It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inflation: Not as low as you think

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

My Swedish Meatball TV dinner went from 8 meatballs down to 4 in the last year. I wrote an email to the company and they replied that they have "reformulated" several of their products to keep the "prices stable"
I guess it will soon be labled Swedish Meatball then Swedish Noodles, then just noodles, but at least the price will stay the same...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by NurzeChris
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

My Swedish Meatball TV dinner went from 8 meatballs down to 4 in the last year. I wrote an email to the company and they replied that they have "reformulated" several of their products to keep the "prices stable"
I guess it will soon be labled Swedish Meatball then Swedish Noodles, then just noodles, but at least the price will stay the same...

i agree, then just gravy oh and we had to raise the price since we added more gravy.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
reply to post by arbiture

You bring up a good point and a very heated issue currently with Monsanto muscling their way into even organic farming via lobbying legislators. Seems to me it's the same old issue and I wouldn't put it past Monsanto and their kind, to lobby so food stamps cannot be used for organic food.

We all know what inflation is, every time we buy anything we need to get by day to day, but we can leave it up to our legislation to feed us complete useless padded data so we continue to smile and wave. It's not going to work much longer, things will get bad and people will be hurt, but I think in the end we will get to a better way of living.

Sounds good on the code, very nice of you to do that.< Below is from arbiture...>
Sadly, most legislators are clueless as you might realize, when it comes to understanding the "triad" The people who create and control the money, those who get involved in politics first because they either want the short route to what they THINK is power, or they actually start out trying to do the right thing until it hits them in the ass, and the rest of us, the 98.7% caught in the middle wondering if the circus is fueled by what seems to be serious drugs. Piss poor excuse, but an excuse never the less.

I have seen some evidence, that certain companies that are involved in the commercial mega farms , are not happy with the organic or local grown food movement. I honestly believe this is ultra-credible. It sounds like such a cop-out, but names, methodology I won't talk about. I wouldn't. Not to mention wanting to to say how I know what I know, I like poker and win 53%, so I'm looking at this the same way, or should I get depressed? Naah. The following sentence is very important. I have seen nothing that would point to some type of conspiratorial cartel, I can tell you this quite honestly. Not that they don't exist, sure they they do. I just never ran across them in my work in this area.

What I have seen and know is certain companies and other quasi-official groups have a mutual interest in areas with other groups, some would surprise you, and you know the term "birds of a feather flock together"? I can't speak to the birds I don't speak bird, and thats a pity, but I'm trying to learn at least their language. But people who have similar interests have an almost supernatural capacity to find each other. Its less a conspiracy which implies planning, intent and deception, and more an almost mathematical probability they WILL find each other. And you are talking to a guy who actually has been involved in two honest to God conspiracies by any definition to anyone. And the amazing thing was how little was actually planned. Dumb circumstance, and after a very short time I realized "this is serious s***".

In my case I thought the objectives of my little participation was harmless. I was young and stu If it is any consolation, this circus was at least something I thought was appropriate and I did get people out of a country and saved their lives. And I didn't make a dime, though I think some got enough to retire while they were in their 30's. I wouldn't have felt right taking money for doing the right thing. My Dad said "Ï don't know if your noble or just damn stupid" I said "both I hope". Money? Not this kind of thing. And it almost killed me. So, win some, loose some. Feel free to whip out the violins... I never regretted it, in fact it gave me strength for much greater struggles later, not remotely so sexy.

The real truth is most so called conglomerates or companies today are based on farming on massive production in humungous size areas that cross nations, who as I said don't have the same safety, work conditions and for those who have to eat anything, any way of knowing what poisons are spread on food. And I have an interest in this area because I believe many more local farms, that are organic and owned by a small group or community made in THIS country has to follow strict rules. THAT is a LABEL no grower wants to loose. People who buy organic are very anal, loose trust for a grower? Just try to get it back And frankly what might surprise many, including certain corporate heavies is the truth how organic and local growers operate. The nature of such organizations are like everyone driven by money. Make them earn by buying their products and the cash will follow. I am working on standardization for for all organics and a "chain of custody" simple and on the label so people can make an informed choice based on their awareness. Every organic farmer I have met, over 100 in the US and overseas wants a bright light for all to see. More people who know about a good product, more will buy it.

Running out of room, sorry. Next post will tie more in to inflation

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I can tell you that right now, as we speak, my family unit has reached our financial limit.
Not sure what we are gonna do when our everyday needs are barely met now after these modest increases.
We have already had to cut everything back to basics, and have no wiggle room.
We will be voting our pocketbooks this election year, and something tells me I'm not alone.
Those in power, whether at fault or not, will be replaced with anyone that will promise to LOWER these everyday costs.
Those in power have already explained that energy levels will skyrocket under their policies. They are getting everthing they want because it will not effect their rich a**es.
I am not alone in the knowing that real inflation is HUGE right now, catastrophic to many, many...

I'm ready to start a new cash crop business involving america's #1 cash crop. Perhaps, I could find some humor in all of this while I'm at it.

The Rev. is at his wits end...and the Gov't's dumb numbers will never be true
I kid

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

There are some interesting aspects of areas that have to do with food prices but unlikely your going to say yummy if you like animal meat from real animals or let alone are into organic anything. I know i did promise to tie this next post directly to inflation so gang believe it or not, it does, but as inflation is concerned not in the immediate term. But this is a technology and idea that will become inevitable and sooner then one would think. The following would not even be an issue if more people became vegatarians but if you check out my posts if not sobbing out of extreme board-um* you will see my strong libertarian streak exposed. Pardon ladies... I am as much a believer in the anti-nanny state as anyone will find. Just as long as TPTB keep the poison and poop out of stuff I eat, insurrection from me is not likely...

It has been developed in the area of what used to be called cell culture is in effect a glorified pietrie** dish and capable now of growing stem cell sourced genetically identical tissue, including (for now) rather simple organs. This interests me no end because of it's incredible potential to in effect take the genetic material from anyone at any age and "grow"an assemblage of cells, though we have seen Sweden build an artificial trachea, we can do this for heart valves (I'm still waiting for the movie to come out on that as we do have fair and primitive heart valves) but much more exiting, since I know I need to get more is skin. Why? Anything from avulsive skin wounds where the skin is torn in truth ripped off in injury, cancer, battle damage or the nasty of all, severe burns.

But the reason is so important to any one who like's to eat meat out there is we can take the same genetic bi-informatic(thats information encoded in biological as in living materials as they apply to systems, and that is truly vast, see reference below, as reference "[a]" ) tissue as a small sample from say a cow or pig (the later are so biologically like humans most don't want to know how...) and reproduce the muscle tissue in a way that would allow us to "grow" this in what I will call a "bioanfarm"or biological animal farm. Chose your own acronym who knows it may show up in a future dictionary. How do you think we come up with new words? We make them up! Its that simple.

Today one of the greatest danger's and destructive effects of not-so-much human population growth, that is a big problem but its much more about an impoverished number of people who have a multitude of associated problems, first being in areas that are utterly without basic sanitation and most critically clean water. Sadly the real reason is not that the west or other prosperous nations are just plain greedy, or cheap, or uncaring. Huge sums of money many nations give for humanitarian aid. You have shamelessly corrupt governments and those who use food water and life itself for political gain, sickening. And American haters out there? The US gives more then most of the worlds richest nations put together. Not just by per capita but that and total monies given . My gripe on this issue is a big one but not today, not now.

Main reason? Largely because you have exactly what I want for everyone on Earth. In China, Brazil and India in particular you have a massive and exploding middle class and they want what any rational person wants. A better life, and the idea in their brains that their kids will be better off far beyond anything they would have imagined not ten years ago. Wow. Make no mistake prosperity makes people crave things they could only once dream of, and not long ago for so many a cell phone was better then warp drive and as difficult to imagine (hey, you don't even have to pack!) .And I'm not taking iPads here oh they got those coming out of their ears. In fact many place's in particular African nations have skipped over the cumbersome phone lines, a more primitive technology and gone straight to wireless phones and computers all connected by satellite. Very cool but oddly problematic. Not the cell phones thats easy and not hard to install and if you can have people after they have money, pay you for that privilege. And smart companies I have advised give it to them and they will come... And the companies that listened to me? Lets say they are deliriously happy, or just delirious, for me its hard to tell. And dear God don't ever try to take a cell phone from a Masai warrior, you have a better chance living trying to steal his cow. And thats war, so just do the math.

* and this crap is what spell checker gave me, does this even look like a "real word" to anyone? ** this one gave me the word "poetry" I KNOW HOW to spell that. Stupid machine, and anyone wonder why billion $ computers are no brighter then a cockroach? Engineers out there please, call me. Let me help? [a] sorry no room this post but will nxt

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by reverandrandy
I can tell you that right now, as we speak, my family unit has reached our financial limit.
Not sure what we are gonna do when our everyday needs are barely met now after these modest increases.
We will be voting our pocketbooks this election year, and something tells me I'm not alone.
Those in power, whether at fault or not, will be replaced with anyone that will promise to LOWER these everyday costs.
Those in power have already explained that energy levels will skyrocket under their policies. They are getting everthing they want because it will not effect their rich a**es.
I am not alone in the knowing that real inflation is HUGE right now, catastrophic to many, many...

I'm ready to start a new cash crop business involving america's #1 cash crop. Perhaps, I could find some humor in all of this while I'm at it.

I kid

Brother I understand more the you could know. I was kicked out of the house by my Dad when I was 18. Found out, I have no idea how, I was gay. I lived until my 30's in the closet as gay people would never (usually) get a security clearance, and I had one TS/SCI-SCAJASON by the time I was 25. I think somebody who I will never know who had to green light it. That gave me my career. and then some. It would seem a 4.0 GPA and never having been in trouble at all was not good enough for Dad.

My Mom was in England taking an extended course and after Dad told her every time she called I was "in the shower, out and about, in class" for about a month which since I lived at home that made no sense, I did not stay out late as I was in College by the time I was 16 and lived at home, Mom came home and thats when Mom dumped the son of a bitch. The day after being tossed out was able to stay with a college friend, who like me was pretty shocked something like that would happen to me. Had more fun in his dorm anyway, thanks Dad. You have no idea what a little pity got me those few days. Hard to type when I can't stop giggling. That was only in retrospect not funny, it was hysterical.

I am so sorry that you are in the situation you and your family are. As for people who promise the everyday costs will go down, first they can not promise what they can't control or for the GOP, are clueless about. The stuff they spew out is so idiotic I really can not figure out why the American people put up with a bunch of American Taliban, out right convicted criminals (Newt), and a multiple personality , dissociative "did you take you pill today"? guy who given his OCD and ADHD (Romney), well you get my drift. Noticed if you watched the Republican debates which I couldn't with out a lot of Mylanta how whatever the question so many times the candidates would say what they wanted to? Forget even coming close to answering the question, only Ron Paul came close. It was like a bunch of wind up toys who after the string is pulled can only say a few basic pre-programed phrases. I bought a Ferbie for my Sister that was more eloquent, and thats no joke, thats terrifying.

Unfortunately everything Obama has tried to do with a Republican Congress whose ONLY stated concern the day after the lunatics took the entire nation hostage after they were elected was to get him out of office. Not to rag to on the Republican spiritual grand pubar Rush Limbaugh to much but when he says the day after Obama was elected he WANTED HIM TO FAIL?? Guess what Prince Vicodin, if any President fails WE FAIL all of us. Hey I didn't like Jimmy Carter. He's a good ex-President but next to GW Bush who is with out doubt the worse guy in the WH in my lifetime, Carter was weak and god damned, it was as obvious as it gets. But I wanted him to succeed to the very last moment he was in office for Christ sake. Any President we should want to succeed because if not? Guess what? We all get screwed, and the old saying if you do at least one should enjoy it.

Got to go but will reply in greater detail hopefully tomorrow, but the fire alarm just went off. I'll have to leave the house just as soon as I peel the cat off the ceiling. and get him outside in the car . Can already hear the fire trucks so got to go. No biggie, the house has nitrogen-CO2 rich water sprinklers that are independently powered, with each at each sprinkler head computer aimed, also independent. Guess will see how my creation works.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by reverandrandy

My last post ended in a way I only thought after the fact "Now this is rather pompous given the guys situation" Sorry, but talking about technology is something I do when I get nervous. Not big deal anyway. I do want to add to what you said by the way and will later. Hang in there.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Yes inflation is way over the figures that the FED/BoE and banker puppets put out and the cost of gold/silver has shoot up 50% so it was a good job i brought real money ready for the day when the digits in the computers held by the ECB/FED/BoE all go into a functional loop (HyperInflation)

if the USA can isue bonds worth $15tr and later claim they are all fakes then whats to stop them trying to play the same game with bank notes and if you are talkking digits on a hard drive then you won't be in with a chance when the machine re-boots.

No i'm not saying buy gold, i'm saying buy food/ tools /guns and then if you can afford it you might like to buy some silver/gold coins before the rats of inflation takes a bite out of your pot of fiat paper thats safer under the bed than in any bank paying 1% interest.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by reverandrandy

I kid

it truly is getting way out of balance and they are creating two classes out of what used to be three. poor, middle and wealthy, now it's heading very quickly into poor and wealthy and I think that's what they want.
sorry to hear of your situation but one thing that always helps me feel better is this, i would rather be kind and humble and poor than be one of them and i will be in good company.

if it continues to get bad we, the poor so to speak, will have to stick together and build a new, we have the numbers and we have the power, real power.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Master_007
Yes inflation is way over the figures that the FED/BoE and banker puppets put out and the cost of gold/silver has shoot up 50% so it was a good job i brought real money ready for the day when the digits in the computers held by the ECB/FED/BoE all go into a functional loop (HyperInflation)

if the USA can isue bonds worth $15tr and later claim they are all fakes then whats to stop them trying to play the same game with bank notes and if you are talkking digits on a hard drive then you won't be in with a chance when the machine re-boots.

No i'm not saying buy gold, i'm saying buy food/ tools /guns and then if you can afford it you might like to buy some silver/gold coins before the rats of inflation takes a bite out of your pot of fiat paper thats safer under the bed than in any bank paying 1% interest.

Hyperinflation is a real concern at this point, especially if war breaks out I think it will become a reality. Great advise on buying real goods as they are the only real valuables in this world. Gold has me concerned a bit and I just worry that huge amounts will be dumped on the market and force it down so far that a lot of people loose a lot of money.

They can't do that to real goods though, food, tools, seeds and know how, they can't devalue that.
edit on 3-3-2012 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join