It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S.A. Military base being build in the Dominican Republic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Hello ATS and U.S. Government:

I just got an email from the local US embassy (im enrolled in some email alert in case of emergencies). I didnt even know that us was building bases in my country... The location of the "Navy Base" is what is very curious..

The future location of this military base is at the Saona Island.

Which of course is not random.. It points directly to South America (Venezuela obviously) and gives them (us), [is like being a guy with two faces, dual citizenship (i was born here) ]. significant control over the carebean ocean

Here is the email.. and please use google.

Sent: Friday, March 02, 2012 1:50:41 PM (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Subject: Security Message to U.S. Citizens: Planned Demonstration in Santo Domingo

Various groups have convened a meeting for Sunday, March 4 at 9 a.m. in Santo Domingo to protest a Dominican Navy remodeling project on Isla Saona. The groups are expected to march from the Universidad Autónoma de Santo Domingo to George Washington Avenue.

We remind American citizens that even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and possibly escalate into violence. American citizens are therefore urged to avoid the areas of demonstrations if possible, and to exercise caution if within the vicinity of any demonstrations. American citizens should stay current with media coverage of local events and be aware of their surroundings at all times.

U.S. citizens traveling and residing abroad should enroll in the Smart Travelers Enrollment Program (STEP) at the following website: travelregistration.state.gov.... U.S. citizens without internet access may enroll directly at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate at their destination. By enrolling, U.S. citizens make it easier for the Embassy to contact them in case of emergency.

Updated information on travel and security may be obtained from the Department of State by calling 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or, for callers outside the United States and Canada, a regular toll line at 1-202-501-4444. For further information, please consult the Worldwide Caution and other consular information, including Country Specific Information, for specific countries. These products and the latest international travel information for U.S. citizens are available on the Bureau of Consular Affairs Internet website at travel.state.gov....

For any emergencies involving American citizens in the Dominican Republic, please contact the American Citizens Services (ACS) Unit of the U.S. Embassy. The Consular Section Embassy is located at the corner of Cesar Nicolas Penson Street and Máximo Gómez Avenue, Santo Domingo, D.R.; telephone 809-731-4294; after hours emergency telephone 809-221-2171; ACS unit fax 809-689-6142; e-mail [email protected]. For more information, visit our web page santodomingo.usembassy.gov....

Is so nice how they tell US citizens, hey yea we are building a base down here and you know they don't like it... so avoid their demonstrations ..... keep on with life this is what we do.

This is not a popular topic on the news here. i didn't even know until today about it.,,,,

Sometimes i wish the world does come to an end so the few that will hopefully survive build houses and schools instead of military bases. That of course protect money.. that is from tress that has no real value.. and most of it is zeros and ones.

thanks

PS. If posted in wrong forum please move it where it belongs to..
edit on 2-3-2012 by junior2991 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I, as a financial contributor to the Dominican Republic, would like to correct your post. The United States is NOT building a base in the Dominican Republic. The United States is DONATING the financial assistance for Dominican Naval Detatchment in Isla Saona for its construction of the base. The US annual monetary aid to your country has averaged about 65 million dollars per year. This does not include the private donations which amounts to at least that.

Because the Dominican Republic cannot afford to finance it's own navy, we help them financially to keep them afloat and assist them with weapons and boats to fight against the human and drug trafficking around its waterways. The last time our military was there was after the earthquake on the island. We had a large white military hospital ship with a huge red cross painted on it, giving free medical care and surgeries to the victims of the quake. Have a great day.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
It's US funded but the Domincan Navy will staff it and run it.

U.S. Embassy Public Affairs Advisor in Santo Domingo Todd Haskell said: “This investment…will lead to greater long-term effectiveness in the fight against common threats that affect our two nations. Once completed, the project will also allow the Dominican Navy to have a continuous presence in the Isla Saona.” He also noted the island’s location in a “vulnerable” area and that the base’s presence will allow monitoring of the Mona Passage, a strait between the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico frequently used by smugglers.

Only time will tell...

But the more contentious issues is sovereignty, given two occupations by the U.S. military on the island over the last century. Some believe that U.S. funding means that the base would be run by the American military, but the U.S. embassy in Santo Domingo assured that “there will not be any military personnel involved in the construction or operation of the base on the island of Saona." Congressmen from the Dominican Liberation Party—that of President Leonel Fernández—called for a formal investigation of the project. So far, Danilo Medina, the favorite to replace President Fernández, has avoided comment on the project, saying that the presence of a U.S. base is “speculation.”

www.as-coa.org...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
if its so great then, why the heck are my people protesting??

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The proper title should be "Dominican Republic military base being funded by U.S.A.

This is a nice misleading, attention grabbing headline.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by bg_socalif
The proper title should be "Dominican Republic military base being funded by U.S.A.

This is a nice misleading, attention grabbing headline.

Proxy at it's best...

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
This site full of brainwashed dumb Americans. Shame that i had to leave a wonderful country for the incompetence of 400 million people to loose control of their country by a group of couple thousand foreign's from Israel.... for some reason Hitler wanted them dead.

"Funded" .... come on.... on a ISLAND OUTSIDE, FAR FROM OUR REAL COAST AND IMPORTANT CITIES?????? Who is going or navy to fight??

If all of you are not from some trolling agency. I can truly confirm that most of Americans are brain fried... due to fluoride and vaccines.. you all line up to take them...

Like you seriously think that USA has any good intentions.... or that the constitution exists?? or that the whole Dollar Currency SCAM isn't a FACT... We have debt that is impossible to pay. but we raise the debt ceiling every time we need more money... Have you seen a ceiling rising before?? is doesn't even make sense.

I'm american myself and im anti USA. Not because of the nation that it once was. But because of the in deference of its people and their sick "leaders"

So i suggest you guys wake up and realize that the NWO is real and the USA is building or funding or whatever you want to call it. MILITARY BASES !!!!! everywhere. Its going to happen.

top topics

join