It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else see that the elites want America to be an aristocracy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
It has been obvious to me for quite some time, probably since 9-11, that the conservative business and political elites in this country want to turn America into an aristocracy. Of course they aren't coming out directly and saying it, but if you have some objectivity, intelligence, and knowledge of history and other countries it is very obvious that that is where our country is heading.

There is actually quite a bit of circumstantial evidence, such as the military studying the history of the Roman empire to see how we can emulate them, but a simple understanding of extrapolation makes it very easy to see that we are definitely heading in that direction. When you see that the politicians of the country are mostly controlled by the wealthy, and the elites' wealth is vastly increasing while everyone else's is stagnant or decreasing, and the rights and liberties of the people are being systematically taken away while a culture of too big to fail and too important to prosecute is being promulgated on an ongoing basis I don't see how anyone could honestly ignore the reality.

Also consider that housing prices are at a modern low while the wealth gap has been ballooning, so if the housing market heads up again it will be armageddon for regular Joe's who will probably be renting for life.
edit on 4-3-2012 by CB328 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I think we have always had some sort of Aristocracy running things behind the scenes. Its just that since the age of the interweb these things have become a little more obvious. At the least TPTB think that they are and always have been Aristocrats. I prefer to call them wankers.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Those with wealth and power today have used the standing government as a tool to obtain their wealth and power. In turn they are sold to the institution which makes them rich.

It's quite a simple concept, really.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Yeah...
and but realistically...

they've made it and it will always be an Orwellian Animal Farm

(not that its bound to be a particularly long-lived empire, anyways)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by CB328
It has been obvious to me for quite some time, probably since 9-11, that the conservative business and political elites in this country want to turn America into an aristocracy.

I believe this is very true.

One can look at Bush's policies in one of two ways, Failure or Design.

Bush's policies were to look the other way, deregulate business and let the
producers produce. They did produce, they played all sides and won big on all sides.
They took advantage of the good will policies in America that protect EVERYBODY'S
deposits and they used the free market mantra to engineer crime and methods for
achieving those crimes.

If you look at free market ideology it serves a rarely examined function,

Get the voter, population and democratic process out of the business world.
AKA, let them create an oligarchy and squash all notions of representative
government.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mastahunta

Yeah, the Bush years were synonymous with free markets

I understand you grasp at anything you possibly can to push your loaded ideology in this forum but you are starting to sound like a broken record. A Kenny-G record...

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Bush pushed through lots of deregulation, how is that not "free markets"???? He let the corporations do whatever the hell they wanted.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Bailing out banks and corporations is the definition of government interference in the market.

All economies are centrally planned and regulated. But I will admit that blaming a form of economics that doesn't even exist is pretty imaginative.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by METACOMET
reply to post by mastahunta

Yeah, the Bush years were synonymous with free markets

If you understood that the entire concept of Free Markets is just a scam in the first
place you would understand that Bush did exactly what free marketers ask for.
Look the other way while we screw America... They are only able to do because
the word Free Market is treated like a religious incantation. Bush was exactly
what proponents of Free Market want, a supply sider.

I understand you grasp at anything you possibly can to push your loaded ideology in this forum but you are starting to sound like a broken record. A Kenny-G record...

I repeat myself because
the truth doesn't change and because free market is the idea that lead to 2008,
whether the results were due to there actually being a free market is a small part of the
point. The point lies in how the concept is used to brainwash America into accepting
piss poor policies time and time again by privatizing control of the financial system,
when the control should be shifted to the public and depositors. Free market means
give that control to Elites and their vehicles who then make the laws outside of
democratic input.

Well if you hear Kenny G, it must be coming from your end, cause Im Bumpin
Zeppelin over here. You are on the free markets Caviar and Kenny G 80's kick,
take off your shoulder pads and walk towards sanity.
edit on 4-3-2012 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2012 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by mastahunta

free market is the idea that lead to 2008, whether the results were due to there actually being a free market is a small part of the point.

You know your worldview is fragile when you have to resort to circular logics in an attempt to preserve it.

Are these mental gymnastics a cerebral exercise or do you really believe this stuff?

top topics

join