It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LBJ's 'X' File on Nixon's 'Treason'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Hey gang,

I just read this fascinating article on a secret document that detailed how Nixon attempted to derail the Vietnam peace talks in '68 to gain a stronger foothold on the presidency. It's a lengthy and detailed piece that is definitely worth the time for anyone interested in either that part of American politics (it is very revealing) or the war itself. A tl;dr for the rest of you - basically Nixon went through other private parties to secretly advise the government of South Vietnam to hold off on a peace negotiations with the assurance that once he became president he would be able to get them a better deal at the talks. Enjoy!

-S

LBJ's 'X' File on Nixon's 'Treason'

(mods - feel free to move as you see fit)
edit on 5-3-2012 by snoober because: typo

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
It doesn't surprise me at all that the greasiest, dirtiest President in American History would have derailed peace talks to ensure his political future. They didn't call him 'Tricky Dick' for nothing. Nice find OP.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
This story was known years ago, but the conclusion was that the Republicans had only considered making these communications with North Vietnam ...but in the end they didn't do it.

However, there was somewhat better evidence that the Reagan campaign in 1980 very definitely communicated with the Iranians to keep the hostage crisis unresolved in order to ruin Carter's chances at re-election. One of Yassir Arafat's associates confirmed that Arafat had been instrumental in this. Carter said there was "something" going on that indicated that "somebody" was undermining negotiations. There was an unexplained gap in George H.W. Bush's campaign appearances. And the Reagan Administration was remarkably careful not to antagonize the Iranian govt.

I either accusation is true, there would be serious criminal issues. Perhaps not treason, which seems to involve a bona fide war going on, but a violation of the Logan Act which criminalizes DIY foreign diplomacy.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by redbarron626

My two Favorite quotes on Nixon:
"If the right people had been in charge of Nixon's funeral, his casket would have been launched into one of those open-sewage canals that empty into the ocean just south of Los Angeles. He was a swine of a man and a jabbering dupe of a president. Nixon was so crooked that he needed servants to help him screw his pants on every morning. Even his funeral was illegal. He was queer in the deepest way. His body should have been burned in a trash bin." —Hunter S Thompson

"Richard Nixon has never been one of my favorite people anyway. For years I've regarded his existence as a monument to all the rancid genes and broken chromosones that corrupt the possibilities of the American Dream; he was a foul caricature of himself, a man with no soul, no inner convictions, with the integrity of a hyena and the style of a poison toad. The Nixon I remembered was absolutely humorless; I couldn't imagine him laughing at anything except maybe a paraplegic who wanted to vote Democratic but couldn't quite reach the lever on the voting machine." —Hunter S Thompson

Even though Thompson could be a caricature himself, he was one of the greatest Truth Seekers we've ever had. And even though Nixon was a decade before my time, I'm going to take Hunter at his word and the facts known to history.
Cheers for the thread.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
On the History News website of the George Mason university are the complete JFK tapes which deal with this incident.
hnn.us...

Co-conspirator Anna Chennault has also confirmed this story. The sabotage of the Paris Peace treaty is also part of the documentary The Trials of Henry Kissinger.

Google Video Link

(Sabotage of the Paris Peace treaty from 14:40 to 22:20)

Kissinger was also a co-conspirator. Like Nixon, Kissinger is probably a psychopath. A very good article about the relationship between these two powerhungry men was written by Robert Dallek for Vanity Fair.

During the past four years I have sifted through much of the Nixon administration's recently opened archives: all of those Kissinger telephone transcripts, for instance, along with the unpublished portions of the diaries of Nixon's first chief of staff, H. R. Haldeman; hundreds of hours of newly available Nixon tapes; and the national-security records (which total close to a million pages) that include Kissinger's private office files and the previously unread papers of Alexander M. Haig Jr., who was Kissinger's deputy at the National Security Council and then took Haldeman's place as chief of staff. Put it all together and an intimate picture emerges of the complex relationship between Nixon and Kissinger, men who were allies but also rivals—paranoid and insecure, deceitful and manipulative, ruthless and strangely vulnerable.

www.vanityfair.com...

The best evidence of Nixon's psychopathic nature is perhaps the following audio recording in which Nixon casually suggests to use the atomic bomb.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by snoober

I always thought it was these guys that stopped the 1968 peace talks

ok, maybe not::: Your X files derail my LBJ had JFK killed because JFK was going to stop further escalation into the Vietnam War making LBJ the warmonger for profit president.

The premise of these Xfiles starts out with a Johnson supporter in 1973, making it well after the fact and more of a death bed confession sans death bed!!!

great to hear more conspiracies always

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

UH LBJ turned out to be a pretty sick twisted SOB, may even be responsible for other dirty deeds.
From what I've read, wandering around naked and what not. Not that that negates anything JFK did during his presidency, far as I'm concerned they are all a bunch of crooked SOB's and need to retire or be forcibly retired by the citizenship as they no longer represent the will of the people they are supposedly elected to represent.
Sad but true.....

Moose

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I've never heard anyone refer to Barack as 'Tricky Dick'...

new topics

top topics

join