It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to Iran and Israel: 'As President of the United States, I Don't Bluff'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by FlyersFan

But of course, Obama has been very clear that he hates Israel.

So? What if he does?

If he had snubbed someone that you dislike then it wouldn't be an issue. But since Republicans and Neocons pays lip-service to Israel like good little lapdogs, everyone else must follow suit?

Most people don't even know why we are supposedly so tight with Israel...they just follow along because they are afraid to look antisemitic.

ETA: If all Obama has to do is leak a little info to keep us out of another war....I'm ok with that. I'd rather Israel get a little pissed then for my brothers to go to the Middle East to die!

edit on 2-3-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

he probably do hate Israel, bec if you remember he is a Muslim, and do you think a Muslim will kill his own Muslim people. I dont think so ,

edit on 2-3-2012 by storm2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by storm2012

he probably do hate Israel, bec if you remember he is a muslim, and do you think a muslim will kill his own muslim people. I dont think so ,

I don't remember him being a Muslim...sorry I must have missed the memo.

This sort of argument really takes away from a productive discussion. I am willing to talk about these issues but you have to do better than this crap!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I think all that are chomping at the bit to go to war with Iran should sign up immediately, that includes signing up their children and for the frontline, not sitting behind the desk in D.C..

I am sure all the pro Iran war people and their children, along with Israel will make short work of this endeavor. They will have some cute little label, like "fast and furious", to sweeten the sound bite.

Let the rest of us sit home with our children and watch you on the tele.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scripter
reply to post by Azadok

Oh please, even if Iran was trying to obtain nuclear weapons(which they are not) this idea that as soon as they get one they will attack Israel and in turn be destroyed not long after is completely absurd and based on fantasy, not reality. Just like every other country it would be used as a deterrence. Oh and if you want to talk about hurting the Iranian people, bear in mind that the nuclear power project is extremely popular in Iran, sanctions being placed against them by the west is what hurts the average Iranian, never the people in power, just like half a million children that died in Iraq as a result of sanctions.

Iran has every right to nuclear power and the benefits it brings to a country.

Yes, they are trying to obtain nuclear weapons, they are enriching uranium to weapons grade, you only do that for that purpose..........and funny how you go from saying they are not and then follow it with, "just like every other country it would be used as a deterrence."
Iran is not like any other country....they are a theocracy trying to get a nuke....take all the time you need to remind yourself just how "peaceful" the religious fundamentalists have been through out history.

Sanctions result in civil unrest and people in power find that dangerous and a threat to their remaining in power.
Your suggesting that we do nothing and let them get nukes because they won't use them? They won't use them to blackmail the West to do anything they are told to do? You are either young, naive, or both.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

So? What if he does?

1 - A POTUS isn't supposed to have his personal or religious beliefs interfere with his duties. Leaking the war plans of a country that is supposed to be our ally is definately something Obama shouldn't be doing.

2 - Go back and read the entire post in context. I was saying that it could explain why his administration leaked Israels war plans. It's because Obama hates Israel.

3 - My post proves the point that what Obama said in the opening post was bull. He does indeed have a problem keeping plans secret.

If he had snubbed someone that you dislike then it wouldn't be an issue. But since Republicans and Neocons pays lip-service to Israel like good little lapdogs, ...

: blah blah blah .. it's like an old record that never wears out ..

1 - I'm not a republican or a neocon.

2 - Who I like or dislike is irrelevant to the conversation. The fact remains that the Obama administration leaked information about an allys war plans simply because Obama doesn't like them personally. That's not acting very presidential of him.

3 - That fact proves what he said in the opening post as wrong.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by becomingaware

It is the job of the American president to be tough. It is not arrogance as much as it is stating publicly what our policy is with the situation.

I agree with some that posted about the leaks that slowly come out of DC, these are to prevent war by foiling sneaky tactics.
It is the only way the US can attempt to appear strong and firm while saving face. I do not believe we want a war with Iran. In fact, I am sure we don't. We are preparing for one though, as that is the smart and prudent thing to do.
I personally am not a supporter of Israel Gov, to me, they are just as bad as their neighbors,however, the right to exist is their right, which Iran threatens constantly. Iran has the right to nuclear power,it has the right to self determination as a country on what it's energy needs and focuses are. It even has a right to nuclear weapons if it so chooses to enter the arena of MAD. (IMO) And that is not to say Iran will be responsible with nuclear weapons, just that they have the right. The problem with both Iran and Israel is a religious problem and a human rights problem on both sides. Israel seems to be more openly aggressive about how it does things, such as settlements and Gaza. Iran is more covert with extremists being used as tools for suicide bombings and terrorist attacks.

The US is caught between a rock and a hard place at the moment because of how we stand by Israel. It is a fanatical stance where common sense seems to be almost non-existent, up until the current presidency. This is the first time I have ever heard the US caution Israel and give it some criticism. It is a good thing. Israel is strong enough to stand on it's own two feet.

The problem in the Middle East is much more complex than just Iran and Israel. It is one of only a few places in the world where US/Russia interests are so important that war could of flamed up as far back as the 50's all the way up until the present time. Just because the USSR is gone, does not mean Russia is gone, and they were the HEART of the USSR. Basically, all of eastern Europe WAS Russia to some extent.
We are being pushed into a conflict with Russia through Iran, which is much like what happened with Korea and China.

Neither Israel nor Iran have the right to assassinate each others leaders, scientists, and various diplomats etc etc etc. Seems both Iran and Israel are guilty of this.

The hooks are in the USA's mouth and it is being dragged by chains into Israel's madness. Perhaps it is time to let sides exchange punches so that everyone can get to a peace talk table and work this crap out.

Everyone is at fault in this situation.
IMO

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
There goes another US government traitor bending over to Israel and demanding in to their every whim to send more US soldiers to their deaths.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
1. The Israeli gov intends to destroy the nuclear reactors in Iran because the persian infidel apostate leaders had threatened to wipe out the nation of Israel even though Israel had done nothing to Iran, and had even absorb much of the pain infected by terrorists funded by Iran for decades.

Shall Israel wait till a barrage of nuke missiles from Iran hit Israel, or dirty suitcase bombs goes off in every Israel city,after millions of fellow humans died before Israel is ALLOWED to strike back?

Do remember, no national leader simply utters hot air if they have no intention of following up. More often, they would prefer sneak attacks, such as using terrorists as what Iran had been doing, murdering thousands of innocent human beings around the world, which the apostate admitted. For that infidel persian leader to utter threats to another sovereign nation, more so where nukes are involved, is no idle threat, but taken seriously.

2. Iran has a right to nuclear engergy. Such is something that is supported by many. But NO ONE, not its neighbours or even repressed unrepresented citizens, support nuke WEAPONS. That apostate ayotollah had not and never been forthcoming with allowing inspections, and had deviously delayed for 'talks' while continued with its nuke weaponisation.

Already nuke energy had caused the gravest concern by the world's community of human, after a few failed nuke stations around the world, and those are IAEA inspected ones. How would any SANE human trust uninspected ones by the crafty persian ayatolloh, with arab and world domination in his mind?

3. USA is not the policeman of the world, nor does it seek to be one. But being a responsible world community member, and a superpower at it, do have to right to voice out its concerns, espacially when the other nations shared similar concern over the belligerant state the persian infidel leader had adopted.

President Obama can and will say according to his conscience. Utimately still, it is up to americans to support his stiff spine stance, over what is only a natural concern. No one wants nuke radiation disasters or even wars.

Americans can choose to go for isolationist stand, and point middle fingers up to President Obama, and refuse to support or stand. President Obama, is still only one man in a free republic. Such are the rights of humans in the democracy of USA.

Unfortunately, not many other fellow humans around the world have such rights, or even choices, certainly not in China, Russia and messed up tyranny Iran. When nations such as them wins in oppressiong humanity into slavery, just think - when will it be America's turn? China and russian masses are still enslaved. Syrian despot and his bootlickers seemed to be winning. Iran's masses have no say over electoral candidates, but to 'vote' for whomever is supplied by the persian apostate leader.

Today, there are still a few billion humans that are free to voice out. But when humanity starts being oppressed and turned into slaves, it will be 6.7 billion slaves ruled and forced by tyrants against the mere 300 billion americans, a no brainer as to who will win in the end.

No one wants war. But if belligerances, irresponsibilities to world communities are forced upon, even a cornered animal will fight back, let alone free humans.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

1 - A POTUS isn't supposed to have his personal or religious beliefs interfere with his duties.

I agree. So would you hold the same discontent towards Obama if he loved Israel personally, or held a close connection due to religious belief, and then went into war based solely on that connection?

Leaking the war plans of a country that is supposed to be our ally is definately something Obama shouldn't be doing.

Panneta said it, not Obama. And let's be honest here. Iran already knows a lot more than just a 3 month "potential" time frame supposedly leaked by the administration. Iran didn't learn anything knew from this at all.

2 - Go back and read the entire post in context. I was saying that it could explain why his administration leaked Israels war plans. It's because Obama hates Israel.

I understood what you meant. I guess I am failing to see what Obama has leaked that actually would be considered "war plans". Vague time frames and comments do not give Iran a strategic advantage over Israel. In other words, there is no meat on this bone....but everyone drooling over it.

3 - My post proves the point that what Obama said in the opening post was bull. He does indeed have a problem keeping plans secret.

What plan has he leaked? Did I miss something?

blah blah blah .. it's like an old record that never wears out ..

You aren't kidding! I wish someone would break that record....but unfortunately it still holds true. I don't believe I called you a republican or a neocon, but your rhetoric follows suit.

2 - Who I like or dislike is irrelevant to the conversation.

You mean to tell me that your personal feeling towards Obama does not effect the way you interpret information pertaining to his actions?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
When will the United States Senate, Congress, and Prez listen to Ron Paul. They have been doing this for thousands of years, a democratic middle east is a pipe dream. The govt. and people have to get serious about a new energy policy. Next kill the fed, use a gold standard. Now we will not have to police the world and worry about this mess. Bring the troops home, let them people throw rocks at each other.USofA B$*%#

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

They are enriching to medical grade, there is no evidence they are enriching weapons grade. All of Irans enrichment sites are monitored 24/7, it is the most heavily monitored nuclear power program in history. I didn't contradict myself either, there is absolutely no evidence they are seeking nuclear weapons, my point was that if they were they would be used as a deterrent to invasion, not for use in a first strike policy.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by IanPaul

Im not sure how far this argument has gone in this or other threads but anyone with half a brain would know you cant get a four syllable phrase or word out of a three syllable phrase or word.

1. Yes 2. We 3. Can

1.Thank 2. You 3. Say 4. Ton

No matter which direction you play it at you cant add and subtract sounds from a playback.

Come on guys really?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

we are in the last days be ready and fear not what you hear or see for it is all meant to be, Israel will be all a lone on this one, the world will not go nuke over her, nor come to her aid and all shall see that she is the promised land, the land of Jacob.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I swear this whole thing feels like one big family deciding whether or not to take grandmas car away, because she is getting a little rocky at driving.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by sykonot

well theirs more to it than that she can not see over the wheel , nor see out past the dash , nor see the gauges, and can not tell if see in drive or reverse. put dad says let her drive any way i feel the need to narrate this She Israel, the wheel her weapons, the Gauges- intell MOSSAD, go forward or go back dad USA

edit on 2-3-2012 by bekod because: editing

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Please attempt to use logic in your answer to my question. Leave the hate for Israel at the door.

Do you honestly think Iran stands a snowballs chance in hell, at standing toe to toe with Israel?

If you do, you are either still using emotions in answering, or you know absolutely nothing about Israels military power.

I definitely do not mean to offend you, but find it hard to believe that anyone of sound mind thinks Iran can "wipe out" Israel.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by storm2012

I'm not gonna blame the Iranians or the Israelis specifically, because neither country is directly responsible for the going's on of today. They share blame in my opinion, for if nothing else, not being willing to listen to others.

Ya know what..

no Iran + no Israel = (right?)

It would mean that for another day or two, until some other ashole comes along and starts playin the bully, we might actually have some peace. but then again, as is displayed in my sig, a very accurate statement, from a truly epic movie - A day without blood, is like a day without sunshine.

Wishing all of you luck

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge
This BS is meant to calm Israel for BiBi's visit not bash Iran. Obama will hang Israel out to dry and they will have to go it alone. Mark my words.

Is there something wrong with that? Bibi himself said we don't need Americas help. He talked the talk now let's see him back it up.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
news.yahoo.com...

He went on, "I also don't, as a matter of sound policy, go around advertising exactly what our intentions are.

That's a load of BS.
Gestetner Updates

Last week, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta leaked to the Washington Post that “there is a strong likelihood that Israel will strike Iran in April, May or June – before Iran enters what Israel described as a ‘zone of immunity’ to commence building a nuclear bomb.” Now, the only reason to leak that information is to stop the attack. In June 2010, the Administration leaked a secret deal between the Saudis and the Israelis that would have given Israel access to Saudi airspace for the strike.

Obamas administration is full of planned 'leaks' of what our 'allies' plans are ...

New York Times
Obama Snubs Netanyahu at the White House

After making the statement that 9/11 was "good for Israel" He deserved to be snubbed.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScarletWitch
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Please attempt to use logic in your answer to my question. Leave the hate for Israel at the door.

Do you honestly think Iran stands a snowballs chance in hell, at standing toe to toe with Israel?

If you do, you are either still using emotions in answering, or you know absolutely nothing about Israels military power.

I definitely do not mean to offend you, but find it hard to believe that anyone of sound mind thinks Iran can "wipe out" Israel.

The only way Israel stands a chance against Iran is if they use nukes. Iran can put six times the total population of Israel in the field. Not to mention as they advance towards Israel more and more Arabs both Muslim and Christian will join with them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join