It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone explain to me why Ron Paul of all the candidates is labeled as the crazy.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Pretty self explanatory, I had an in depth conversation about this with my friend today,

THIS IS NOT A PRO RON PAUL THREAD, OR AN ANTI RON PAUL THREAD

What parts of Ron's beliefs bring people to this conclusion.

For me, it seems Ron is the only GOP candidate who doesn't suffer from an actual mental disorder. That is not an insult to any of the other candidates, just an observation I have made, based on some abnormal statements, views and mannerisms by the others left in the race.

If you look at just about any subject and ask yourself "what does common sense tell me is right"
You will realize that Ron comes up with the same answer as yourself.

Again, this is not a thread to support Ron (aka The Honerable Dr Jesus Ron Paul on ATS) nor is it a thread to bring him down,
I really want to see what the bulk of the population is seeing. I will chime in with ideas and discussion if I get any replies.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Mindcrime30

For me, it seems Ron is the only GOP candidate who doesn't suffer from an actual mental disorder.

Quite the observation and on-point as ever!

You know how backwards the media is don't you?

When they say Ron Paul is crazy you better vote for Ron Paul

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
he is labbeled as a cook because he's actually a threat to the establishment.

they're trying to descedit the man every way they can.

and if the media fails to downplay Ron Paul, they'll just rig the elections.

(like is happening right now)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mindcrime30
Pretty self explanatory, I had an in depth conversation about this with my friend today,

THIS IS NOT A PRO RON PAUL THREAD, OR AN ANTI RON PAUL THREAD

What parts of Ron's beliefs bring people to this conclusion.

For me, it seems Ron is the only GOP candidate who doesn't suffer from an actual mental disorder. That is not an insult to any of the other candidates, just an observation I have made, based on some abnormal statements, views and mannerisms by the others left in the race.

If you look at just about any subject and ask yourself "what does common sense tell me is right"
You will realize that Ron comes up with the same answer as yourself.

Again, this is not a thread to support Ron (aka The Honerable Dr Jesus Ron Paul on ATS) nor is it a thread to bring him down,
I really want to see what the bulk of the population is seeing. I will chime in with ideas and discussion if I get any replies.

If you want to see what the rest of the population is seeing this is the wrong forum. Everybody here is to some extent on the edge of normal. A poll of ATS will not reflect a poll of the population at large.

That said, an opinion for what its worth.

He is labelled as crazy as he is the only 'alternative' candidate. The only one with an actual intent to change the direction of the USA in a fundamental way.

There are no substantive differences on the things that count between the others.

Whether his approach or right or wrong I won't comment, but it is fundamentally different.

Think of an independent shopkeeper opening a competitive store in a city where the other stores are all in a cartel. Think how the other stores would react. I think this sums it up.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Let me answer to your title,since i believe it is a intresting one....
I think everyone that speaks the truth is considered 'crazy'
Thats why in the media we are constantly told that people that are crazy,we should not listen to them but help them.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Well, the national average IQ in America (92) is a lot closer to legally impaired (70) than it is the genius range (140). So if most people think Ron Paul is the crazy one, just consider the source.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I agree that the motives are pretty clear. When you have had control of something for decades you dont just give it away without a battle.

Another question would be why do people believe this nonsense?
Yes, people will listen and be shaped by the news and media as a whole.
But what specifically, in your opinions, would you say the media is providing to support this theory.

For example, do you think its cut and dry MSM: RP is crazy. People: Okay wont vote for that loon
Or do they lean more towards RP supports plans X Y and Z, which are waaay out there. People: Wow he seems crazy to me.

If the latter is the case what do you all think that people look to first to warrant their belief of Ron being crazy

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I have only two thoughts to offer. One is his legislative record. He's written, what, 482 bills in his career? One has become law. That indicates that his ideas are not accepted by his colleagues.

The other is his non-interventionist policy. Whether his policy is good or not, it is certainly unusual.

Paul could be seen as well out of the mainstream of political thought. I'm not arguing that that is good or bad, just trying to explain where I think the label of "crazy" came from.

top topics

join