It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman's prayers save her from a tornado... or not?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Apparently it worked... the storm passed right over her house yet demolished a good portion of the rest of her town...

Crazy stuff... and a great close up view of a tornado

I just wish she would have kept filming...

edit on 3-3-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
this isnt even a formed tornado , omg, this video is useless

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by wlord

No one asked for your opinion my friend...

I think the video is cool, though i would have kept filming...

I would love to be that close to a tornado...

Erm...

not that i hope for that to happen

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Woman's prayers save her from a tornado... or not?

Prayers don't work . So no , it didn't save her from the tornado .

Would not be to fair , if "god" intervened for some and not others.

Just ask the amputee how many prayers it takes to grow a limb back.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
It is just common behavior for a tornado. Your house could survive but half way down the road other houses could be demolished. Unless a tornado is huge and extremely powerful the damage can be completely localized on a small path.

Cool video though

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

That is an illogical arguement...

Nothing can be done for an amputee, things just don't work that way... You can pray to God to give you wings so you can fly, but it AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN... no matter how much you pray or believe it will...

God doesn't work that way...

Im not sure if prayers would make a difference in this womans situation, but the storm pasted over her... and ripped apart the rest of the town...

Irony i guess?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Maybe, in the spirit of charity, she should have prayed that the city be spared, rather than just her property.

Who knows, maybe god has a sense of humor and spared her.. kind of like when my kids were young caught doing something outrageously stupid where I simply shook my head, laughed it off, and left them alone for the pure entertainment factor.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Nothing can be done for an amputee, things just don't work that way... You can pray to God to give you wings so you can fly, but it AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN... no matter how much you pray or believe it will..

Actually science is trying to work on it , i'm sure they will get it down eventually after a while... You know to make up for the slack the prayers can't fix.

Yes i can pray to god to give me wings to fly , and he could give them to me if he wanted couldn't he ? But since prayers don't work ....

god doesn't work that way ? lol right cuz your his best bud right?

Just the mere fact you think prayers had anything to do with the tornado in the video , shows your little understanding of "god"

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

lol @ your argument

How do you know what God can and cannot do? If humans can regrow part of limbs using science why can't God?

And no, her surviving is not irony it was chance.
edit on 3-3-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

lol @ your argument

How do you know what God can and cannot do? If humans can regrow part of limbs using science why can't God?

I actually have no arguement to that...

I don't know what God is capable of....

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

lol @ your argument

I actually have no arguement to that...

I don't know what God is capable of....

But you know what he isn't capable of ? interesting...

btw to your troll comment , im flattered.

You can pray to God to give you wings so you can fly, but it AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN... no matter how much you pray or believe it will...

God doesn't work that way...

edit on 3-3-2012 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

But you know what he isn't capable of ? interesting.

Considering theres never been a man in history that has sprouted wings...

I would say its a safe "assumption"

btw to your troll comment , im flattered.

Im sure you are...

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
They are nuts to be standing outside during a tornado and not seeking protection (reliable protection that is).

It is typical for tornados to 'jump around'. The home 2 houses down can be destroyed while yours is left without a scratch.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Considering theres never been a man in history that has sprouted wings...

I would say its a safe "assumption"

hehe nice deflect :p There have been other men who have done some crazier things though isn't there ? But we won't bring up those things will we ? Because that is off topic

Prayers don't work . You don't know "god" , the amputee has hope with science , but not with your prayers.

you know why that is? Because you will have the same results with prayer if you prayed to santa clause :p

50/50 flip a coin . Now if i had to put up a title here , i would make it say

"Lady thinks prayers saved her from tornado's wrath"

Are you going to take my prayer test ? i've asked many times , but you never wanna deal with that

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Actually i have little to no interest even talking to you, let alone "taking your prayer challenge"...

You're a broken record... same thing over and over again. Its either "sugar coated" or cherry picked... or some other lame excuse to disagree with whatever i say...

I've told you before, you've made up your mind about everything... so nothing anyone says is a valid arguement to someone like yourself...

Its like talking to a wall... completely pointless.

Not to mention the fact that you have a neat little way of kindly insulting people... which i also have no interest in dealing with...

I take nothing you say to heart... its words on a screen...

I just have no time for closed minded people...

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

But there are humans who reintegrated part of their limbs. You stated that God could not regrow them, which is silly, because science can.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Alright buddy no problem , i'm sure we will chat more in another thread somewhere . You can't even answer basic points , without getting all "broken record " about it

Don't take things to heart , or else you will just keep spewing emotional responses . Secondly your layers are peeling back one by one everytime we chat. Like i said wolf in sheeps clothing.

Check out this near miss ,

dsc.discovery.com...

Do you think prayers were involved?

How many of them bust a prayer before the near miss? Probably none right ? lol , Do you see how easy it is to link prayers to events ?

good day

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

IF one considers science to be a part of God or even part of his creation, then i suppose he could...

What i was saying is praying is not going to make a limb magically appear... or even regrow...

I guess that is even possible because its said "all things are possible with God"...

Though highly unlikely

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join