It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Naked Archeaologist finds cave possibly used for the burial of Christ's apostles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Simcha Jacobovici, an Emmy-winning documentary director and producer who is best known for his documentary TV series "The Naked Archaeologist," argues that the cave served as a burial cave for at least some of Jesus' disciples

Source

Very interesting find for those of the christian community. This could possibly be the cave used to bury some of the apostles of Jesus and maybe even the one he himself had been entombed in before his resurrection. Some greek lettering may have referrenced the resurrection and a depiction of Jonah and the whale.
edit on 3-3-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
why is he naked...
does he have something against clothes ?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
The photo of Jonah and the Whale, from the article, looks like a mechanical ship. I'll say it out loud....UFO.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

He's called the naked archeaologist because he's a free lance archeaologist and he doesn't carry the tools of the trade with him. He just wonders around looking for bits and pieces of the puzzle pointing him in the direction where he can find the evidence. He is a remarkable archeaologist with brilliant ideas.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
The photo of Jonah and the Whale, from the article, looks like a mechanical ship. I'll say it out loud....UFO.

Or really bad drawing from a fisherman turned apostle who sucked at drawing pictures.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Or really bad drawing from a fisherman turned apostle who sucked at drawing pictures.

Nahhhh...I still say UFO,

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

No.

I'll say it out loud..

No.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
How about we determine if Jesus Christ (as written in the bible) even existed before speculating on his "apostles".

There is not one shred of physical archaeological evidence to prove that Jesus Christ or his posse ever existed.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tarrasque
How about we determine if Jesus Christ (as written in the bible) even existed before speculating on his "apostles".

There is not one shred of physical archaeological evidence to prove that Jesus Christ or his posse ever existed.

There are well over 70 extra-biblical accounts (non-biblical accounts) that he existed. You should do some research before saying that. Guess i have to do it for you so here some of it is:

Non-biblical proof of the existence of Jesus the Christ

Before you complain about the information coming from a christian site, please note that there are actually references you may look up for yourself and i suggest you do so. Most of these accounts come from pagan men who weren't even christians referrencing him and one account comes from one man who was making fun of the jews for killing their God.

Just in case you're going to make the silly arguement that Ponius Pilate never existed know this. Tacitus (roman historian) mentions him and here is a piece of a stone artifact found at Caesarea by archeaologists with an inscription bearing the name of Pontius Pilate incase you try to argue against the historical validity of the bible:

Stone artifact bearing the name of Pontius Pilate

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Actually there really is very little to zero proof that Jesus and his disciples existed.

Lots that Pilate and Herod were real yes but those 14.....not so much.

I'd like to see definitive proof though.

Also yeah, that image to me looked kinda like a UFO.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

History is written by the victors
-Winston Churchill

I forgot to make my real point. You were too busy constructing your argument of mental gymnastics to actually read what I said.

I'm sorry. But writings of so called pagans who were not affiliated with Christ is not evidence to me. It's hearsay at best. We have real forensic evidence to support the existence of many prolific religious and political figures throughout history. Many of whom predate Christ. So not only do we have no tangible evidence of Jesus himself but we also have no real proof any of his associates ever existed. Show me a burial site. Show me DNA. Use Science and Logic.
edit on 4-3-2012 by Tarrasque because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

History is written by the victors
-Winston Churchill

I forgot to make my real point. You were too busy constructing your argument of mental gymnastics to actually read what I said.

I'm sorry. But writings of so called pagans who were not affiliated with Christ is not evidence to me. It's hearsay at best. We have real forensic evidence to support the existence of many prolific religious and political figures throughout history. Many of whom predate Christ. So not only do we have no tangible evidence of Jesus himself but we also have no real proof any of his associates ever existed. Show me a burial site. Show me DNA. Use Science and Logic.
edit on 4-3-2012 by Tarrasque because: (no reason given)

So in otherwords you're going to deny that people who lived 2000 years ago didn't know of him? The evidence is right there that he existed and you refuse to acknowledge it. The miracles Jesus accomplished were so great that people are still telling about them 2000 years later and that goes all the way back to the first century A.D.

BTW the Talmud referrences him as a criminal executed for sorcery named Yeshua who was "hanged on a tree" which means "nailed to a tree", and Yeshua is Jesus' real name or Yehoshua. In the hebrew language there are no vowels.

Hardcore skeptic dude, keep that head in the sand and pretend this aint happening. I don't care if you don't believe in him, i do and it's enough for me and my brothers and sisters.
edit on 5-3-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

“Truth! Truth! Truth! crieth the Lord of the Abyss of Hallucinations”

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Tarrasque

"Truth, Truth"?!

You are seriously asking for DNA? What are you going to do with DNA? How is that going to be proof of anything? What will you compare it with? You realise we don't have the DNA (and probably don't even have a verifiable blood sample) of ANYONE famous from back then? What on earth do you mean by "forensic evidence"? You realise that all the Roman leaders who had a proper funeral were cremated on a funeral pyre, right? So according to your logic, none of the Roman leaders ever existed. We have forensic evidence of almost no one of that time, although the burial sites of...I think 7 of the Apostles is known. How on earth would expect to find the burial site of Jesus, considering the story of his "death"?

The usual way to verify existence of people of this time IS contemporary written record. Of which there is much in existence.
edit on 4-3-2012 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi
reply to post by Tarrasque

"Truth, Truth"?!

You are seriously asking for DNA? What are you going to do with DNA? How is that going to be proof of anything? What will you compare it with? You realise we don't have the DNA (and probably don't even have a verifiable blood sample) of ANYONE famous from back then? What on earth do you mean by "forensic evidence"? You realise that all the Roman leaders who had a proper funeral were cremated on a funeral pyre, right? So according to your logic, none of the Roman leaders ever existed. We have forensic evidence of almost no one of that time, although the burial sites of...I think 7 of the Apostles is known. How on earth would expect to find the burial site of Jesus, considering the story of his "death"?

The usual way to verify existence of people of this time IS contemporary written record. Of which there is much in existence.
edit on 4-3-2012 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

This is one guy who graduated from the school of "pics or it didnt happen" and i'm surprised he didn't get his troll out of his system and just say it and move on to troll somewhere else. This thread isn't about the existence of Christ, its about finding a cave that may have been used to bury him and some of his apostles in as discovered by archeaologist Simcha Jacobovici.

Apparently Christ haters cannot resist derailing a thread that has clear evidence speaking of the Resurrection written in ancient greek. Damn scoffers gotta scoff.

join