It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attraction And Race

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

1) Do you find yourself attracted to any race more than others?
No if a guy is hot then i am attracted to him. But honestly there are a few races that i am just not attracted to.

2) Does it happen to be the race you were born into?
I am attracted to guys from my own race but also guys from other races.

3) Do you believe that we somehow choose who were are attracted to?
Yeah I think we get the idea of the perfect guy or girl in our mind and sort of gravitate towards people that fit the bill. But i dont think we necessarily choose who we fall in love with.

4) Any thoughts you have about the topic you think might bring up some interesting discussion?
I think it is ridiculous how people cant have a preference anymore without being racist. I didnt vote for Obama and of course everyone called me a racist but i just didnt like his views. I would vote for Condoleezza Rice if she ran for president. Also i would like for it to be cleared up that there is no such thing as reverse racism so people should stop pulling out that card.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by eyesontheskies

No kidding.

I didn't vote for Obama because he was a do nothing congressman, so I knew he'd be a do nothing President.
But, I'd have voted for Collin Powell in a New York minute.
Unlike some (who voted for Obama JUST because he was black) I choose a President based on who I feel has the best interests of this nation in his heart, and who has a keen mind and plan to fix what's wrong.

Now, you may look at my sig and go "That guy can't win", and you're right, he can't. However, I vote for who I feel will do the best job, not for who the media tells me I have to pick from or who looks good in a suit. If more people did likewise, maybe we wouldn't be in the mess we're in now.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I also am not attracted to people different than my own race. I feel it's a personal choice and my business. I would not be comfortable dating someone of a different race.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

God did not intend us to all start breeding with each other so that every race on this planet would become extinct.

Some people are strongly attracted to people of a specific race which they do not belong to and when they cant get the one they have set their eyes on they stoop to blackmail ie you wont date me because of my race…how low can a person stoop, how pathetic!

I would tell that person to go jump!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

1) Do you find yourself attracted to any race more than others?

Race isn't important to me.. this will sound "cheesy" but it's a truth for me --> what's under their skin tone is of more value to me.

2) Does it happen to be the race you were born into?

See first answer for this answer.

3) Do you believe that we somehow choose who we are attracted to?

I think to a degree we have influence (experiences, values, opinions, beliefs, goals etc.) in the decision but ultimately in the end the heart wants what the heart wants.

4) Any thoughts you have about the topic you think might bring up some interesting discussion?

I admit I only skimmed through the previous posts for the most part but two things stood out to me...
1st, the eye fetish that was a new thing to most responding..really..that surprised me, as I too really like eyes but mine is a bit different in that color isn't important, for me it's the "sparkle" in them that I find attractive...after all they say the eyes are the window to the soul. To maybe through another unique one out there, I also enjoy the small of a woman's back ( It's a little more difficult to explain this one as it is more of a feeling rather than a visual thing).
2nd, I'm also surprised that the topic leaned so much more towards "physical" attractions (yes I understand that it is a component of the topic) but not towards any "cultural" attractions. I'd be interested to hear if anyone has any cultural likes or dislikes in regards to how they answered the questions posted by the OP?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Ericthenewbie

When you say “cultural attraction” what specifically do you mean? Would, per se, my choosing a woman of Hungarian descent of less physical attractiveness over a more physically attractive non-Hungarian woman count? Or did you mean something quite different? For me, since Hungary is my ancestral homeland and the foreign culture I find to be most interesting; the women of that culture are so much more attractive to me simply for being a part of that culture. Some people may not understand, others probably will.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Ericthenewbie

I would also like to know what you mean by culteral attraction. It seems like an interesting spinoff to discuss, I am just not sure exactly what you mean by it.

If I am reading into it correctly, on top of mostly being drawn toward white more, specifically though, hot active country girls are the best. Loves hunting, fishing, hiking, offroading etc etc. Total blast
Is that what you mean by culteral?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Misoir/TKDRL,

I just found that posters were highlighting a lot of "physical" attributes to describe their attractions but I found that to be a bit shallow as attraction encompasses so much more than just what the eye sees. Both of you are heading in the right direction by what I was getting at by "cultural" attraction, more so TKDRL based on his comment about liking white country girls "Loves hunting, fishing, hiking, offroading etc etc." those to me would represent mostly small town culture versus bigger city culture as a general description in North America. Just as general examples to help clarify my definition of cultural attraction a bit further, it could range from that culture's religious beliefs, political views,their history, their cuisine, their family structures, what they consider to be entertainment etc.....something about the race you find attractive that is unique to that race's culture. Say if a female said they liked Canadian guys, a cultural example could be because most of them play hockey and she is a fan of hockey. Does that help clarify my meaning behind "cultural" attractions?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

well i am a young Africa american women born into a you must marry your race type of family, but i have found that i am attracted to caucasian " white" men i have never been attracted to black men nor do i think i will ever be. you arent a racist if you only date inside your race its the morals that you live by but some people do it and like dating outside their race and some dont at all and have no desire to do it at all

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join