It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something is living in my basment..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I have two experiences that relate to this topic:

I called it bed-bumping. While in bed awake, reading, or waiting to fall asleep...BUMP. Something, or someone, would literally kick the bed. It happened in two of the last three residences I've lived in. It doesn't occur in my current one, which is fortunate since it's been the only one of the three I've owned. While experiencing it, I wasn't as scared as I was mystified - the rooms, lighted by the street, were empty but for me. And it made my dog growl when very persistent. But I felt no fear - and I know what "that fear" feels like. Ick. I never figured out what it was.

The second experience was in my attempts to meditate. After a few years of practicing asana, I decided to expand my yoga repetoire and learn meditation. I never learned it. Every flipping time it started, the floor shook, and a loud buzzing sound in my ears erupted. The last time it was attempted was when I opened my eyes and hallucinated the oriental carpet I sat upon lift up at one corner and begin a wave pattern toward me. I would stop "letting go", and everything went back to normal. It was about 6 years later that I began an odd sleep cycle, which began as any normal sleep. However, when an alarm went off, I could hear the alarm, but felt as if somewhere deep in my being I wasn't in my body. I felt rushed and could feel my heart pounding at 140 bpm. But what was so remarkable was the buzzing sound. It was the same loud, all-encompassing buzz I heard while trying to meditate.

Although your experiences don't directly mirror mine, I thought I would share since what you experienced seems to be a combination of two distinct scenarios I've experienced. Throughout my 39 years, and dozens of paranormal experiences (and by that, I simply mean experiences I cannot explain via science yet), I have learned that the most important element in my psychological survival during these encounters is fearlessness. These situations have a way of unhinging someone because of how vulnerably ignorant they can make us feel. But trust you're equipped with any and all necessary characteristics you will need on this plane of existence. It's tough to earn that courage, but there are no substitutes for it.

ETA: Ack! So sorry OP - I had meant to post this reply in the other thread you'd posted in Grey Area. I've never posted to the wrong thread...yahoo!

edit on 3/9/2012 by chasingbrahman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I hate crazy people~

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by stewiegriffin
reply to post by earthdude

I once knew a beautiful girl named Jemimah. She die of sleeping sickness. Her last words were "Mom, there are children jumping on the bed. Make them stop". Check your health.

What is sleeping sickness?
Is it like sleep apnea?

encephalitis I think. A virus that kills you. I am saying the ghost might be a virus.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
There is no need for two threads on the same topic. Please continue with the Existing one here

Closed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join