It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman's prayers save her from a tornado... or not?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

You can't even answer basic points , without getting all "broken record " about it
Don't take things to heart , or else you will just keep spewing emotional responses . Secondly your layers are peeling back one by one everytime we chat. Like i said wolf in sheeps clothing.

Perhaps if you take a different approach i would be more inclined to answer your questions...

The broken record part is the basis of all of your arguements... Your explanations are the same over and over... and i simply get tired of the same arguement... which isn't even an arguement, its just attaching a label to something... Just like you call me a "wolf in sheeps clothing"... just another label, as usual..

I give you my explanation or arguement... you label it sugercoated or cherry picked... and treat it like an answer.

As i've said i have no time for closed minds... You have all the answers already...

So its pointless to argue with you because i know what the response will always be...

edit on 3-3-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Explanation: S&F!

AMAZING!

Personal Disclosure: IMO Yes her prayers did contribute to her being saved from a tornado!

Belief [when one is an observer who collapses their own wave function] can be a very powerfull tool and placebo's prove that!

Here is further proof [IMO] of that when it comes to a combination of Tornado versus Prayer!

The "Butterfly People" of Joplin, Missouri (thread by angellicview posted on 13-1-2012 @ 09:58 PM , reply post by OmegaLogos posted on 14-1-2012 @ 03:37 PM) [ATS]

edit on 3-3-2012 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix spelling.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

How does that prove anything? Second hand stories that are posted on the internet?

Especially since as a society we are programmed into thinking that winged beings of light could be there to help us in time of need. Everyone knows the term "guardian angel".
edit on 3-3-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Im unsure of the idea of a "guardian angel"...

Just because someone hasn't experienced meeting one, does not necessarily mean they don't exist...

Many people have claimed to talk to their guardian angel... so can you call all of them liars?

I've never personally met any spiritual entities, but i don't deny the possibility of their existence...

Same goes with "ghosts"... i've never seen one, but i know people who have... And i don't see the point in lying about the experience... though i guess its possible.

edit on 3-3-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Hi ya!

I think that this lady was just lucky, and extremely stupid for standing in harm's way. It would have been nice if her panic based prayer had been a little less hysterical and had included the whole town. Her You Tube Video would have been more flattering.

I don't think that there's some bearded sky wizard listening for the right prayer to answer, but I have been in life threatening situations that sent me into fervored prayer. In those times, with a feeling of helplessness, while I'm shaking in my shoes, my prayers are more submissive than demanding, but that's just me.

I do believe in the power of thought (or intention), group thought (intention) and mind over matter. I think the human mind is capable of mighty and mysterious things.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Explanation: Uhmmm!

Alhough the information I linked is contained inside a thread that is about winged beings etc. my post refers to Prayer and Tornado's ... and since you seem to be having some trouble discerning the specifics I shall point them out and then show how they are similar to what is detailed in the vid that this thread is all about.

And then I will bring the science to bear witness as well ...

1stly .. from the transcript I made of the video that is in the thread that I linked to [and was relinked from a previous thread] ...

1min:27sec Is that the tornado? [unknown female voice? awe struck.]

1min:35sec Everybody get down... all on the ground. [male voice. concerned authorative. store owner?]

private conversations between kids and parents not transcribed.

2min:05sec This is weird! [young male voice. anxious. videographer?]

2min:13sec Flying debries IMPACT!!! [screams. lots of screams as stuff shatters]

Things get bad.

2min:35sec Hey guys! [young female voice. concerned alert. reassuring mother???]

Things get worse.

2min:48sec Heavenly Father, Jesus. [mature female voice. pleading ... praying! Head counter?]

2min:55sec We're good! We're good! [young male voice. desperate reassuring. videography?]

3min:00sec OMG! [unknown voice. groaning terrified. overwhelmed]

3min:05sec Right! we're going to do this! [young male voice. settled and prepared. videographer?]

3min:08sec TORNADO DIRECTLY IMPACTS! [Screams increase and then are lost in the conflagaration]

3min:20sec Heavenly Father! Jesus! Jesus! Jesus! [mature female voice + few kids. desparate prayers heard above noise of tornado etc.]

Prayers lost to the noise of the winds.

3min:34sec I love everyone! I love everyone man! [young male voice. defiantly open and loving but sounding very sad! friend of videographer?]

3min:35sec Yeah I love all you guys! We are going to be ok! [young male voice. reassuringly open and in agreement. relaxed and accepting. videographer?]

3min:36sec I love ya's! [young male voice. shouted. friend of videographers]

3min:36sec Jesus! Jesus! [mature female voice. still praying hardcore]

Storm lessens considerably.

3min:45sec Heavenly Father! Thank you Jesus! [mature female voice. still praying hardcore]

3min:47sec Is everybody ok? [unknown male voice? questioning.]

3min:48sec Yes! [young male voice. affirmative in reply. videographer?]

Storm sounds and something fluttering in the wind hardcore.

Now correlations between the 2 vid's ...

Both involve tornado's!

Both involve ladies who possesed a very strong faith and EXPRESSED it OPENLY!

In the vid of the thread that I linked to I can plainly see that the storm stopped during the ladies prayer!

I can see the tornado in this threads vid seemingly turn away in the direction she was praying towards!

In both cases everybody related to the vids survived!

Now God works in mysterious ways ...

Now some may say that correlation does not equal causation and I would agree to a point ..which I detail as follows...

Once is happenstance .. it happened!

Twice is coincidence ... it happened 2 times in quick succession and withing proximity of each other!

Thrice is an Omen!

So we have ...

Video's of these incidents ... Check!

Tornado's ... Check!

Ladies of strong faith expressing that very vocally in Prayer that seems to have a dramatic effect at the time of praying taking place ... Check!

Everybody survives ... Check!

Both vids taken a year apart happen to be in the same general area ... Check!

Now to focus in on the science ...

According to general relativity everything is centered about the OBSERVER!

And according to Quantum Mechanics the OBSERVER collapses the infinite wave function down to a singular reality automatically by just observing!

And according to Philosophy and Descartes and Cogito Ergo Sum (aka I Think, Therefor I AM!) ...

... You can only prove to yourself only that you exist and that basically means that you ARE the only OBSERVER!

And then there are placebo's, say a gods name that one projects unconsciously outside of themselves in place of themselves as the creators of their own realities , and I direct you to google and wiki to find out about the medical uses and benefits of such wonderous things.

Personal Disclosure: I hope that helps clarify my position on prayer!

edit on 3-3-2012 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix spelling.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I never said that they didn't exist, I just said second hand stories on the internet is not proof of them existing.

The whole point is that people see what they expect. We are already pre-conditioned to an idea of a guardian angel and what it is supposed to look like and behave. For example, helping people, having wings, being nice.

You will not hear very many stories of a being of light that has wings hurting people in the middle of a tornado, because that is not what humans expect to happen.

When people can't explain things, such as surviving a tornado when everyone around them died, we tend to make up paranormal stories to cope.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

If you think 2 incidents of people surviving a tornado because they prayed is some sort of proof then I don't know what to say to you. You cannot logically draw a conclusion from two people. Do you know how many people probably survived tornadoes yesterday that didn't pray at all? I'm sure quite a bit.

edit on 3-3-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Explanation: They may not have prayed ... but they certainly AUTOMATICALLY collapsed their own wave functions down to a singular reality where they survived a tornado!

Personal Disclosure: Which means that prayer is a usefull placebo (aka tool) for being the creator of your own reality!

And God said "Let There Be Light!" ...

Hey Presto ... one big bang!

Have you ever heard of neuro linguistic programming?

Because I seriously don't think you currently comprehend the true power of WORDS!

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Its largely called chance and probability. Do you know how many times I have been lucky in my life that I didn't pray or try to create my own reality and it worked out? How many close calls with cars, at least around 10.

The first video WAS purely chance, it is how tornadoes behave.

The second people got into the freezer at the RIGHT time (also chance), the tornado was not strong enough to destroy the freezer so them praying or not wouldn't matter.

We could surely create our own reality, who knows? But if we could why isn't everyone a millionaire? Why don't we all have our dream girl/guy with no medical problems? Why is anyone slowly dying of cancer? There are clearly physical limitations if it is true.

There are many different theories regarding realism with quantum physics so it really isn't anything to draw a conclusive answer from.

Also, NLP is quackery.

edit on 4-3-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Vixen~

She actually did pray for God to take it away from the town, not just her house. So no argument there. Now I'm not saying that God heard her prayer and saved her...obviously the town wasn't spared. I'd chalk it up to good luck.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join