It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: No Federal Financial Aid for Tornado Victims

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Well it looks like the true colors are coming out. Guess he's no different from the other politicians. Isn't that just nice, and just when I thought there was hope for a change.

If you're so easily swayed, you clearly don't even understand Ron's policies. You probably jumped on the band wagon, without truly understanding what he's trying to do. That's sad. Go vote for Romney like the rest of the uneducated masses will.
edit on 4-3-2012 by Ryanssuperman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
The issue is..........

Our tax money should be used to help us out,,,,,,,,,,,

The issue is:

1. "Our tax money" is not something most Americans even contribute to...less than 1/2 even have a tax liability at all. Likely the indoviduals who have a tax burden already have insurance and woun't need any of "thier" tax money. If American’s could just keep more of their own money they would be able to afford proper insurance through the private market.

2. There is no provision whatsoever in the Constitution for the federal government to be able to levy taxes to be used to assist individuals in the event of a natural disaster, or any other provision for the collection of taxes for any other charitable cause regardless of its merit.

It is not the role of the government in distributing any money to charity be it abroad or at home.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
in this model, states would have enough money to help each other out too!!! he's talking DRASTIC cuts in federal taxes and spending.

i know my state would help with a couple $$$ during say a florida hurricane DISASTER if it wasn't being bleed out of the butt.

How much money do you think gets wasted with FEMA, IRS, tax lawyers, politicians? how much times does your money change hands and pay for a beuracrats lexus b4 it comes back to you? if it even comes back?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Numino
reply to post by liejunkie01

What´s about all the dots? Your argumentation is as immature as your writing skills.
Read again the answers.
Living in a tornado area needs precaution. If you don´t have one, do not live there.

*I hate the mentality of making others responsible for your own faults.

I do take precaution.......

The problem is that the tornado area is half of the country............

Thanks for pointing out my writing skills,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I did'n t know I was being tested on my abiltiy to type

Have you ever laid on top of your children in the bathroom waiting for the storm to pass?

Have you ever sifted through wreckage tht was once your mother's home?

I would rather live in Alaska, but the last time I checked it takes some serious dogh to do so.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

Go vote for Kerry like the rest of the uneducated masses will.

Uh, what year is it?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by BellaSabre
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

Go vote for Kerry like the rest of the uneducated masses will.

Uh, what year is it?

Right? lol

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

The issue is..........

Our tax money should be used to help us out,,,,,,,,,,,

The issue is:

1. "Our tax money" is not something most Americans even contribute to...less than 1/2 even have a tax liability at all. Likely the indoviduals who have a tax burden already have insurance and woun't need any of "thier" tax money. If American’s could just keep more of their own money they would be able to afford proper insurance through the private market.

2. There is no provision whatsoever in the Constitution for the federal government to be able to levy taxes to be used to assist individuals in the event of a natural disaster, or any other provision for the collection of taxes for any other charitable cause regardless of its merit.

It is not the role of the government in distributing any money to charity be it abroad or at home.

I have alot of issues with our current system....

If we were going by the original constitution, we would be living a completely different lifestyle.......

But the rich cronies have a different idea on how we are supposed to live.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Of course Ron Paul hates Federal Aid programs like FEMA. This is not news, this is just well known fact. Thats why you don't vote for him.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman

Originally posted by Manhater
Well it looks like the true colors are coming out. Guess he's no different from the other politicians. Isn't that just nice, and just when I thought there was hope for a change.

If you're so easily swayed, you clearly don't even understand Ron's policies. You probably jumped on the band wagon, without truly understanding what he's trying to do. That's sad. Go vote for Romney like the rest of the uneducated masses will.

Guilty

popsmayhem
RIP Dutch. Your Avatar used to be his.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I would rather live in Alaska, but the last time I checked it takes some serious dogh to do so.

Actually, the Alaskan Government will pay you to live there.
edit on 3/4/2012 by DISINFORMANT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I think its good we live in a county in which our government is willing to help us in times of need. Of course, Paul doesn't agree.
edit on 4-3-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

A reminder...

...to refrain from hurling insults at your fellow ATSers. Any and all topics can be discussed civilly without resorting to such pettiness. Adherence to this simple request is expected.

No exceptions.

Consider this fair warning.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The only financial compensation that the people should be getting is from the insurance company. you live in tornado ally then you have tornado insurance, thats how its always been for my family atleast. even though our house has never gotten flattened weve had tornado insurance for the past 15 years, no reason others cant get it. the way i see it people are just being lazy because they know if the big one comes the governments gonna bail em out so why pay?

link   

link   
Yes stop struggling you Americans in trying to get your family food and health insurance. Your minimum wage part time jobs will pay for all that and you can purchase Insurance for something you may never need like this.

Our Government sure jumps tossing our money at other countries but God forbid they spend any of our tax money here to help us out in the time of need.

Soon all fema will be replacing is Tents due to this countries selling out of it`s people.

edit on 3/4/2012 by Connman because: removed a e

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Wow... The Anti-Paul people must be celebrating today.

The only time the news mentions Paul is if they can do it in a negative light. Where's the full interview? Oh that's right, this is taken out of context. This isn't a news piece, but a hit piece using a recent disaster to play on the emotional responses of the reader.

This is nothing more then manipulative reporting.

I'll be honest, if I live in an area that is prone to disaster, and there is an insurance that exists that covers my losses from said disasters then I'll buy it... if I really want to live in that area I'll make sure that my assists are covered.

My decision to live in a disaster prone area is my own, and I will not leave my insurance duties up to my fellow Americans. Why would I?

If people can not afford the proper insurance, then there are almost limitless other areas in our vast country to live that are less prone to twisters, earthquakes, and or hurricanes. People always MAKE EXCUSES on why they don't have the insurance, but really there is no excuse. IF YOU LIVE IN A DISASTER PRONE AREA IT IS YOUR DUTY TO HAVE INSURANCE. Not having insurance is a risk. It's less costly in the mean time, but as we can see here it can turn around and bite you.

To put it in a smaller context, if a person hits and demolishes your car, and runs from the scene and you don't have car insurance should it be the Federal Government's responsibility to cover your losses? Car Insurance is mandated in many areas. You can not legally drive a car without owning car insurance (at least in Rhode Island). Why isn't home insurance mandated in the same way in disaster prone areas?

Oh that's right, because the costs of living and operating in said areas wouldn't be financially feasible, and towns would close up, and move. The only way for these areas to continue on without insurance is Federal Funds, which is nothing more forced socialized insurance (bailout). Personally, I would support sending our funds to help our own out during disasters instead of using it on foreign aid, banking bailouts, or war but I understand Paul's reasoning for this.

Also, how many Billions were lost or mismanaged during Katrina?

The costs of living in a disaster prone area exceeds the benefits, if the Federal Government didn't provide funds to rebuild in said locations, then people would NOT REBUILD. Eventually, the lack of rebuilding would save lives and the costs on the taxpayer through relief funds.

Why would any sane person want people to continue rebuilding in an area that is constantly demolished by Nature?

edit on 4-3-2012 by squidboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I actually drunk all of the RP kool aid said on here until the recent comments about health care and letting people die if they cant afford it, now this...

glad I am not American and do not have to vote for any of these fools, although have to admit that Obama is a good singer so why not another term??

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join