It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extra room?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Does anyone have extra space to host a 104mb video of a UFO that I filmed here in Louisville, Ky.? Its just to big to be hosted by a free server, and I dont want to lower the quality of it, because I want you to see it like I saw it. I also cant cut the length down because its only a 6 min clip, but at highest quality. U2U me if you can. Thanks

KF

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I have the video down to 96mb if that helps a little. I winrared it to a self extracting winrar exe. I hope the size isnt scareing you guys off. Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Can an ATS member help Kidfinger out with this? I'm losing my patience here!

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
that's the only thing I could find, but it's only a 15 days trial. I think I remember seeing something that could hold more than 100 mo and was totally free, but can't find it at the moment.

www.xdrive.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Thanks M0rbid, I checked it out, but they need a credit card no. I have just gotten out of a mess on E-bay where someone got my cc # from paypal and charged abunch of stuff, so I am a little leary of giving that out. Any other suggestions?

By they way, I have tried sitesled.com , but the vidoe wont upload to there server. I dont know whats going on with that. I sent them an E-mail and still have yet to hear a reply.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Ok, sorry for that, I thought it was completly free, didn't knew they were asking for a CC number.

I'll check out if I can find anything else.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Ok, found something else, altho it's not blazing fast, it might work. (stuff over 100 mo + are more rare than I thought)

s2.yousendit.com...

Add only one recipient, than when the first recipient get the email, he/she could share the download URL here.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
YouSendIt kills the file after 7 days...so youd have to reupload it after that.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
You could put it on bit torrent, by hosting it on your computer and postiing the torrent link. If you don't know how I'm sure some staff can help you out or the folks at the bit torrent forum. Good luck.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I can build em' and play games on em', but when it comes to transfering stuff on the web, Im lost. Is bit torrent like an ftp or something? A point in the right direction would be much appreciated.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
I can build em' and play games on em', but when it comes to transfering stuff on the web, Im lost. Is bit torrent like an ftp or something? A point in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Bit Torrent is a distributed downloading P2P client. You would need a program called MakeTorrent to create the Torrent files, and you can use the free Demonoid tracker to setup the torrent file., Then just load the torrent into the BT client and itll start uploading it to the ppl that are downloading, you then just upload the torrent file to a website somewhere. Then ppl just load that torrent into there Client and itll start downloading.

But its a better idea to use YouSendIt to upload it to and post it here, so most people can download the file, alot of people cant handle Bit Torrent.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
"But its a better idea to use YouSendIt to upload it to and post it here, so most people can download the file, alot of people cant handle Bit Torrent."

I did some checking on YSI, and it appears to be an E-Mail only service. You have to type in a recipients E-mail address to send the file to.

Man, that BT sounds SCARY *runs and hides under bed sobbing* MOMMY!

Well, I guess I need to do a search on BT and start reading up!
Thanks

KF

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
No...YouSendIt isnt just email...it emails the LINK of the file to the person you specify. Even after you upload something it gives you a link to the file. So anybody can download it.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
No...YouSendIt isnt just email...it emails the LINK of the file to the person you specify. Even after you upload something it gives you a link to the file. So anybody can download it.

OOOOOHHHH! I feel like a schmuck now. Ill do that as a temperary fix for this problem. Thank you for the clarification.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
96mb?!!!

Do you really think anyones going to download that behemoth?

Ok, I'll download it. Get it up.

SMR

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The best thing to do is convert to real-media and stream it.
Sitesled has pretty good bandwidth as well as uptime,so I dont think streaming it should be a problem.Be best for dialup users as well.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
lol@DeltaChaos

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
YouSendIt kills the file after 7 days...so youd have to reupload it after that.

Hey, it's free. Who cares, you guys wanna see the UFO video or not?

I'd like to see it before the guy have a conversation with MIBs lol (j/k)

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
has this been hosted yet?

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK
has this been hosted yet?

Yes, Thanks to SMR and Morbid, there is a link to it on a thread entitled " Photos of whatever is over Louisville" It was posted by Lady V. or
s2.yousendit.com...
Go to the thread to reply to it though please.

new topics

top topics

join