It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attraction And Race

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyberdaz

DAMN IT!! doeasnt anyone even know what racist means???! i'll put the definition for everyone...

1. racism - the prejudice that members of one race are intrinsically superior to members of other races
2. racism - discriminatory or abusive behavior towards members of another race

-thier are broader definitions but i'll keep it simple

edit on 14-3-2012 by robbyraw because: ahh!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyberdaz

Yeah, looking for a relationship, and looking for a night of fun are usually two different things lol.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by robbyraw

Physical attraction has always been an instant thing for me. Either it's there in the first second, or it isn't. After physical attraction, from there I figure out if they are worth it as a whole person.
edit on Thu, 15 Mar 2012 00:10:04 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

now days for me, attraction has to be both ways.similar to what another guy posted, i've met/hooked up with hot girls that turned ugly as sin as soon as they showed thier snotty b*tch additudes or were just plain boring or dumb. honestly thats the problem with my relationship, my girl can be VERY sexy and we have alot of fun that way, but shes stupid as f*ck and only wants to watch jersey shore and drink all the time. thats lame as hell to me.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by robbyraw

Yeah been there. Try to have a serious conversation about politics or a book, and eyes glaze right over

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

hahaha!
deer in the headlights dude! she cant comprehend a view outside of what mommy taught her if her life depended on it, and if we have an argument i just have to use big words and its over! ahh yeah, good head though

edit on 15-3-2012 by robbyraw because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Inesophet

I have never heard that one before, that's intriguing. You mean showing signs of aging such as wrinkles and grey hair and such?

Yes, that's right, I'm an American Male, Half American Indian and Half German. I'm Old OK
I Look Old, But I've always had this thing for Asian Women.
After being married to a Burnett Beauty, We went our separate ways after 12 years in the early 70's, then our Government sent me to China for a while

I meet my wife or should I say she meet me or should I say,,, we caught each other keeping an eye on each other

My wife last year fishing with friends of ours from the Old Days, Please, Please Don't Tell Her I posted a Picture of her,,, she is on ATS very often and has friends here,,,,,

edit on 15-3-2012 by guohua because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-3-2012 by guohua because: spelling and link check

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

1) Do you find yourself attracted to any race more than others?

Well what does one consider to be a race? Some for instance break it down to White, Black, Hispanic, Asian, etc… I however consider race in the rather larger scope where it is broken down into Caucasoid, Negroid, and Mongoloid; Hispanics (Latin America) are mostly mixed race (Mestizo, Mulatto) or Mongoloid (Native Indian). With that in mind, I do have an attraction to only one race in this context, which is Caucasoid.

Generally I find the most attractive women to be Slavs and Hungarians. Although there are beautiful women from Northern India, Iran, Syria, Egypt, and so on; there is no general rule for why I find a woman attractive.

2) Does it happen to be the race you were born into?

Yes, it does happen to be the race I was born into. I especially find attractive women of my own ethnic heritage too, but there are so few in the United States so being picky is not really an option.

3) Do you believe that we somehow choose who were are attracted to?

We often choose but sometimes it just is chosen for us. We may set up barriers but I believe you can be a racist yet still be subconsciously attracted to a woman of a different race while a person who has not one racist bone in his body can be attracted to only women of a specific ethnicity.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Nice catch, both the fish and the woman

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I might have to do a bit of research, on those mongoloid etc race groups, sounds interesting.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

A bright eye fetish, that is one I never heard before, very interesting. Any particular color, or it just has to be a light shade?

Any light shade. My wife has light hazel eyes, I have light blue eyes (with a ring of green around the pupil).

Light eyes and shadowy makeup and I'm a sucker for that.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

i'll bet thats the most universal statement on here!
\

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Backstory: Today someone said I am probably a racist, because I have never dated outside my own race. Myself, I find the idea absurd, that someone could equate not being sexually attracted to people outside your race as hating other races. But it did give me an idea for this thread. Collecting data is fun, and I have always been very interested in psychology.

Thanks for participating in my thread to those that do

edit on Mon, 05 Mar 2012 13:58:38 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

1) Do you find yourself attracted to any race more than others?

Yes, I LOVE white men. Im talking blue eyes, blond hair, tall, etc.

2) Does it happen to be the race you were born into?

No, I'm mexican with portuguese mix.

3) Do you believe that we somehow choose who were are attracted to?

In a way yes, I grew up in a predominantly hispanic neighborhood and surrounding so all I saw were hispanics. There was probably only a handful of white guys at my high school and there was something about them that I found exciting to look it. I did date 2 of them lol

4) Any thoughts you have about the topic you think might bring up some interesting discussion?

I think the reason why I felt attracted to those guys or just white guys in general is because I wanted to look at something different than myself. Most of the hispanic guys I saw in high school just didnt have that thing that white guys had. The way they talked, their upbringing. In a sense, I wanted to experience a different culture than mine. I have dated asian guys too and also learned alot from them. However, now that I am grown up and work in a more diverse place, I am able to choose who I date. So white guys it is ! lol

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Im with you on the eye fetish lol. My boyfriend has icy light blue eyes and I cant help staring at them every chance I get. Especially when he wakes up in the morning and the light hits his eyes. Very dreamy lol

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

Well I am half white, not blonde hair, and green eyes. Striked out

Do you think rebellion had anything to do with it initially?
Oh yeah, good to see some female perspective to, thanks for sharing

edit on Fri, 16 Mar 2012 12:11:46 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Not necessarily rebellion as much as "if I ever have kids, I want to pass them good genes" mentality. I grew up in a rough neighborhood and all the gang bangers were hispanic so my train of thought was associate hispanic men with being ghetto and being criminals. I know that all of them are not like that and did end up dating decent hispanic men so eventually that mentality went away as I grew up. Now its more of a physical thing. I just find white men much cuter and theres something about that, that I am very attracted to.

Green eyes are good too

edit on 16-3-2012 by blackmetalmist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
#2- it could be any race as long as they take very good care of themselves and have smooth skin and a cute/sexy look.as far as physical go's

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
This is where the whole issue of race gets confusing. I am from England, but none of the girlfriends I have had have been English. It hasn't been through choice, just the way things worked out. My longest relationship was with an Aussie girl, the second longest with a Columbian. I would date an attractive woman of any race. Variety is the spice of life after all.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I'm native American/ Irish and I have to say I am more attracted to redheads, brunettes, black women, middle eastern women, and Indian women. Don't know why, and don't really care, their just hot.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join