It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures on Photobucket of a 1700s house

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
OK… Sorry but I‘m a real novice when it comes to posting pictures..
I went to Photobucket and uploaded the picture I write about in the post below. I hope it works..

We take our son to a camp in the Eastern Shore that provide support to children/adults with developmental disabilities. The property is managed by Easter Seal and built in the 1700's. Beautiful old house and property that's been turned into a camp. I've been in the main house and asked the manager if they ever heard ghosts, etc. They said that it not a very good place to do work at night by yourself... One of the support staff stays in the house and apparently complains of noise and bumps in the night.

I went in house and walked through the lower part of the house and took pictures. After about four pictures, camera battery went dead. When I went out side, the battery came back to life. I've had these pictures for a couple years. I seem to always catch "orbs" in my photo's, especially around the holiday's. I usually don't give too much credence to the orb but some of them are very interesting. A couple years back, my mother in law was not looking too good. She was in her late 70's at the time and was really dragging. I took a picture of her and there was a huge orb over her entire chest! She's since recovered and doing great (mid 80's)!

Back to the house... Looking over the picture again, I noticed an orb near the ceiling fan but then, looking closer at the fireplace, I see a white mist. If you look at the papers on the desk, they appear to cast a shadow into/onto the mist... What do you think?

s1247.photobucket.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Two pictures that i viewed
The one from outside looks like cigarette smoke
The inside looks like lens flare from the light

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by wrkn4livn

Looks like you have captured nothing more than cigarette smoke and the orb is nothing more than a near lens reflection caused by the flash of your camera being situated close to the lens .
edit on 4-3-2012 by dawnprince because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Orbs are nonsense
Meaning, the orb you got is most likely lens flare..however, they can also be particles of dust
Basically, ignore orbs in a picture as it is easily explainable

What is interesting is the mist

This is it cropped and negative image
I can make out a form of a woman in a dress (older style). Even see some texture where the chest is.like a lace type pattern.
What is it? meh..I donno...just putting it up there for review.

link   
My lord,your first pic I thought was the Amityville horror house.

But I see the have changed its appearance.

link   

Originally posted by dawnprince

Looks like you have cpatured nothing more than cigarette smoke and a near lens reflection caused by the flash of your camera being situated close to the lens .

No, the smoke is cut off by the desk, meaning the origin is on the other side of the desk. You can see this in the negative I posted up

-add-
Oh..didn't know you were talking about the outside pic...I only looked at the inside picture

edit on 4-3-2012 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

No probs
I didn't even bother looking at the interior pic

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I like this, noticed the haze and then saw your negative...much more interesting than orbs I think.
Can you do anything else to it, you know with filters etc? see if anything more shows up

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
"Orbs" are particles of dust suspended in the air that reflect the camera flash. And also, you should quit smoking. It's bad for you.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Urbanshadow

I like this, noticed the haze and then saw your negative...much more interesting than orbs I think.
Can you do anything else to it, you know with filters etc? see if anything more shows up

Problem with filtering and such is you can start making things appear that otherwise aren't there.
I will fiddle with it more, but really don't want to do too much -choppin- to the pic...lets see what we got.

But ya, that is an interesting pic anyhow...not much for ghostie photos mind you as they are typically just shaky hand streaks or dust orbs...but this is nice (of course, pareidolia may kick in on mists)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Cigarette:

My own breathing on a cold night:

Want some orbs? Here you go: talc powder thrown in front of the camera:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

The smoke pic should be from a lit cig,not from blowing smoke,but as the smoke is coming off the end of your cig.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I thought the same thing...

You know that house was up for sale last year....I would have bought it in a heart beat..if I would have had the few million they were asking

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
"Orbs" are particles of dust suspended in the air that reflect the camera flash. And also, you should quit smoking. It's bad for you.

No smoking but thanks for the reply!

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Urbanshadow

Not sure about the filters (I can barely post pictures let alone filter them...)

I'm not a "Orb" fan either. Too Many other explanations for that kind of picture. I thought the mist around the fireplace was different. Look closely at the files on the desk. They appear to be creating a shadow or it shows space between the "mist" and the files. As far as the comment about a women in a dress, I don't see it.

Pretty cool house though.

The house is in Ocean City NJ. sure looks like the De Feo house don't it? No smoking. Could have been breath although it was warm out (June). When I saw the house, it really struck me. Like wow! What's going on in THIS house? Had a real weird vibe, even from the sidewalk... By the way, it's two blocks from the beach so the "smoke" could be water vapor from the ocean...

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
Two pictures that i viewed
The one from outside looks like cigarette smoke
The inside looks like lens flare from the light

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

just my observations from the pics,but i wasnt there so the ultimate conclusion is up to you.
Going from your sig[cig] ,i can tell you appreciate 'the lighter side'

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I guess I was just kinda hoping for a clearer image, and in any case ~ as SaturnFX pointed out, filters will distort it even further and we'll just see what we want to see.

I dont know if you're meant to use special camera's etc for this kind of photography (Infra red or such) as I've not really had much luck taking pix of spirits, I've got a photo with faces at the window, taken on a non digital camera in the 90s, not convinced myself though, I suppose I want to take a crystal clear image you know lol

~Dont we all
!!~
edit on 4-3-2012 by Urbanshadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

how come no one has mentioned what appears to be a dark mass on the stairs in picture1 ?

Picture 2 is very fascinating if you indeed were not smoking. It may just be me but I also see a face in the chimney quite clearly.

Picture 3 does appear to be something interesting. Whatever it is , standing by the fireplace. I like the negative image someone else did,but I'm not that talented with photo manipulation.

I think they are nice catches, myself !

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by horseplay

I just figured that was a shadow of someone walking downstairs, as 2 of the obscured faces seem to be looking at it

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join