look all the priests that have sexualy abuse young boys and girls

sick world we live in

we really cant trust anyone these day

top topics

join