It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attraction And Race

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowlord

Some brutal honesty is always a breath of fresh air to me. Not many people these days are willing to admit to things like that, not PC enough.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I've never really sat down and thought, "Why do I like this man over this man?" At least not when we're talking about physical attributes such as race, weight, etc.

For instance, I'm attracted to brunettes more than blondes. However, that doesn't mean I would never date a blonde in my life. I've found some blonde men handsome, but generally the brunettes do it for me on a physical level. What we find attractive in other people is probably a combination of personal taste, personality, the environment you were raised in, and possibly even genetic. (I hear the science behind attraction is becoming more complex.)

I don't think who you are attracted too is a matter of choice. You like what you like. Now if you only find Caucasians attractive and secretly think the KKK has a nifty ideology, maybe it would stand to reason that your choice in women is far less innocent than it would seem.

However, if you're like any ordinary man or woman who just happens to be attracted more to those from your own race, there's no harm in that.

A person earlier said she hated it when men would go up to women of different races and basically declare their lack of interest meant the woman was racist. I think that type of mentality is unfair as well.

Who am I to say your attraction to white/black/thin/bbw/etc is any more or less legitimate than the type of men I find attractive? It's simply a matter of taste in the end.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I have dated mostly asians in the last couple of years (im in asia afterall Duh!).

But i can say that i prefer asians. They dont grow old so quickly. Comapred to russian/arabic people for example.
edit on 6-3-2012 by Inesophet because: grammar

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Shadowlord

Some brutal honesty is always a breath of fresh air to me. Not many people these days are willing to admit to things like that, not PC enough.

politically correct ???? nope not from me hehe my pick up lines would make a nun blush.. as would the talents I look for in women. find it quite amusing that the most politically correct women also the easiest to corrupt
edit on 7-3-2012 by Shadowlord because: spelling... lack of absinthe

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

reply to post by Taupin Desciple

You go through like a thought process to decide if you are attracted to someone or not?

Not on a physical level, no. They're either attractive to me or not. I like women who have a little meat on their bones. Always have. Not overweight mind you, just.......healthy. But I'm at the age now where I'm not really looking for one night stands. Been there done that. It would make me look kind of pathetic if I did.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MissDirtySouth

I am with you on the brunettes, dark brown hair is my favorite it seems now that I actually think about it. Never really thought about it much before.

In the end, I boubt we will ever have the human brain figured out. It is faster than the fastest computers out there, amazing things they are.

Haha, funny thing is, I have known some crazy redneck racists in my time, and I have even caught them looking at some of the darker skinned beauties that caught my eye. Of course they would never ever admit to it.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Inesophet

I have never heard that one before, that's intriguing. You mean showing signs of aging such as wrinkles and grey hair and such?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Yeah looking for relationship opens up a whole nother can of worms. Lots more on the table to think about than just looks for sure.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Backstory: Today someone said I am probably a racist, because I have never dated outside my own race. Myself, I find the idea absurd, that someone could equate not being sexually attracted to people outside your race as hating other races. But it did give me an idea for this thread. Collecting data is fun, and I have always been very interested in psychology.

1) Do you find yourself attracted to any race more than others?

2) Does it happen to be the race you were born into?

3) Do you believe that we somehow choose who were are attracted to?

4) Any thoughts you have about the topic you think might bring up some interesting discussion?

Thanks for participating in my thread to those that do

edit on Mon, 05 Mar 2012 13:58:38 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

I am attracked to personalities and attitude more than appearance or...race; although I do have some things I like over other things. Yet my tastes are all over the place. For example....I find Denzel Washington extremely attractive....Oded Fehr (pretty unknown, look him up) and Edward Norton Jr extremly attractive and a whole bunch of varying people in between....completely different ends of the spectrum in every sense.....

In my family I was raised to never ever EVER date outside of my race. In fact it was grilled into me by my grandparents as a young kid...my family (on both sides) are of European decent and were almost militant about it...

With that said, I have dated outside my "race".....

1) Do you find yourself attracted to any race more than others? no

2) Does it happen to be the race you were born into? no

3) Do you believe that we somehow choose who were are attracted to? nope, for me, it is like I said earlier, personality, attitude

4) Any thoughts you have about the topic you think might bring up some interesting discussion? see above
edit on March 7th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Oh very very interesting! How do you discern that by looking at a person? Is it intuitive body language reading perhaps? I find body language a very interesting subject myself, as it does relate to psychology quite a bit.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Oh very very interesting! How do you discern that by looking at a person? Is it intuitive body language reading perhaps? I find body language a very interesting subject myself, as it does relate to psychology quite a bit.

yeah, body language, expressions, how one carries themselves....grant it those are people (that i listed) ive never met in person, so meerly an example based on looks or what has been seen from afar.....

with that said, I understand people staying w/in race....because many "races" come with family cultures...and not everyone is willing to submit to another's culture (religious practice, traditions, food, etc).......i find nothing wrong with that.....and i personally factor that into anyone i would be involved with too....
edit on March 7th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

How do you feel about dating disapearing cats with a nice grin?

Once ye go Cat... you'll never turn back

edit on 7-3-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I have never heard that one before, that's intriguing. You mean showing signs of aging such as wrinkles and grey hair and such?

Yep in my experience at least many still are highly viable even in their 50`s however i cant say this of course for everyone. some age faster some slower.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I'm the opposite I find it real hard to be attracted to my own race (I'm white) I prefer most other races, preferrably tanned or brown, and I'm not into blondes I prefer brunettes. And I prefer curvy chicks like yeah with a bit of meat on their bones, not fat but not skinny know what I mean?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by doodles40

Definately not the first white guy that I have heard that from

A lot of white guys seem to like Jennifer Lopez

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Maybe that is what I should shoot for then

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

reply to post by doodles40

Definately not the first white guy that I have heard that from

A lot of white guys seem to like Jennifer Lopez

Definately

That ass is fantastic

Sorry just being truthful
Funny you should say that too I had an ex that looked kinda like her

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

#1 i see beauty where i see it, thats it. maybe things in our childhood reach us now in this way such as little crushes, maybe a girl/boy from a different race made a very posotive imppresion on you in some way so you lean towards that type, perhaps you only were around your own race and never build any attraction to another or oppositly, are more attracted because it's new and mysterious which i've joked with a black friend about recently,(i'm white, and no he didnt lose his mind and call me a racist, he took/takes it as intended and like a man not an infant:lol

i could go on and on if i invested the time but im sure you guys get the point
edit on 14-3-2012 by robbyraw because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Some great issues raised here. Personally I fall for beautiful girls wherever they may come from, though I must also admit that the Japanese have amazingly beautiful women. (I, by the way, am white and married to a Japanese lady). I would also like to point out, though, that an instant attraction is far different to an emotive one. There have been countless times a girl has caught my eye in a huge way, and within a 5 minute conversation the attraction has fizzled. Likewise, I have met and worked with girls who I wouldn't say I was attracted to physically straight away however, as I got to know them better, found the attraction growing to a point that sometimes it almost became a situation of lust! So I guess there's so many factors involved, but as far as being a racist, my feeling is that it would be true if you chose to look only at a particular race of the opposite sex and deny any attraction that arose from someone from a different country.
Just my two cents...love, what can it not conquer?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
whoever said that is pretty ignorant.

perhaps the chance to date another race has never shown itself??

I would date a girl of any ethnicity if there was a true connection.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join