It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The nail in the Evolutionary Coffin, the final spike placed there by the Royal Society itself.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

that is just a tiny bit different
and has, i imagine, to do with salinity levels
and other such things.
rather like that underwater river i saw video of on this very ats not too long ago.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
OMG this thread is to funny

Chimps have so many different faces and are so close to us emotionally just look at the Chimps in this picture feeling sad because another Chimp has died

It amazes me that people can still bury their heads in the sand despite been shown facts. Part of being human is to know when you are wrong and to hold your hands up and say "Ok your right I messed up"

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

These outburst floods happened very rapidly all over the world during the melting of the last glacial ice and they didnt have to rise world wide sea levels to have been the origins of our flood and deluge stories.The black sea itself may have been created by a catastrophic outburst flood and the one in this link happened perhaps 40 times in the usa,some from a temporary lake that was around 400 feet deep and its outburst water traveled at 80 mph and had the evergy of several hundred nuclear bombs, 8,000 to 15,000 years ago > en.wikipedia.org...

Outburst Flood Examples > en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 12-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I think it pretty clear that we weren't created by some benevolent God. Much more likley we were created or mutated from a variety of superior advanced beings.

Everything I have ever read basically says that we tend to decline as time goes on. Thus de-evolution. I imagine that we go through cycles as many have theorized. By the time that the population reaches in the billions, we have become so dumb as to our decision making that eventually we wipe everyone out, except for a select few. The problem is the select few are still contanimated with the crap genes. So then the superior beings come back and start over again, restoring the full gene pool in some that are still here. The problem is they don't get everyone and eventually interbreeding occurs and thus the gene pool sets it course to self destruction once again.

Perhaps the forbidden fruit is breeding outside of the select gene pool. Once that occurs mankind is doomed to the same unhappy ending. Why do women always want the bad guy?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

Its been said that the chances of humans evolving and developing from single celled organisms by chance,would be like blowing up a paperback book printing press factory and then digging through the wreckage and finding a perfectly assembled websters dictionary,or blowing up a toyota car manufacturing plant and finding a fully functioning mercedes amongst the wreckage,we were not made from the accidental chance of nature,we were created by super intelligent design...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Its been said that the chances of humans evolving and developing from single celled organisms by chance,would be like blowing up a paperback book printing press factory and then digging through the wreckage and finding a perfectly assembled websters dictionary,or blowing up a toyota car manufacturing plant and finding a fully functioning mercedes amongst the wreckage,we were not made from the accidental chance of nature,we were created by super intelligent design...

These analogies are completely false as they don't reflect how evolution works at all. We were not created by a magic being, instead we evolved.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Look up Hoyle's Fallacy.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros

These analogies are completely false as they don't reflect how evolution works at all. We were not created by a magic being, instead we evolved.
Look at "a single celled organism" under a microscope and then tell me "that" will some day by chance,naturally evolve to be able to design,build and operate sr 71 blackbirds,saturn 5 rockets,nuclear powered aircraft carriers and atom bombs...Come on...No way...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

If we were created I would fire the creator...the human body is designed so badly one example is how we can not breath and eat at the same time so many people die each year from choking, Chimps can do both at once so if god made us in his own imagine he must be annoyed he can choke on a bit of food

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Look at a single celled organism under a microscope and then tell me "that" will some day by chance,naturally evolve to be able to design and build an sr 71 blackbird,or a saturn 5 rocket,or a nuclear powered aircraft carrier...Come on...No way

Yes it can, given enough time, just because we have no concept of the amount of time involved doesnt mean that given enough of it and the right conditions (also a lot of luck) a single sell can evolve to make anything.
edit on 12-3-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Look at a single celled organism under a microscope and then tell me "that" will some day by chance,naturally evolve to be able to design and build an sr 71 blackbird,or a saturn 5 rocket,or a nuclear powered aircraft carrier...Come on...No way

Yes it can, given enough time, just because we have no concept of the amount of time involved doesnt mean that given enough of it and the right conditions (also a lot of luck) a single sell can evolve to make anything.
Sorry but theres too much chaos and too many random catastrophic events like asteroid impacts,comet impacts,tsunamis,volcanic eruptions and earthquakes ect,ect for single celled organisims to have ever gotten a firm foot hold upon the earth by natural chance and they never would have gotten anywhere near evolved into us without getting wiped out again and again long before,but to have become what we are by super intelligent control and design? yes...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Look at a single celled organism under a microscope and then tell me "that" will some day by chance,naturally evolve to be able to design,build and operate an sr 71 blackbirds and saturn 5 rockets,and nuclear powered aircraft carriers and atom bombs...Come on...No way...

Study them more carefully, and you'll see that they share a large number of genes (thousands) with us. There are some contemporary bacteria, that are on their way to "inventing" multicellularity on their own. From there to intelligent life (as us) is no walk in the park (after all we almost went extinct numerous times after our lineage deviated from that of chimps and bonobos), but it happened at least once before on this planet and this is very obvious to anyone with an understanding of genetics, evolution, and reality in general.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Yes the odd's may be billionsxbillions to one that a single cell can live long enough and evolve billions of times to make us but we are here chaos helped us get here just because the chance is so great doesn't mean it can not happen.
Like I have said if an intelligent entity made us why did he do it so badly?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

reply to post by blocula

Yes the odd's may be billionsxbillions to one that a single cell can live long enough and evolve billions of times to make us but we are here chaos helped us get here just because the chance is so great doesn't mean it can not happen.
Like I have said if an intelligent entity made us why did he do it so badly?
chaos in the form or unimaginably destructive comets,asteroids,mega-tsunamis,super eruptions and other such catastrophic calamities do not "help" anything,they crush,kill and destroy...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I give up..no point trying to flog a dead horse...good luck with your narrow minded ill-educated views pal.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

reply to post by blocula

I give up..no point trying to flog a dead horse...good luck with your narrow minded ill-educated views pal.
Exactly and theres no sense in me trying to lead a horse to water,when it probably wont take a drink anyways and by the way,ask the ghosts of giant dinosaurs what they think about the helpfulness of 6 mile wide asteroids as powerful as 2,000,000 atom bombs slamming into the earth 15 times faster than a bullet...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

reply to post by blocula

Exactly and theres no sense in me trying to lead a horse to water,when it probably wont take a drink anyways and by the way,ask the ghosts of giant dinosaurs what they think about the helpfulness of 6 mile wide asteroids as powerful as 2,000,000 atom bombs slamming into the earth 15 times faster than a bullet...

Lol oh I get it your trying to bring more people into your cult lol.
Oh and the dinosaurs still took millions of years to develop from single cell organisms into dinosaurs and guess what our evolutionary ancestors were around then too.

Ok I will play a while just answer me this why did our "creator" create us so we can not breath and eat at the same time? seems like a massive waste to me.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Ok I will play a while just answer me this why did our "creator" create us so we can not breath and eat at the same time?

I'd like to know why he (she? it? them?) constructed reality so, that its study makes it seems as if there is no creator.
edit on 12-3-2012 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by rhinoceros

Great point heck I would of at least signed my name in the stars

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Those arguments don't have any validity. You are taking the very beginning point and comparing it with the very end and making a hasty generalization about evolution. Oh yeah, it won't just suddenly turn into a human. Evolution took over 3 billion years to go from single celled organisms to what we have on earth today, and I'm pretty sure it took nearly the first billion just to become multi cellular. You gotta understand that environmental changes drive the process more than anything else. You mention asteroid impacts, comets and natural disasters, but those are all huge catalysts in evolution. Drastic environmental changes cause extinctions, which make way for different types of organisms to succeed. There have been extinction level events that have wiped up to 90% of all species from the earth. Talking about probabilities doesn't really make a difference when you look at the timescale involved. You know why humans rule the planet right now? We're in an interglacial period, which is period of warmth between glacial periods (mini ice ages). The last glacial period ended like 10,000 years ago. Now we blossom with the environment.
edit on 12-3-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join