It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious discharge clouds waters at Hawaii harbor

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Just been reading about this and was wondering what other members think about it.
Basically a plume of white water has started discharging from a storm drain into Kewalo Basin from an unknown source at an alarming rate.
My personal thoughts are that it is somehow related to the shaking and noises from 10 days ago on a neaby island.
possibly hydrothermal ? or do you think the time interval between the two events is too long for a correlation ?

Heres the link to the article.

Article Link.

And the video.

Heres a link to the event that I feel may be associated.

Island shaken my mysterious force.

Heres another ATS post on the earlier event.

Link

(Sorry if I've made any mistakes ... first post. - I checked in search first but couldnt find anything posted previously)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
If i were there, i would be hightailing out. Sounds very bad.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
what i find most puzzling is where is the dirty water is coming from? is it normal for volcanic activity to push water up out of the ground?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by lordpiney

When the Volcano was erupting under the ocean in the Canary Islands (Thank god it didn't happen on the island), massive bubbles and slight colouration of water was reported of the coast. Perhaps the volcano is getting ready to blow?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by lordpiney

I think at the point of a tremor liquifaction can happen but I was thinking along the lines of maybe the previous tremors / shaking had caused some sort of fracturing of hydrothermal vents which have made there way to the surface and been captured by a storm drain

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
It also mentions in the article that historically the storm drain in question is not known to discharge a lot of water and there was'nt a significant downpour the previous day / evening.

It also mentions that the drain comes from or is in some way connected to an Artisian well.

ArtisianWell

again makes me think hydrothermal ... hope i'm wrong and its just a spring starting / reflowing.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I speculate. Maybe a leak from Red Hill. The tanks are from the 1940s. Leaks happen from time to time. Maybe they are discharging the clean up. Far enough away from the tanks so no one suspects. Hope it's not COREXANT 9.

For those that don't know. There are humungous fuel tanks buried underground on oahu. Several miles from this harbor. Just above pearl harbor. There are twenty fuel tanks, 250 ft length by 100 ft dia. Yes very big tanks. Can you imagine something goes wrong and BOOM! Bye bye oahu.

What can go wrong? Oh nothing, they just built the tanks in a volcano. It was good thinking.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by emberscott

Your not joking ... Their huge (250 million gallons in total ?)

Link

do you know if they are still in use, it would seem so going off the linked article but I'm not sure

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by emberscott

My question, as I know nothing about this, is what was the purpose of burying fuel tanks? I don't see the Hawai'ian government as hoarders. Was there something wrong with the fuel? Were the tanks themselves faulty?

I have a bunch of questions here as to why in the he77 someone would just bury them?

Thanks for any response, in advance.

Edit: sorry, didn't read the latter poster's link. The military are hoarding it as a drop-off/refuel for pacific ops. Makes more sense. Apologies.

edit on 2-3-2012 by DrogusStillwater because: didn't read...lol

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
WAIT, am I to understand that this normally isn't spewing anything???

If some random geyser just erupted at that extreme rate, serious Volcano Eruption warnings should be issued for the Area...

To me it looks like sand could be mixed in the Water, a bad sign. This a geothermal event happening thousands of feet underground, the discharge is just the tip of the Ice Berg.
edit on 3/2/2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Since the official mentioned the drain was connected to an artesian well it may have something to do with natural disturbance within or near well. Its said not to have smell or leave film on water surface so it seems natural sediment.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
It'll just be the product of a underground land slide or somthing and has met with an underground river/run off.

Since they say it doesnt smell like anything, its probably just a type of soil or sediment.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
It'll just be the product of a underground land slide or somthing and has met with an underground river/run off.

Since they say it doesnt smell like anything, its probably just a type of soil or sediment.

geological more than likely, dissolved calcium perhaps.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Well good ol' "Tiger" in the report hit the nail on the head: get a sample and get on with identifying what is in it, how hard could that be. Leave it to the local color to get to the point. I hope it is nothing serious. Hawaii is a gem and I normally envy the people who get to live there.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I'll take a stab at a blockage somewhere in the system which finally broke through, creating a rush of water. There was no earthquake activity. Oahu has no significant geothermal or volcanic activity.

The state Department of Health has gathered samples of the water emptying into Kewalo Basin and determined that it is fresh water. State officials believe the water is mixing with silt and coral which is producing the white color. The source still remains a mystery.

www.khon2.com...

Red hill is nowhere near Kewalo.
edit on 3/2/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Im not sure what to make of this news.
Being its coming from a storm drain it could be anything. Maybe related to vulcanism.
I remember when I was growing up, my dad resurfaced our drive way with white gravel. The first time it rained it washed the white dust from the gravel all over our front yard. While the water was still standing in the yard, it appeared murky and cloudy from the dust. Could it be something like this maybe?
I don't know.
TXML

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
i have a friend in hawaii. i sent her the news video to see if she's heard anything about the weird shaking and then this happening and what local news is saying about it if anything.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
An explosion on the Big Island of Hawaii, maybe someone's propane tank or meth lab blew, could have NO effect on Oahu's water table. They are way to far apart and are not connected geothermally either.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I wonder if some sort of underground rupture allowed for artesian well water to seep into the line.
The mentioning of "white water" reminds me of the Shiraike Jigoku spring in Japan, which contains white water due to high calcium concentrations. It's one of the Nine hells of Beppu, a collection of Japanese springs, each with different characteristics.

I'm assuming they've taken samples and we'll eventually get to the bottom of this. Keep us posted, op.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I'm bored so I'm heading down to the harbor to check out the water. The stuff started coming out of the storm drain on the 29th, so I'll see if it's still spewing out today. I'll be back, with pics so it did happen!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join